HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei K

Old
10-04-2009, 10:04 AM
ChickenHabsFan

vCash: 500
Andrei K

What is the problem with Andrei? Since he got hit last season vs Phoenix he has not been the same player. Before his concussion he was physical and creative with the puck. He is probably our best sniper after Gionta. We all know Andrei has huge potential...heck he was selected before a player named Getzlaf. Now is the time for him to show up! Andrei if you read this (wich probably isnt the case), WAKE UP man you can be a factor on the ice. In the game vs the Leafs I can understand your poor play...almost everyone played crappy...but start using your body like you did in the beginning of last season. You have everything to prove, use your speed and start crashing the net.

Andrei is no Ovechkin, but he should start playing with the same Enthusiasm. Hockey is 50% about mental, what is stopping him from starting to be more dominant?

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
couris

He seems like he never touches the puck

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

He's never been really good... that's the point, he's only liked on hfboards.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
shutehinside

He just looks uninvolved and it kills me to say that becasue Brunet says it 59378283658368 times a game. He needs to find the confidence and passion that his game is based on. Once he gets that back he could do some serious damage as he does posses the skill set to be a tp scorer in the league, just not the mental fortitude.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:19 AM
habsrock76

He's got all the talent in the world and the ability to dominate games, unfortunately he either doesnt realize it or he lacks the will to do so.

This is the worst hockey I've seen him play, uninspired and no heart. Perhaps he's looking to get traded with his brother.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:21 AM
x-bob

He is much better then what he has shown in his first two games of the season. I have never seen him play this way in previous years. He is fanning on his shots, his passes are soft and he seems to be uninterested. He needs to simplify his game and just get some shots on net.

x-bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
He's never been really good... that's the point, he's only liked on hfboards.
Well, this is quite wrong.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
shutehinside

Do you think Gainey has had a conversation with him asking if he'd like to be traded with his brother?

I think it's a conversation Gainey needs to have with him considering S. Kosty's demands and the way A. Kosty is playing. After all the distractions last year and the housecleaning that went on, I think it's patently clear that Gainy will NOT allow distractions to plague the team this year.

To be honest, as much talent as I think A. Kosty has, I don't think he has the apprpriate mental fortitude to deliver. You can't teach that, you have it or you don't. For that reason I'd hate to see him traded but if we could get a quality winger in return I'd be fine with it.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

He doesn't want to be involved and he's lazy.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
zurg999

Yeah, Andrei's had quite a season. 0 goals/ 0 assists in 82 games is terrible. Not what we expected at all, expecially since we all had reasonable expectations and allowed him that 20 game settling in period with the new teammates and system. Can't understand how he was drafted over players like Getzlaf, blah, blah, blah.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:44 AM
coolasprICE

AK's Problems:

- He tries to be Kovalchuck

When he has the puck, he skates with his head down in a straight line
- He's going to get crushed one day (ie: against Bouwmeester or Phaneuf on tuesday)

His timing is completely off
-did you see him fanning on a shot and then wiping out last night? .. This is NHL, shameful.

He makes the wrong decision in the offensive zone
-shots get blocked, passes are uncontrollable and often inaccurate

So, what's a guy like this doing in the NHL?

- he is strong
- he's got a great shot
- he's a goal scorer

How do we get him to produce?

- do not allow him to move the puck up because he'll lose it
- do not let him be the play maker, cuz he can't
- TURN HIM INTO A SNIPER (ie: he needs to find his spots on the ice and be ready for a shot... we need Gomez or whomever to get the pass on his blade)

He can score 30 I believe - but he has to play like a sniper without talent... Don't make him into more than that - he doesn't have the hockey IQ (or any for that matter)

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Roots73

I cringe every time I see him handle (and eventually lose) the puck. Why they tried putting him on the 1st line is beyond me. I saw the preseason game in Ottawa and he looked like an anchor with Camelleri and Gomez. No flow whatsoever.

I keep thinking what might have been if we kept Ryder and what he could do with Gomez and Gionta.

But now we're stuck with the Kosty Bros. and their diva act. Lots of trade value there folks.

Roots73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

He has only 3 points since the February 22nd debacle.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73 View Post
I cringe every time I see him handle (and eventually lose) the puck. Why they tried putting him on the 1st line is beyond me. I saw the preseason game in Ottawa and he looked like an anchor with Camelleri and Gomez. No flow whatsoever.

I keep thinking what might have been if we kept Ryder and what he could do with Gomez and Gionta.

But now we're stuck with the Kosty Bros. and their diva act. Lots of trade value there folks.
Andrei doesn't have an attitude problem.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Roots73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Andrei doesn't have an attitude problem.
Well he plays like a diva.

Roots73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73 View Post

A.k is quite the opposite from s.k in the locker room. Have you notice his reaction with the two overtime win? The team comes first with a.k and I have never notice him being a distraction for the locker room compared to his brother. Having a new coach and a new style I think is what is causing a.k slow start. He will pick up the slack once he gets use to the style and when it is all said in done he will still finish the season with 25 to 30 goals but off course that wont be good enough for the folks u round here because once the fingers start pointing no matter what you do people will still find ways to bash his game even tho he is not are main scoring threat or are main weapon.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Kboum

last two seasons he was slow to start... but he was like one of the best forward in december/january if I remember well.

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:21 AM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboum View Post
last two seasons he was slow to start... but he was like one of the best forward in december/january if I remember well.
He isn't being paid to only play well for 2 months.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Biggsy

I cannot believe we selected him over Getzlaf??

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
AlexD666

Getzlaf??? We select AK over like 10 all star player...

Carter, Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Richards, Perry, Getzlaf, Burns, Eriksson, Weber...

But a draft isn't a exact science, so we can't really bash on draft pick!

AlexD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenHabsFan View Post
What is the problem with Andrei? Since he got hit last season vs Phoenix he has not been the same player. Before his concussion he was physical and creative with the puck. He is probably our best sniper after Gionta. We all know Andrei has huge potential...heck he was selected before a player named Getzlaf. Now is the time for him to show up! Andrei if you read this (wich probably isnt the case), WAKE UP man you can be a factor on the ice. In the game vs the Leafs I can understand your poor play...almost everyone played crappy...but start using your body like you did in the beginning of last season. You have everything to prove, use your speed and start crashing the net.

Andrei is no Ovechkin, but he should start playing with the same Enthusiasm. Hockey is 50% about mental, what is stopping him from starting to be more dominant?
Having being drafted 10th overall in 2003 before Carter, Parise, Getzlaf, Richards, Perry... among many others....

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:14 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
He isn't being paid to only play well for 2 months.
3.5 million... That's a good pay for a couple of months of good hockey !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:34 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
I cannot believe we selected him over Getzlaf??
Well it's a good think we drafted Carey Price and not Benoit Pouliot who went 4th?

I seriously think we should get over 2003...

Andrei has 30 goals in him easy - I really think it's up to JM to get it.

If I were BG & JM, I'd fly SK in and have a meeting with the two brothers.

Get things in order - agree to make-up, start fresh, with expectations on both sides clearly understood (I don't care if SK thinks he should be in the top 6 - I want a player to think that as long as he works for it!).

If SK comes back with a good attitude that can turn out to be a great momentum builder.

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:37 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 1928
Andrei K, hey ? This demeaning way of saying Kostsitsyn is spreading ?

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
PyrettaBlaze

It's as if he doesn't feel like playing anymore... It's sad really, because like his brother, he could be such an incredible player.

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote