HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Agent2421 New Trade Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
  #51
WHAfanatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Airdrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo25 View Post
haha dude whatever... clearly i will state this again that i am not throwing sebster under the bus i was stating that he can't let this happen.. am i not allowed to vent my perspective.. i never once said fire sebster or this or that... if anything i commended sebster for stepping up when i couldnt.. i just said i dont want to be in a league when trading nabokov and voracek and acquiring gaustad and giguere is a considered "good return".. its a joke... i can easily now get one of my friends to make an account and get a team and trade me his assets and i will refer to this moment. and you guys cant do anything about it.. do u really want that.. geesh... dont look at the surface but look at the implications and consequences that might happen if you let this through... and im not blaming entirely to fedro.... honestly i like the guy.. ive stucked up for him numerous times and ive talked to him every day on msn.. so dont try to paint me that way... im just saying its hard for me credit this "byfuglien" character when his posts are under 100 and he's trading premium assets for effing gaustad... this isnt about me or fedro or anyone else.. its the league... how can you guys not see that?
Angelo, why are you still ranting about it, is my question. Relax, we all agree with you that trades like this shouldn't go thru but you seem to think they are and I'm saying the league is working as intended because these trade ARE NOT ALLOWED to go thru. That's why I'd like to see this league stay afloat - we have enough knowledgable GMs here to ensure we don't get the ridiculous trades that ruin other leagues.

WHAfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
  #52
Byfuglien33
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Byfuglien33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
he's out for 4 months though!
Haha I know

But you really think it would make a difference this season if I got a healthy Markov? I have tons of work to do to get my team competitive and I am prepared to take the whole season to build a future winner. next season Markov will be one of the best again so I would be the loser in this trade this year but next year I'd be the winner.

Why are everyone so interested in my trades anyways? This league must have much bigger problems. half of the gms seem to be inactive and people are constantly fighting in this thread. This doesn't look good to me but I have faith in our commish. This league is a joke if you decline my nabokov trade. I have explained why I win that trade.

Byfuglien33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
  #53
WHAfanatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Airdrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
Haha I know

But you really think it would make a difference this season if I got a healthy Markov? I have tons of work to do to get my team competitive and I am prepared to take the whole season to build a future winner. next season Markov will be one of the best again so I would be the loser in this trade this year but next year I'd be the winner.

Why are everyone so interested in my trades anyways? This league must have much bigger problems. half of the gms seem to be inactive and people are constantly fighting in this thread. This doesn't look good to me but I have faith in our commish. This league is a joke if you decline my nabokov trade. I have explained why I win that trade.
If you are trying to rebuild, why are you giving away Voracek in a lop-sided deal? The only way a rebuilding team like yours should be giving up a top young player like Voracek is if you are getting back a comparable or better young player.

If you are trying to rebuild why are you trading for an old goalie like Giguere? I can understand wanting to deal Nakokov because he is a UFA next year but he is still a very valuable asset for any team that wants to win this year.

The mistake you seem to be making is not recognizing the value of players you don't personally like for whatever reason. You are a bad GM is you don't trade players for their full value just because you personally don't like them. I've never liked Tomas Kaberle as a player but that doesn't mean I would ever trade him for peanuts.

WHAfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
  #54
Byfuglien33
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Byfuglien33
If I work differently than it doesn't mean I'm worse gm than you are. I dislike players for good reasons and if I dislike a player then he doesn't have a place in my team. I hate inconsistent players so much but I admit I should not make so hasty decisions. Maybe I should stop with the trades for a while and try to get some important free agents signed first.

Byfuglien33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 02:17 PM
  #55
agent2421
Registered User
 
agent2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
If I work differently than it doesn't mean I'm worse gm than you are. I dislike players for good reasons and if I dislike a player then he doesn't have a place in my team. I hate inconsistent players so much but I admit I should not make so hasty decisions. Maybe I should stop with the trades for a while and try to get some important free agents signed first.
the only thing I have to say is.... for the 3 offers you made, you could have gotten a much, much, MUCH better return... I mean some of the trades even you can admit are jokes when you can trade Nabokov for a goalie that's much more valuable than Giguere...

and I disagree with that line... you don't like them because they are Russian... i'm still shaking my head at that statement

agent2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
  #56
TBLbrian
Registered User
 
TBLbrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
woah, I go away for a weekend and this thread adds two pages of crazyness.

I'm to lazy to read all that, but those trades def. need to be veto'd and i mean this as nice as I can, as being a very active member of this leauge..that guy is dumb...

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
  #57
Byfuglien33
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Byfuglien33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLbrifri View Post
woah, I go away for a weekend and this thread adds two pages of crazyness.

I'm to lazy to read all that, but those trades def. need to be veto'd and i mean this as nice as I can, as being a very active member of this leauge..that guy is dumb...
Aww man, thanks! You're a great fellow too!


Come on stop the bullscheisse and try to act like grownups. I have one day behind me and I feel the most welcomed here...good lord!

You can all mock me as much as you want. After a few years if this league is even alive we'll see who has the best team and that's when I will be laughing.

Byfuglien33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
  #58
enthropi
Registered User
 
enthropi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
Aww man, thanks! You're a great fellow too!


Come on stop the bullscheisse and try to act like grownups. I have one day behind me and I feel the most welcomed here...good lord!

You can all mock me as much as you want. After a few years if this league is even alive we'll see who has the best team and that's when I will be laughing.
Sorry about that, but it's usually the trademark welcome for new GMs who's 1st move is trading with fedro91. True story.

But really, you were the one to offer that trade to fedro FIRST? or did fedro propose something far worst and you felt obliged to counter with that?

enthropi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
  #59
TBLbrian
Registered User
 
TBLbrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
everyone else here can attest for me in saying I usually stay out of the stuff like this. But this year I'm more with Angelo. We have had way to many GMs come, ruin their teams and go, which makes it way to hard to get new people involved.

Maybe you end up to be a good GM man, but the way you start off is very important. No one that has come into this league and made ridiculous trades have lasted. We've all heard the "re-building" thing one to many times. Sen. Spezza is the only one I know who has successfully done that, but he was always active.

I hope you don't take it personally and I hope you prove me wrong. I am more than welcoming to anyone who is going to help make this league better. We are very dedicated to each other from the last year, there are about 6 or so GMs that talk and we know how they do. Like I said, just stick with it, and prove yourself and you will get your respect.

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
  #60
Byfuglien33
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Byfuglien33
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
Sorry about that, but it's usually the trademark welcome for new GMs who's 1st move is trading with fedro91. True story.

But really, you were the one to offer that trade to fedro FIRST? or did fedro propose something far worst and you felt obliged to counter with that?
It's okay, people just can't stand that I'm making the team look more like myself. They don't understand that I have many more roster moves to make that will improve my team greatly.

yeah fedro came to me with a insane offer. But I still honestly feel that my offer for him was good and I did well by getting Giguere who will lead Anaheim far in the playoffs once again.

Byfuglien33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:45 PM
  #61
TBLbrian
Registered User
 
TBLbrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
The reasons one sided trades annoy people are:

1. It is to easy to come in, ruin a team and walk (which we have seen way to many times)
2. It is unfair to your team if you actually do care and makes them worse, we are just trying to help you out (even though it may not always be nicely)
3. the competition becomes unfair for everyone
4. it is hard to get new GMs to join onto crappy teams
5. Some people with mediocore teams look worse

and really it takes a lot of the fun away

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
  #62
Byfuglien33
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Byfuglien33
Believe me, I understand you Mr.TBL!

I was in a few leagues last season and they all failed miserably. This league has many problems as well but at least we have dedicated general managers and a good commish here. I think this league may succeed and I try to help by being active and staying with my team no mater how good or bad my team becomes. It's a promise

Byfuglien33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
  #63
Theron
#beauty
 
Theron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Nashville it taking offers on Roman Hamrlik.. and possibly Kris Russell

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 05:50 PM
  #64
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedro91 View Post
Hey guys,

I feel that this time it was really not my fault. The guy even admited that he dislike russian and wanted to trade Nabokov,Datsyuk and Voracek. I offer him for Nabokov and Datsyuk but the next pm he comes back and offer me Voracek and Nabokov for gaustad + Giguere + 2nd 2010. I then send this deal to sebster to make sure it was a descent deal. Then sebster told me it was fine, not saying Sebster did a bad choice of accepting. But tell me how it was my fault when he come back and propose thise offer. I m sepose to laugh at the guy and tell your giving me way too much how about I give you a extra guy and switch the 2nd for a 1st2010. Like not my fault some one excepted a dumb GM.

So stop saying it was my fault. I hate that... I did the right thing and sending the deal to sebster.


Ps.: Sebster is doing a great job and after my deal he goes and deal Dtasyuk for peanuts. That deal was as worse as me but no one complaints about that one. That s just awfull.
fedro.. most of the complaints came after you said it's not that bad.. which it really was. Hardly anyone was blaiming you for accepting the trade, the issue is you cant admit it's bad. I also think the Datsyuk trade was not worse than yours..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
  #65
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
It's okay, people just can't stand that I'm making the team look more like myself. They don't understand that I have many more roster moves to make that will improve my team greatly.

yeah fedro came to me with a insane offer. But I still honestly feel that my offer for him was good and I did well by getting Giguere who will lead Anaheim far in the playoffs once again.
See.. this is another thing that really pisses me off. Everytime a new GM joins fedro will try and take advantage of them. It happened in my league about 2 or 3 times.

Giguere could potentially be losing his job to Hiller.. Gaustad is useless in this type of league and what good is the draft pick.. You were giving up a top 10 goalie and a young star.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
  #66
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
See.. this is another thing that really pisses me off. Everytime a new GM joins fedro will try and take advantage of them. It happened in my league about 2 or 3 times.

Giguere could potentially be losing his job to Hiller.. Gaustad is useless in this type of league and what good is the draft pick.. You were giving up a top 10 goalie and a young star.
I'd say a top 5 goalie.

Luongo
Lundqvist
Nabokov
Brodeur
Mason

in or order.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
  #67
WHAfanatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Airdrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
Believe me, I understand you Mr.TBL!

I was in a few leagues last season and they all failed miserably. This league has many problems as well but at least we have dedicated general managers and a good commish here. I think this league may succeed and I try to help by being active and staying with my team no mater how good or bad my team becomes. It's a promise
I don't know that you do understand what we are saying. Even if you are right that Giguere will bounce back and that Voracek and Nabokov will prove to be overrated, you are still wrong for agreeing to so little for Voracek and Nabokov because you clearly, CLEARLY, could have gotten much more for them. When you are trading a player your opinion of their value is much less important than what the market value is for the player. i.e. if you trade any player for less than you could no matter what you personally think about the player you are making a mistake. This isn't a difference in GM 'style', it's simple logic. All your cockiness about how you are 'building' your team doesn't cancel the fact that you tried to trade Voracek and Nabokov and Datsyuk for far less than what you could have got for them. It's okay to have your own opinion about a player's value but it is not okay to have no clue of, or ignore, their market value.

WHAfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
  #68
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAfanatic View Post
Angelo, why are you still ranting about it, is my question. Relax, we all agree with you that trades like this shouldn't go thru but you seem to think they are and I'm saying the league is working as intended because these trade ARE NOT ALLOWED to go thru. That's why I'd like to see this league stay afloat - we have enough knowledgable GMs here to ensure we don't get the ridiculous trades that ruin other leagues.
because i want to prove to everyone that its still my league.. lol haha

fine fine ill leave it alone and i wont even comment about the rebuilding response.. it doesnt feel like an agent league without me getting in a fight within the first month.. lol

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
  #69
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAfanatic View Post
I don't know that you do understand what we are saying. Even if you are right that Giguere will bounce back and that Voracek and Nabokov will prove to be overrated, you are still wrong for agreeing to so little for Voracek and Nabokov because you clearly, CLEARLY, could have gotten much more for them. When you are trading a player your opinion of their value is much less important than what the market value is for the player. i.e. if you trade any player for less than you could no matter what you personally think about the player you are making a mistake. This isn't a difference in GM 'style', it's simple logic. All your cockiness about how you are 'building' your team doesn't cancel the fact that you tried to trade Voracek and Nabokov and Datsyuk for far less than what you could have got for them. It's okay to have your own opinion about a player's value but it is not okay to have no clue of, or ignore, their market value.
what he said..

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 10:42 PM
  #70
SuperAwesomeSeb
Registered User
 
SuperAwesomeSeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sudbury,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Alright I haven't been reading anything on this thread till now.

Alright first of all, I think hockeyfan's idea of having it a rule that after 3 vetos your out is a awesome idea, if anyone is against this please let it be known I try to be fair.

Also I completely forgot about the rule where we don't accept people under 100 posts in this league. Thanks for reminding me of this one (I'm planning on writting a rulebook in order to keep track of all these rules).

Trading players just because of their country of origin is not the kind of attitude I want in this league, mainly because no professional GM should be doing such things. They should be judging their players on skill not where they come from.

First let me make a attempt at defending myself. I misunderstood fedro's PM as well. He asked me what I thought about the deal I thought he was seeking advice about the trade from his point of view ( we've done that before in another league). Of course I said it was a good deal, because it was a great deal for his team.

Byfuglien, I have no doubts that your a great guy and all but if you can't see that you've lost in this trade then you really aren't fit to be a GM. We've had too many GMs come in and royally **** their team then leave and I will not let this happen again, all your trades are vetoed. Also it seems like the majority of this league wants you out and I'm for the league and I'm not gonna favour you over the league.

Long story short pack your bags and GTFO.


Last edited by SuperAwesomeSeb: 10-07-2009 at 11:11 PM.
SuperAwesomeSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
  #71
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byfuglien33 View Post
No offense but I dont know if I want to trade with a loud mouth like you. First you laugh at my face and then you wanna deal with me. Your offer is not bad but I won't make any more hasty moves or I'll get even more heat on me from you guys. I will have to considder your offer if you were serious but i wanna hear from more teams first. Markov is awesome even though he is russian.


ill stop... i dont want to prey on anyone... i sincerely apologize

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:14 PM
  #72
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebster03 View Post
Alright I haven't been reading anything on this thread till now.

Alright first of all, I think hockeyfan's idea of having it a rule that after 3 vetos your out is a awesome idea, if anyone is against this please let it be known I try to be fair.

Also I completely forgot about the rule where we don't accept people under 100 posts in this league. Thanks for reminding me of this one (I'm planning on writting a rulebook in order to keep track of all these rules).

Trading players just because of their country of origin is not the kind of attitude I want in this league, mainly because no professional GM should be doing such things. They should be judging their players on skill not where they come from.

First let me make a attempt at defending myself. I misunderstood fedro's PM as well. He asked me what I thought about the deal I thought he was seeking advice about the trade from his point of view ( we've done that before in another league). Of course I said it was a good deal, because it was a great deal for his team.

Byfuglien, I have no doubts that your a great guy and all but if you can't see that you've lost in this trade then you really aren't fit to be a GM. We've had too many GMs come in and royally **** their team then leave and I will not let this happen again, all your trades are vetoed. Also it seems like the majority of this league wants you out and I'm for the league and I'm not gonna favour you over the league.

Long story short pack your bags and GTFO.

Awesome attitude sebs!! also if we are going to kick out byfuglien lets veto the trade and give nabokov back... i just saw the datsyuk trade.. so bad! thanks agent for not taking that deal.. amazing job so far keep it up sebs!

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:31 PM
  #73
WHAfanatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Airdrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo25 View Post
because i want to prove to everyone that its still my league.. lol haha

fine fine ill leave it alone and i wont even comment about the rebuilding response.. it doesnt feel like an agent league without me getting in a fight within the first month.. lol
Haha, it's all good. It wouldn't be hockey w/o a few fights!

WHAfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:35 PM
  #74
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAfanatic View Post
Haha, it's all good. It wouldn't be hockey w/o a few fights!
haha also its cuz vancouver was 0-3.. lol but they are destroying montreal right now.. not even close

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:47 PM
  #75
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebster03 View Post
Byfuglien, I have no doubts that your a great guy and all but if you can't see that you've lost in this trade then you really aren't fit to be a GM. We've had too many GMs come in and royally **** their team then leave and I will not let this happen again, all your trades are vetoed. Also it seems like the majority of this league wants you out and I'm for the league and I'm not gonna favour you over the league.

Long story short pack your bags and GTFO.
A little harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo25 View Post
haha also its cuz vancouver was 0-3.. lol but they are destroying montreal right now.. not even close
Yay!

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.