HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Kovalev joins rds.ca

Old
10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Louis Houde

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Alex Kovalev joins rds.ca

You guys can read his first article here :
http://www.rds.ca/senateurs/chroniques/283537.html

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
TroyM

If anybody would be kind enough to provide a simple english translation I would very much appreciate it. If not, I can babelfish it later and see what they come up with

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:12 PM
le_sean

Is he just going to complete 1 of every 3 articles they ask for?

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:20 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
lmao REALLY funny.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Quote:
Lol what a low blow! Seriously I think its great from him...he did so much for the city of MTL and, honestly, he is a great player...

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:12 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
He should be signed to take the point for Markov.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:

Ah, that was great.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Agree with him on all fronts. Especially the SK incident. If Sergei had actually showed up to Hamilton and played a few games, then requested a trade. That wouldnt have made us look very good but at least he would have proven he is worth a shot for the SK fanboys. In that case, the ball would be in Gainey's court. But right now SK acted like a rotten child and has proved nothing.

Kovy is a class act, I dont care what the haters say. I seriously hope he comes back and retires a Hab.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
If anybody would be kind enough to provide a simple english translation I would very much appreciate it. If not, I can babelfish it later and see what they come up with
More or less he was talking about how he'll be on the second line with Fisher and Regin. He talked about Skost and how Sergei did have a nagging injury that was preventing him from playing like how he can though he said that Sergei still seems like the same player. He did say that he would've handled it differently, go down to the AHL, play 15 games and then ask for a trade because thats how he should be proving himself.

He talked about Markov and his injury and how its the type of injury thats not easy to recover from after and the good thing is at least Markov is still young.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:37 PM
number 11

he really wants to stay connected to the mtl fans it seems

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:48 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
More or less he was talking about how he'll be on the second line with Fisher and Regin. He talked about Skost and how Sergei did have a nagging injury that was preventing him from playing like how he can though he said that Sergei still seems like the same player. He did say that he would've handled it differently, go down to the AHL, play 15 games and then ask for a trade because thats how he should be proving himself.

He talked about Markov and his injury and how its the type of injury thats not easy to recover from after and the good thing is at least Markov is still young.
Thanks! I used my meager French skills (picked up from RDS basically over the years) to pore over it and I caught the gist, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

well I wasnt a Kovalev fan but you just cant deny that the guy has class.. he is a good person no doubt..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Habitant#1

I like Kovalev as much as anyone, but when he says that the difference in Ottawa is that the veterans take care of the rookies and that they don't in Montreal...

*You* were a veteran in Montreal, Alex!

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I like Kovalev as much as anyone, but when he says that the difference in Ottawa is that the veterans take care of the rookies and that they don't in Montreal...

*You* were a veteran in Montreal, Alex!
he wasnt the only vet in the locker room, camera caught him a bunch of times talking to the young bloods on the bench. Thats more than I can say about other vets which shall remain nameless.

Old
10-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
he wasnt the only vet in the locker room, camera caught him a bunch of times talking to the young bloods on the bench. Thats more than I can say about other vets which shall remain nameless.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply he wasn't. I was trying to make fun of him for dissing himself!!

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to imply he wasn't. I was trying to make fun of him for dissing himself!!
Ah right, I see your point. The article to me reads like he was saying that no one else was doing it.

After the whole summer unfolded, I tend to think that vets like Komi, Tanguay, Higgins, Pleks and even Saks probably didnt back up the young ones.

Saks probably had enough and wanted out, so I wouldnt be surprised if he took a more passive roll in his last season. You can even tell in his interviews that he cared less and less towards the end of the season.

Bring on the bashing but I dont blame Saku, after all this time even the great leaders start questioning their future with a team that must have rubbed off on the younger players.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
ssoo...translation?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Theodoriph

There was a concise summary given above, but if you want a full translation, I'll do by best.

Note: I haven't taken any French since high school, so if anyone who actually knows French can correct the odd mistake, that'd be perfect. (My translation won't always be direct though...that sounds weird sometimes, so I'll be taking liberty with some of the words. Some of it will be direct by accident because I do translate word by word and sometimes forget to re-arrange things. Sorry for the awkwardness.)

A Very Different Atmosphere

It's with pleasure that I am joining the team of writers at RDS.ca in order to keep contact with you, but also to let you know what's going on with my new team. I will also take the opportunity to comment on the news, like the sad story that will cause Andrei Markov to miss the next four months.

First of all, I would like to talk to you about my team, the Senators. I will play on the second line with Peter Regin (centre) and Mike Fisher (who gave up being the centre). I'm confident that things will go well because I feel good and also because I know we have a good team. Look at the first line (Michalec-Spezza-Alfredsson), and you know we'll be dangerous.

I also want to talk a bout the big difference between the Senators and the Canadiens: the atmosphere in the dressing room. It is not comparable. Here, we feel that the the veterans always take care to ensure that the players aren't stressed.

You know, when you win, all the players feel good and talk to each other. It's when you lose that things change. With the Canadiens last season, there were a lot of young players and when the team didn't win, they stopped talking to the veterans. Some of them were tired. We felt that they were very tense and that it was not easy for them. With the Senators, there is presently more experience in the dressing room and every day the leaders make sure that no one is tense

It starts with our Captain, Daniel Alfredsson. He's a team player who tries to help you ever day regardless of what the problem is. He talks to the young players, gives his advice and communicates with everyone.

The Case of Sergei Kostitsyn

I've also been keeping up with the activities of the Canadiens since the first day of training camp. This week, Sergei Kostitsyn decided to quit the team instead of going to Hamilton. Therefore, I want to tell you this: Sergei had an operation on his shoulder and it is not easy to return from this type of injury. He needs more time to return to normal. However I found that he was the same player on the ice during the pre-season games. Reste que l'entraineur est different (this is an expression I believe...I don't know. If I had to guess from the literal translation, Remains that the coach is different...I'd guess he's saying that the coaches have a different view of the situation). He has no favour (in the eyes of the coaches presumably), that's for sure. I hope Sergie knows success. However, I'd have taken a different decision than the one he took to assure that I remained in the NHL.

I understand that not everyone accepts being demoted in the same way. But, I'd have decided to go to Hamilton. I'd have used the first 15 games to prove to everyone that I belonged in the NHL, and at that point, I'd have demanded a trade. In my opinion, this is the only way to prove you belong.

Andrei Markov

I also learned with horror that my friend, Andrei Markov, will miss the next four months of the season. It's insane! The worst part is, that it's hard to return from that type of injury. Luckily, he is young. I know that the people in Russia will ask whether he'll be ready to play in the Olympics. But, it's not the games that are important, but his health. It's really sad for him and it's even worse that it happened during the first game of the year. I wish him the best. The Canadiens will miss Markov.

On here, I wish you a good season of hockey and I will try to communicate with you at least one or two times a month.

I invite you to view my foundation's Internet site:
http://www.fondationkovalev.org/

See you!

P.S. The irony of a predominantly Leafs fan having to translate the article for Habs fans cracks me up. =D Though I did enjoy getting a chance to use my French once more.

Last edited by Theodoriph: 10-02-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Theodoriph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
CPrice

Thanks Theodoriph, appreciate it.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Belso

OMG... Like a few people mentioned, his heart is still in Montreal. He barely spoke about his team and it almost looks like he did so to save face...

Kovy SOOOO regrets not signing when he could of...

I'm glad he's doing this. More hockey to read

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:38 PM
tomcat13

Quote:

That's funny! lol

tomcat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:57 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
OMG... Like a few people mentioned, his heart is still in Montreal. He barely spoke about his team and it almost looks like he did so to save face...

Kovy SOOOO regrets not signing when he could of...

I'm glad he's doing this. More hockey to read
I agree, Ottawa just wont be the same for him.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
thank you verrry much theodoriph

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Habs _Fan

I just can't believe he's not a Habs...I love the player, I love the men. He is a classy guy and again...I can't believe he's not a Habs...

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:36 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

this is cute, really.

this kind of contact with the city will eventually lead to his return.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote