HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

if Komi consistantly has out of control games

Old
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

vCash: 500
if Komi consistantly has out of control games

do you see him being demoted to the 2nd line? would any of you like to see him there now? i appreciated heart & bravery, but he can't keep doing what he did against the Habs. i thought he was extremely lucky not to have 2-4 more penalties than he did. ok ok. he hasn't played with Kabs for very long, but it was other things that made me go

Muskoka5Ghosts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
eric71*

I can see him being demoted if he does it constantly, but I dont think he will. He will probably do it a nice moderate amount, just enough to screw us over, but not too the point of demotion

eric71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
I can see him being demoted if he does it constantly, but I dont think he will. He will probably do it a nice moderate amount, just enough to screw us over, but not too the point of demotion
oh no.

Old
10-03-2009, 04:11 PM
dubey
Registered Genius

hahahahahaha

You'd think we were already a month into the season.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:14 PM
embracedbias

He's in the first pairing because he's the best fit with Kaberle, and RW wants Beauchemin to play with Schenn.

If he were "demoted" it would be to the bottom pairing. Don't see it happening.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:16 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
What in the ****?

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
sgupca

Wilson liked his play, so i doubt he has any worries.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Jerkini

What was even wrong with what he did? Has it been so long since we played some no-nonsence hockey that a couple roughing calls deserves this kind of attention?

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM
mooseOAK*

Capital letters are nice.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
What was even wrong with what he did? Has it been so long since we played some no-nonsence hockey that a couple roughing calls deserves this kind of attention?
you make a good point. i would react by saying that it's no problem when you have a stronger PK (Toskala&Bonerz). once that is better rough all you want.

Old
10-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
^^^^

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
TheProspector

Komi had a great game. The Leafs only took 4 penalties. Komi's play made the Habs scared to make any kind of play, and it allowed the Leafs to dominate the play.

The lack of Leafs finishing talent, and a few defensive ****-ups combined with lame goaltending for the loss, but the structure of the game was exactly how Brian Burke and Ron Wilson want it.

It was nice to see players too skittish to make plays at the blue line, or cut in front of the net. The Leafs lose this game long before OT if Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri & Plekanec are allowed to dance around the Leafs zone like they have in the past few years.

TheProspector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnew View Post
do you see him being demoted to the 2nd line? would any of you like to see him there now? i appreciated heart & bravery, but he can't keep doing what he did against the Habs. i thought he was extremely lucky not to have 2-4 more penalties than he did. ok ok. he hasn't played with Kabs for very long, but it was other things that made me go

Wilson liked what he brought, obviously a few less penalties would have been great but still... He's showing a no-nonsense approach... although that didn't stop Vesa from being run over 3-4 times.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:06 PM
King Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Wilson liked his play, so i doubt he has any worries.
If Ron liked Komi's play than he has a couple of screws loose. Again, I'm happy he stood up for his teammates, but if he continues to put his team at a disadvantage by taking so many penalties than eventually something has got to give.

I also thought Komisarek helped direct one of the Canadien players into Vesa which I can't understand.

King Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Exactly. I loved what Komisarek brought to the table. I said it all summer long, it was too easy for the opposition to stand in Toskala's way. That won't be the case this year.

Best part about it is that it's contagious. When we were a playoff team, if anyone stood close to Potvin, Joseph or Belfour, their ass was introduced to the ice.

Newfie John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Man Bear Pig

Holy **** It was one ****in game. ONE GAME. Stajan got two goals, I'm surprised nobody has made a thread wondering if he'll score 164 this season.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Ratboy
Leafs DGAF.

He won't.

Relax.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
King Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares in 09 View Post
Holy **** It was one ****in game. ONE GAME. Stajan got two goals, I'm surprised nobody has made a thread wondering if he'll score 164 this season.
150 for sure!
164 is pushing it.

King Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:32 PM
filek

komi's as good a shot blocker as it gets in this league; minus the unnecessary roughness from last game and we have one of the best defensive lines in all of hockey - him + kaberle

filek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares in 09 View Post

if you play like that in 1 or 82 games you're going to hear it from me.

Old
10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

You ask this question after one game? We really need a larger sample of play before starting to worry about things like that. Komi was+1 for the Habs game. Shouldn't you be more concerned with Luke and Beauch being on a pace for -160?

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:46 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT
Bring on the Habs!!!

Komisarek will be a beast during that game.

If you're strictly speaking about a) getting his hands and stick up in the crease after the play or b) getting caught flatfooted at least half a dozen times at the opposition blueline or c) continually shooting the puck into the high defenders equipment, then yeah I guess you're right, he'll be positively beastly.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT
Bring on the Habs!!!

Komisarek will be a beast during that game.

If you're strictly speaking about a) getting his hands and stick up in the crease after the play or b) getting caught flatfooted at least half a dozen times at the opposition blueline or c) continually shooting the puck into the high defenders equipment, then yeah I guess you're right, he'll be positively beastly.
Is there a way to ban this guy from the Leafs board, he is a major troll and an embarrassment to Hab fans

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:11 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Komi only had 2 minutes tonight while playing the most minutes.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
Exactly. I loved what Komisarek brought to the table. I said it all summer long, it was too easy for the opposition to stand in Toskala's way. That won't be the case this year.

Best part about it is that it's contagious. When we were a playoff team, if anyone stood close to Potvin, Joseph or Belfour, their ass was introduced to the ice.
That is incorrect. As someone already pointed out, Komisarek's way of dealing with people in front of the net is pushing them into his goalie. In that regard he keeps going like the ****ing energizer bunny. Every forwards in Boston were delighted about this during the playoffs last year, they'd just conveniently let themselves fall on Price over and over again. Komisarek's forte is shotblocking, therefore he usually stands a couple feet away from the crease when the puck his on "his side" of the ice and let opponents between him and the goalie.

Now, this ain't exactly the end of the world, but it's a bit why Gainey didn't want to overpay for Komisarek this summer. He got hitting and shotblocking down to a T, his positioning was good 2 seasons ago (last season it sucked) and he's a true warrior who considers bruises as badges of honor, but he's not a player who does the little things very well. It gets frustrating in the long run.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote