HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes @ Kings (10/03/09)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
  #26
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
Yotes Quotes: Jim Vandermeer

"We'll bury 'em." -

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/podcastp...id=DL|PHX|home

1:36

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:08 PM
  #27
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Hey guys is Bissonette gonna play tonight? I hope so cause I wanna see a big bout with him and Ivanans.
I sure hope so. Bissonnette doesn't really stand a chance against a monster like Ivanans, but it'll be nice to see someone a little bigger than Danny Carcillo stand up to that guy.

I'd dress Bissonnette in all games that Ivanans, Parros, or Artyukhin dress in. Save poor Jim Vandermeer the grief.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:13 PM
  #28
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I sure hope so. Bissonnette doesn't really stand a chance against a monster like Ivanans, but it'll be nice to see someone a little bigger than Danny Carcillo stand up to that guy.

I'd dress Bissonnette in all games that Ivanans, Parros, or Artyukhin dress in. Save poor Jim Vandermeer the grief.
hahaha yeah I remember last year I was at a game at Staples versus Calgary and Ivanans wanted to go with Vandermeer a couple times but Jim declined, and I don't blame him one bit lol.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
  #29
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,663
vCash: 500
So the day finally comes. I'll be doing some grilling. Watching the Sabres game with my friend from Buffalo and then time for the main event at 7:30. Awesome.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:27 PM
  #30
Barkatthemoon
Registered User
 
Barkatthemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
so excited haha
hoping Mueller has a big game tonight to start off the season.

Barkatthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
  #31
Alamo
Registered User
 
Alamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Anyone have the lines for tonight? Just curious on where Lang is, hopefully with Doan.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:24 PM
  #32
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
I read on the website, Doan, Lang, Bods as the top line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Anyone have the lines for tonight? Just curious on where Lang is, hopefully with Doan.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
  #33
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Here's the line from the site. By Dave Vest.


Veteran center Robert Lang, whom the Coyotes signed just this week, is expected to play on a line with wingers Shane Doan and Mikkel Boedker.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
  #34
ower
Registered User
 
ower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SEA by way of Tempe
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Anyone have the lines for tonight? Just curious on where Lang is, hopefully with Doan.
I hear it's:

Mikkel Boedker***Robert Lang***Shane Doan
Scottie Upshall***Matthew Lombardi***Peter Mueller
Petr Prucha***Martin Hanzal***Radim Vrbata
Daniel Winnik***Vernon Fiddler***Taylor Pyatt

Defense

Ed Jovanovski***Adrian Aucoin
Kurt Sauer***Zbynek Michalek
James Vandermeer***Keith Yandle

1st PP

Shane Doan***Robert Lang***Matthew Lombardi
Ed Jovanovski***Peter Mueller

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
  #35
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
Pyatt is injured.

I know they don't want to break up Z and Sweets but god damn is that Jovo/AA pairing scary. Neither are particularly defensively responsible(Jovo has gotten a lot better, as has AA), and AA is way too slow to make up for mistakes.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
  #36
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,329
vCash: 500
As excited as I am to see some regular season hockey at the same time I'm afraid of what the response from the fans at other teams arena will be like towards ours.

At all 3 pre season games I went too I heard fans of teams like LA Anaheim and San Jose chant Hamilton.

Its one thing to taunt a player and or team for the obvious reasons but to taunt a team with chants of a city mentioned as possible relocation is another.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
  #37
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Its one thing to taunt a player and or team for the obvious reasons but to taunt a team with chants of a city mentioned as possible relocation is another.
Posted via Mobile Device
Meh, it's still fair game in my opinion. You don't think the 'Hawks are going to hear endless hilarious cat calls about Pat Kane's summer?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
  #38
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Meh, it's still fair game in my opinion. You don't think the 'Hawks are going to hear endless hilarious cat calls about Pat Kane's summer?
True!

Of course Sidney Crosby gets ragged on more today than any other player.
"Cindy Crosby"
"Cindy Crosby is gay"
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
  #39
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
As excited as I am to see some regular season hockey at the same time I'm afraid of what the response from the fans at other teams arena will be like towards ours.

At all 3 pre season games I went too I heard fans of teams like LA Anaheim and San Jose chant Hamilton.

Its one thing to taunt a player and or team for the obvious reasons but to taunt a team with chants of a city mentioned as possible relocation is another.
Posted via Mobile Device
I sort of agree with rt that it is fair game. Although most games probably wont have a significant enough portion for that to actually be heard. Only the Canadian teams and Detroit generally have enough fans to drown out Yotes fans. And even then I still think Yotes fans are the majority most of the time, it's just that the Arizona sports fan is not crazed(not that there is much to be crazed about) so we are easily drowned out by minority fan bases who are enthusiastic enough.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
  #40
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I sort of agree with rt that it is fair game. Although most games probably wont have a significant enough portion for that to actually be heard. Only the Canadian teams and Detroit generally have enough fans to drown out Yotes fans. And even then I still think Yotes fans are the majority most of the time, it's just that the Arizona sports fan is not crazed(not that there is much to be crazed about) so we are easily drowned out by minority fan bases who are enthusiastic enough.
At the time though we know most Coyotes fans are looking for some way to vent and get how they feel across to the rest of the world.

Chants like Hamilton I think is going to lead a few of to either say or do something stupid in response like start fight. Even worse a lot of Coyotes fans I've talked to at the 1st open house this year are threatening to boo the Canadian National Anthem if the Hockey elitists in Canada get out of hand making fun of a team that had nothing to do with this mess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 07:28 PM
  #41
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
True!

Of course Sidney Crosby gets ragged on more today than any other player.
"Cindy Crosby"
"Cindy Crosby is gay"
Posted via Mobile Device
I feel bad for the guy when he plays in Philadelphia.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
  #42
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy
 
DouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tempe
Country: United States
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
I can't wait for this game to start, I'm real excited to see the guys play again, let's start the year off right. Go Yotes!

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
  #43
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
This is going to be the longest hour and fifteen minutes of my life! C'mon 7:30!!!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
  #44
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ower View Post
I hear it's:
Shane Doan***Robert Lang***Matthew Lombardi
Ed Jovanovski***Peter Mueller
I'd been hoping we'd seen the last of Mueller on the PP point.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
  #45
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I'd been hoping we'd seen the last of Mueller on the PP point.
He was good on the point when he was good. As in his first year. Last year, he sucked, and sucked on the point. If he's good again, this year, he'll probably be good on the point, again.

I'll just blame the entire thing on Olli Jokinen.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
  #46
Coyotes Crusader
Registered User
 
Coyotes Crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Coyotes win 4-2. Either Bissonette or Vandermeer will fight. Yandle and Vrbata will have big games.
Would it be too much to ask to see Bissonette or Vandemeer dispatch Wayne (Don't Call Me Richard) Siimmonds?

Coyotes Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
  #47
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy
 
DouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tempe
Country: United States
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Well everyone we have been through a lot the last couple of months, and have had to endure a lot of criticism from the media and well just about everyone. But it is now time for hockey, and for now we can all relax and come together and enjoy the game we love. Here's to a great 2009-10 season, let's make this a season to remember.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
  #48
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Lets Go Coyotes!

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
  #49
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Let's go Yotes! Looking forward to seeing Bobby Lang in a Phoenix sweater....I see him scoring tonight.

Also excited about the energy and spark the 3rd line should bring. Let's go Prucha!!!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:33 PM
  #50
hao chi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Almost game time!

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.