HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hartford Wolf Pack 2009-2010 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2009, 04:08 PM
MPJohnny5

vCash: 500
Hey wolfpack fans, does anyone know where I can get 2 tickets down on the ice for Saturdays game against the Bruins. Im dieing to go see Grachev and I want seats as low as possible

Old
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4Johnny View Post
Hey wolfpack fans, does anyone know where I can get 2 tickets down on the ice for Saturdays game against the Bruins. Im dieing to go see Grachev and I want seats as low as possible
Yes, go to www.ticketmaster.com and enter $33 tickets, "on the glass". They have some left. It will cost you 33 + a handling fee, but you will be within three rows of the action.

Old
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Rissmiller is just happy to be playing again. He wasn't happy with his situation in Hartford and welcomed the change of scenery.

"Things just weren't going too well for me, so I looked for a change," he said. "I'm looking forward to the future and the days to come. I'm excited to be here."
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....ick_rissm.html

Old
10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
NYR Viper

Pack look horrible.

Old
10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Pack down 5-0 after 2 periods vs Hershey at home...

Old
10-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Mistress Mandy

It was awful tonight. Don't know if Hershey was just that good or the Pack was just that bad (it might have been a combination of both), but it just wasn't a good night all around.

To summarize: They didn't show up and Hershey just walked all over them. Bears capitalized on just about everything. (I know I used the word "just" a lot. Sue me.)

Old
10-30-2009, 11:36 PM
squishy

Got stuck at work and didn't get home until almost 8pm. By that time it was 4-0. I turned it on long enough to see the goal that made it 5-0, and then decided to watch the Rangers game instead. Won't be wasting my time watching this one once it gets archived, so here's the recap from the Wolf Pack site: http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...k=59&objId=455

Old
10-31-2009, 10:33 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
10/31/2009 Chris Chappell (LW) Hartford ADD Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) from Charlotte (ECHL)
10/31/2009 Derek Couture (RW) Hartford ADD Signed to PTO
10/31/2009 Matt Zaba (G) Hartford ADD Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) from Charlotte (ECHL)
10/31/2009 Miika Wiikman (G) Hartford DEL Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) to Charlotte (ECHL)
10/31/2009 Ryan Garlock (C) Hartford ADD Recalled from loan to Charlotte (ECHL)
10/31/2009 Ryan Hillier (LW) Hartford DEL Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) to Charlotte (ECHL)
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=307

Old
10-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
ahh... thanks for the update... i was wondering how the Pack would cope losing Byers and PAP...

just to clarify... 4 up, 2 down.
TO HARTFORD from Charlotte: M. Zaba, C. Chappell, D. Couture and R. Garlock
TO Charlotte from Hartford: M. Wiikman, R. Hillier

after getting r ape d last night 6-0 by Hershey, I am wondering if I should spend $7 to see them tonight vs Providence...

Old
10-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZdP25npzis

Soryal in there with one of the AHL toughest and he hung in there really well . The kid is almost NHL ready with his fists

Old
10-31-2009, 07:40 PM
squishy

In other news, the Pack are actually winning tonight. 3-0 over the baby Bruins. Pretty nasty game. Soryal's already been in a second fight (with former Pack Craig Weller - Scary won that one easily)

Sauer fought as well, if you can call it that... it was more of a wrestling match. He was standing up for Owens, who took a knee and looked pretty hurt (he came back). Gotta admire the courage, but I cringe every time he does it, cause he's just not very good.

Sanguinetti got shoved from behind head first into the end boards as he was chasing the puck behind the net. Looked pretty bad, but he came back a few shifts later.

Henley got chucked for being the 3rd man into a fight Owens never got the chance to fight. Moron.

Old
10-31-2009, 09:05 PM
ThirdEye

Sanguinetti with 2 goals and 2 assists tonigth? Damn...

Old
10-31-2009, 10:14 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice shutout Johnson!.........

Old
10-31-2009, 10:23 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

They need to rename the team the Hartford Jekyll and Hydes.

Wow, what a game for Sangs with 2-2-4. To paraphrase Mark Twain, I think the reports of his demise as a prospect may have been greatly exaggerated.

Old
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

Wow, what a game for Sangs with 2-2-4. To paraphrase Mark Twain, I think the reports of his demise as a prospect may have been greatly exaggerated.
Hopefully, Sangs can punch Rosi's ticket out of town next year.

Old
11-01-2009, 01:56 AM
squishy

Game 11: Providence Bruins 0 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 7

Game 11: Providence Bruins 0 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 7
What a difference a day makes.

On Friday night the Hartford Wolf Pack suffered an embarrassing 6-0 defeat in front of their home crowd at the hands of the defending Calder Cup champion Hershey Bears. Twenty-four hours later, in front of the same home fans, it was the Pack causing the embarrassment with a 7-0 drubbing of the Providence Bruins.

It was the largest margin of victory in a shutout in the team’s thirteen year history.

Defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti had two goals and two assists, fellow sophomore Dale Weise also scored a pair of goals and added an assist, and Corey Locke earned a goal and three assists. Jordan Owens and Illka Heikkinen each added a goal and an assist, and rookie Chad Johnson earned his first professional shut out with a 17-save performance.

Saturday’s Wolf Pack squad had a decidedly different look to it, with four new faces in the line-up after being recalled from Charlotte of the ECHL. Goaltender Matt Zaba sat on the bench as the backup for Johnson, but Chris Chappel, Ryan Garlock, and Derek Couture each earned significant ice time up front. The call-ups were necessitated by the recall to the NHL of P.A. Parenteau and Dane Byers, but also served as a wake up call to the players remaining in Connecticut’s capital.

The shake up had its intended effect. The Pack allowed the baby Bruins just 17 shots in the game, only three of which came in the first period and four of which were fired off in the final frame. And they proved the adage “you make your own luck”, scoring no less than three tallies on deflections off Bruins players.

Weise got the Pack on the board early with an unassisted, shorthanded marker just 2:34 in. The 21-year old winger stepped up in the neutral zone, knocking a pass out of the air at the red line and skating in alone on Providence goaltender Matt Dalton. Weise cut in from the right side boards and fired a wrist shot through Dalton’s five hole for his first of the game and third of the season, tripling his season output.

Like any good divisional game, this one got nasty early. Justin Soryal squared off with Brett Clouthier at 5:57 and held his own in an entertaining bout with the veteran heavyweight. Michael Sauer got in a rare fight with just under three minutes remaining in the period when he challenged Drew Larman after Larman kneed Owens near the boards. Sauer ultimately wrestled Larman to the ice in a scrap that lacked any significant punches.

Hartford tripled their lead in the second period — and they started early. With Jeff LoVecchio in the box serving a late-first period delay of game penalty, Sanguinetti’s wrist shot from the left point deflected off Providence defenseman Adam McQuaid in front, beating Dalton just 39 seconds into the frame.

Owens, who’d been struggling offensively in his first season playing on an NHL contract, scored his first goal of the season at 7:05. Tyler Arnason dropped the puck off to the scrappy winger in the right faceoff circle. Owens wound up and fired a perfectly-placed bullet in the short side top corner. From the look on his face, it was as if a giant weight had been lifted off his shoulders after going the first ten games of the campaign with just a single assist.

A scary moment came at 13:10 of the period when Sanguinetti was shoved from behind into the end boards as he skated in behind the net. The New Jersey native went into the boards heavily, leading with his head and right shoulder. He remained down on the ice for some time being attended to by Pack trainer Damian Hess before skating off the ice under his own steam. He returned before the end of the period after missing a shift or two. No penalty was assessed on the play.

A minute and 12 seconds later Owens laid a similarly dangerous hit on a Bruin at the opposite end of the ice. Guillaume Lefebvre challenged the Pack forward, who’s proven to be more than able to hold his own in a scrap, but defenseman Brent Henley inexplicably jumped in, putting an end to the bout and earning himself a game misconduct for being the third man in. Owens was given a two minute charging minor for the original hit.

More game misconducts would follow. Soryal and former Wolf Pack captain Craig Weller — returning for the first time since signing with the Phoenix Coyotes in July 2007 — were sent to the showers early when they squared off after the horn sounded to mark the end of the second period. Soryal was the clear victor in the bout, and appeared to open a cut over Weller’s left eye.

Brodie Dupont and Lefebvre followed them to locker room at 4:11 of the third period after they tried to get at each other following an uneventful fight between Andy Wozniewski and newcomer Chris Chappell. Dupont and Lefebvre each earned ten minute misconducts to go along with their game misconducts, with Lefebvre getting an extra two for roughing.

The Wolf Pack broke the game open in the third, starting with a power play goal scored with Lefebvre in the box. Weise earned his second of the game by putting the puck in off defenseman Drew Fata’s skate from the right post. Locke and Sanguinetti earned the assists on the power play goal at 4:30 of the period.

Sanguinetti made it 5-0 at 11:01 when his wrist shot from the right point deflected off two different Bruins players and floated over Dalton’s shoulder into the back of the net. The goal marked Sanguinetti’s first multiple-goal game as a pro and came off assists by newcomer Garlock and Owens, who earned his second point of the game.

The Wolf Pack’s puck luck continued 2:15 later when Locke fired a pass off Andrew Bodnarchuk’s skate and into the open side of the cage from the right corner. With the primary assist on the goal, Sanguinetti earned his fourth point of the night, a career high for the sophomore blueliner and a little bit of redemption after finishing -4 in Friday night’s debacle against Hershey.

Heikkinen completed the scoring with 2:10 remaining in the game when he took a feed from Locke at the top of the circles and fired a slap shot through Dalton’s five hole. The assist gave Locke his fourth point on the night, tying him for the team lead in points with Parenteau, who was returned to the Wolf Pack by the parent New York Rangers Saturday evening after scoring his first NHL goal on Wednesday. The pair’s 14 points tie them for third in the AHL scoring race with ex-Pack member and current Hershey Bear Alexandre Giroux.

Parenteau is expected to return to the line-up on Sunday afternoon when the Wolf Pack host the division-leading Manchester Monarchs at 3pm.

Notes:
* The Wolf Pack power play went 3-for-5 and remains tops in the league at 29.8%. Despite killing off each of the seven shorthanded opportunities they’ve faced in two games this weekend, the Pack’s penalty kill remains 28th in the 29-team league with a 74.1% success rate.
* Sanguinetti ranks second in AHL scoring by defenseman with 13 points (3 goals, 10 assists), behind only Providence’s Andy Wozniewski.
* In addition to the call-ups mentioned above, goaltender Miika Wiikman and winger Ryan Hillier were assigned to Charlotte.

Scoring:
1. HFD Weise, (3) , 2:39 (SH)
2. HFD Sanguinetti, (2) (Locke, Weise), 0:39 (PP)
2. HFD Owens, (1) (Arnason, Sauer), 7:05
3. HFD Weise, (4) (Locke, Sanguinetti), 4:30 (PP)
3. HFD Sanguinetti, (3) (Garlock, Owens), 11:01
3. HFD Locke, (7) (Sanguinetti, Heikkinen), 13:16 (PP)
3. HFD Heikkinen, (2) (Locke, Grachev), 17:50

Lines:
Grachev - Locke - Weise
Chappell - Dupont - Couture
Garlock - Arnason - Owens
Ambuhl - Crowder - Soryal

Heikkinen - Sanguinetti
Dandenault - Sauer
Henley - Potter

Johnson / Zaba

Three Stars:
1. Dale Weise
2. Bobby Sanguinetti
3. Corey Locke

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...er-bruins-7-0/

(I also posted a translation of an short Anisimov interview on Saturday: http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...sting-america/)

Last edited by squishy: 11-01-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typos and added scoring
Old
11-01-2009, 04:34 AM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Thanks squishy, always a pleasure to read your stuff!

Old
11-01-2009, 04:36 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Squishy

Is Weise a viable candidate to be called up for 4th line at some point this season?

Old
11-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Osminator

Quote:

exactly my first thought!!!

Old
11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Osminator

PAP is back...

10/31/2009 Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau (RW) Hartford ADD Returned on loan from N.Y. Rangers (NHL)

AHL transaction page

Old
11-01-2009, 12:42 PM
benneyb

Only 1 point for Grachev, if I'm reading that properly? Pretty disappointing given his linemates had multiple point nights.

Old
11-01-2009, 02:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

Seriously. I've been the guy's biggest advocate here for awhile, and I never understood why everyone was so down on him. He's going to be a very good NHL defenseman.

It's just pain.
Old
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Zil

Sangs strikes again with a first period goal.

Old
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
Only 1 point for Grachev, if I'm reading that properly? Pretty disappointing given his linemates had multiple point nights.
Are you not aware of how difficult it is of a transition from the OHL to the AHL? He has 8 points in 11 games, that's very impressive, and he might be the youngest player in the league, or at least top 5. In his first 5 games last year in the OHL he only had 1 point, so this is hardly "disappointing".

Old
11-01-2009, 03:43 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Are you not aware of how difficult it is of a transition from the OHL to the AHL? He has 8 points in 11 games, that's very impressive, and he might be the youngest player in the league, or at least top 5. In his first 5 games last year in the OHL he only had 1 point, so this is hardly "disappointing".
How can someone be disappointed that Grachev only put up 1 point in a game...jesus.

Like you said, he is having a great start for a 19 year old, and he's going to keep getting better.

Closed Thread