HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty's status

Old
10-04-2009, 12:21 AM
bentheprop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
stop ragging on Pax.. he's NHL ready, but for the fourth line
He needs to win at least one battle for the puck along the boards before I'd consider him ready for even the 4th line. A little time in the AHL to work on his physical game would do him some good.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Habskrieg

I'm not sold yet on whether Paccs is ready or not. I just feel we should give a bit more time for a rookie in order to show better performances. If he isn't ready, then yea, we shouldn't rush him, send him down to Hamilton. But if after a few games he starts performing well, then why no keep him. After two official games it shouldn't be this easy to judge him.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:28 AM
coolasprICE

Give Max a break he made no mistakes tonight

There was absolutely no tempo to this game... and he tried real hard keep up to this no-skill type of hockey we saw

3rd liners like Moen usually need to pull it off more so than a talented rookie

We usually play a more exciting brand of hockey out west - I expect him to look more NHL ready after this road trip.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
CPrice

Dang, I thought Patches was invisible tonight but not that invisible haha.
He needs sometime in Hamilton and he'll be back

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 01:33 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
****ing sergei, he'd get a shot at the PP point and a chance to crack top six but he wants it his way.
I know what a tool. If he had any ****in sense about him he'd realize that Patches will likely not stay with the big club for very long and he'd be the first call up to play with his bro. Instead of playing a few AHL games seeing how his shoulder is, he decided to be a puto. Dumbass.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:09 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
please ahl

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It wasn't separated, just a contusion...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/282944.html

Regardless, Pacioretty should not be in the NHL right now. I said it throughout camp. He didn't play enough in the AHL last year and didn't show enough goal scoring wise to be considered ready. They need to rectify the situation ASAP.
I agree. I was really disappointed when I heard he and D'Ago made the team over Sergei. I'm not trying to spin this into a MaxPac&D'Ago vs Sergei, I was just seriously surprised that's the road they chose.

To be honest, I expected Sergei to make the team as part of our top6 unless D'Ago really played incredible during camp. As bad an attitude he has, I felt his place was among us and that Martin could take him under his wing to set him straight. D'Ago didn't show anything spectacular so I felt it was Sergei's spot.

I thought MaxPac and Stewart would intertwine the last spot. MaxPac would play with Lats and Laps on 3rd if dressed. If it was Stewart, then he'd be on 4th and Moen up on 3rd.

That's what I expected.
MaxPac scored 3G last year, 0 in preseason, there was absolutely no reason for anybody to think he was ready for a top 6 role.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I agree. I was really disappointed when I heard he and D'Ago made the team over Sergei. I'm not trying to spin this into a MaxPac&D'Ago vs Sergei, I was just seriously surprised that's the road they chose.

To be honest, I expected Sergei to make the team as part of our top6 unless D'Ago really played incredible during camp. As bad an attitude he has, I felt his place was among us and that Martin could take him under his wing to set him straight. D'Ago didn't show anything spectacular so I felt it was Sergei's spot.

I thought MaxPac and Stewart would intertwine the last spot. MaxPac would play with Lats and Laps on 3rd if dressed. If it was Stewart, then he'd be on 4th and Moen up on 3rd.

That's what I expected.
MaxPac scored 3G last year, 0 in preseason, there was absolutely no reason for anybody to think he was ready for a top 6 role.
Totally agree. Pretty strange since one of the reasons they made it, according to Martin, is that they found themselves too small up front, Martin already saying that he would love to have some bigger guys on your top 6, reason he had in mind at first guys like MaxPac and Lats. Well, it's time the management takes their responsabilities. They went and get small players. And your big players are either not NHL material yet, not ready, or just not good enough to follow their pace. The only guy that was ready, didn't have the greatest work ethic, but that would have thrived to be on this first line is Sergei.

Now we will have to deal him for a 5th rounder. This makes total no sense. Again, Sergei probably thinks he's ahead of what he demonstrated. But he'll get there eventually, Grabovski knew it, Kostitsyn knows it and he's right.

Yeah. Kostitsyn is a punk for saying what he's saying and for the way he's acting.....but it should have NEVER come to that. Then, I'll probably hear some posters again wondering why do we think that we know more than the professionnals running this team......as if EVERY professionnal don't have their share of mistakes, as if WE didn't have our share of mistakes....take a look around at the ex-habs in this league and tell me we didn't make evaluation mistakes....

I just don't get how a management that obsessed with size up front, goes and get the smaller players out there. And then, I don't get how a management that obsessed with drafting the fastest d-men and great puck control kids goes and go get slow d-men but that's another story......

By the way, I loved the MaxPac pick when it happened. I thought it was needed to have bigger guys up front. Something is sure though, his offensive capabilities was a question mark at that time even if he had ranked the points, I do remember how people were questioning if he'd be capable of doing that in higher levels, to which he answered with a great season in Michigan.....but he was playing with the best NCAA player and another great one, 2 seniors who were just dominating the league....probably the reason why Berenson thought it would have been better to keep him there at least for another year. But then, we heard that we picked him in the first place 'cause we needed that type of player in our lineup.......like we needed those d-men in 06 and 07 'cause we were getting short in that department.....like we needed those centers in 09 'cause we were getting short in that department.....so I hope that as far as Timmins is concerned, people will stop talking about the BPA once and for all. Timmins goes for the needs. And sometimes, it's not ALWAYS the greatest solution. But in Pacioretty's case, as it looks like, I believe that they are screwing his development...like Latendresse's...

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-04-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He's also trying to play through a separated shoulder. If he's hurt, they should shut him down until he isn't, then let him get his timing back in Hamilton.

He may or may not be ready, but what they have him doing now isn't fair to either side.

Maybe Sergei watched the game and will consider ending his tantrum and reporting to Hamilton.

Sadly, we could use him

...hell, I'd take Sergei on line 4 if it made Andrei interested in playing.
The Habs are making the same mistake with MaxPax that they made with Lats. Pacioretty should be in the A.

As for Sergei - forget it - even if he crawled on hands bended knees over broken glass begging to go to the A - Gainey will not take him back. It's a lose lose situation. Bob & Martin have made their pronouncem,ents and Sergei has made his. There's no going back in this situation.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 07:42 AM
la25ecoupe

But i dont get why Sergei was sent down instead of benched? Or, didn't they explain it to him why he was sent down, he seems to not understand why..

Speak up people!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
kovalost27

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
But i dont get why Sergei was sent down instead of benched? Or, didn't they explain it to him why he was sent down, he seems to not understand why..

Speak up people!!
No one will ever know. A lot of people speculate that it was his attitude.

Whatever it may be, Sergei was asked to play in Hamilton at the beginning of the season. Sergei refused and publicly announced that he will no longer be playing for the Montreal Canadiens and asked to be traded. Bob Gainey replied quickly in the media saying that he could do just that (or maybe let him sit it out for an entire year? who knows).

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He's just proving he's not NHL ready. Which really ****ing hurts because we're going to lose Sergei over this decision to keep him in the NHL.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:27 AM
CanadienErrant*

Contrary to popular beliefs, the Habs have a tendency in the last few years to bring up their youth too early. Price, Lats, S.Kost, and now Pacioretty lack the pro experience they could have had at AHL level.

Pac played ONLY one season at College level, and about half a season at AHL level.

I am sorry , but the Habs don't have phenoms like Bogosian, Doughty or Schenn who can jump from junior hockey to NHL.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:29 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post

Speak up people!!
Sergei knows damn well why he was cut. He's out of shape and who knows if he has cleaned up his off ice personal life.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:32 AM
GoodKiwi

AHL is waiting for him.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Holy Puck
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why must all threads be threadjack into a Sergei Kostitsyn thread. Lots of people don't give a **** about him anymore. Let him marinate and lets move on.
Because despite his diva attitude, he's clearly the top 6 piece we are lacking atm? Pac and d'Ago aren't ready and Lats isn't top 6 material. we could also argue that Pleks is closer to being a 2b/2c center too

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Holy Puck
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Sergei knows damn well why he was cut. He's out of shape and who knows if he has cleaned up his off ice personal life.
The thing is, he got sent down after having a great game. They should have done it after a bad game at least

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Pacioretty still needs time in the minors. Send down Stewart as well, he's a liability. Bring up Desharnais and maybe give Sergei one last shot to showcase himself.
Desharmais' an interesting idea, but can he or Pleks play wing? God, imagine Desharmais between Gionta and Camalleri. Smallest line in modern NHL history?

Sergei really picked the exact right moment to pull a prima donna hissy fit, eh? Did himself a world of good.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Habs

I find that Pacioretty doesn't do himself any favors. He doesn't shoot enough, and hasn't demonstrated great passing skills. Other than his foot speed, I haven't seem him doing the little things all that often.

Maybe Martin should give him a few more chances on the PP to show what he can do?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:03 PM
TankEller*

I've been repeating it like a broken record since the middle of the training camp, but apparently some thought I was just crazy...

You can't develop a 22nd overall pick the same way you're doing with a top-5 pick. The way it goes, Pacioretty will never learn to be anything more than a third liner. He needs development in the AHL, asap.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Capitano

He had one pretty decent shift that I can remember, otherwise he was not visible, but then again it was hard to find any bright spots on offense last night.

We left a spot in the top 6 open for a youngster to step in, and none of our boys realize the opportunity, either that or they are not good enough. Or maybe a little of column A and a little of column B.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I was hoping he'd go to Hamilton as I do fear we have been rushing our prospects and I'd rather take a safer approach, but I'm not worried about Pacioretty right now despite him not looking good at all, he is said to be injured and this is after having a major injury last season. I don't know what they will do with him, but his future is still bright. It's just too bad we are so thin of fowards with size and skill.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:41 PM
greyboy67

Let Sergei prove himself. Cut a deal where he reports to Hamilton for one week then returns to a Top-6 role.

I like Max-Pac but he's not ready yet. Believe me, you bring SK74 back, he's going to be EXTREMELY motivated.

The rest of you can whine about Sergei's attitude. I want the Montreal Canadiens to win games.

greyboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
The Habs are making the same mistake with MaxPax that they made with Lats. Pacioretty should be in the A.

As for Sergei - forget it - even if he crawled on hands bended knees over broken glass begging to go to the A - Gainey will not take him back. It's a lose lose situation. Bob & Martin have made their pronouncem,ents and Sergei has made his. There's no going back in this situation.
I don't believe that's true.

After he refused to report and asked for a trade, Gainey said flat out that for now there is no market and he still hoped Kostitsyn would change his mind and go the AHL.

So, if he calms down and reports - doubtful - I am sure he'll be accepted down there.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:14 PM
smon

He's been rushed to the NHL for no apparent reason, hasn't even played a full season in the AHL. I think the guy actually needs to bulk up a bit if he's going to be a power forward. 196 lbs isn't going to cut it to throw big hits at the NHL level.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote