HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lisa Loeb? Really?

Old
10-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Why did they sing "God Bless America". . . I wanted to sing the God Damn National ****ing Anthem. .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:13 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Why did they sing "God Bless America". . . I wanted to sing the God Damn National ****ing Anthem. .
Hey, they had to keep it on budget, you think those castle doors were free that the Kings passed through? I was waiting for Freddy Kreuger and Jason to come out.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Those doors were on par with the star the Stars skate through and the Shark mouth the Sharks skate through.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Shootmaster_44

It could be worse. At least they didn't have punk rock bagpipers and Cirque du Soleil like the Oilers did last night. Now that was a weird pregame thing for a hockey game.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Yes, I blame the abismal start on Lisa Loeb too. She was bad. My wife even said so, and I think she has one of her albums.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
mysteryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I remember when Gretzky came back to the Forum as a Ranger they got REO Speedwagon to sing the anthem. The crowd went nuts whey they announced it. As far as Lisa Loeb, look, this is LA. You have your pick of anybody you want to get out there. Lisa Loeb had a couple of hit songs 15 years ago. Get somebody bigger. I'd rather they put Ron Artest out there. Tuesday I heard they got Gerardo.
Gretzky singing would have been an improvement.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Flyers did that in the playoffs. They had a video of her singing and as usual they won.

Kings should have Dread Zeppelin
http://www.vimeo.com/5386458
Yes!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
While you were posting this, I was actually looking her up myself. Can't say I've heard any of her songs. No bells rung.

I like her even less now.

That "Stay" video makes me want to pour scolding butter down her throat.

As I said at the end of her 'performance' last night, who the **** nominated her for a grammy?
I'm intrigued by the idea that there's a dairy product out there that tells you you've been bad & shame on you.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
I'm intrigued by the idea that there's a dairy product out there that tells you you've been bad & shame on you.
Oh noes! Sybil has gone spelling Nazi on us too

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Another great call by the elite group of team historians and pre-game entertainment gurus assembled by the LA Kings!
This is not a knock at you personally but this thread is just proof that Kings fans always need something to complain about. Does it really matter if Roseanne Barr or one of the Three Tenors is singing the national anthem? It is just an excercise in nationalism and I really don't see the relevance to singing the national anthem before a sporting event in the first place. Is there a reason to rally around the flag before a bunch of millionaires play a kids game in front of a few thousand people?

Quote:
I don't know if Kings PR people read this site but I suggest looking into a guy on the East Coast named Sour Shoes, guy is a musical genius.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
And when MTV was good.
Umm when exactly was that?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Hells Bells maybe.........this is similar to the crap my 10 yr old listens to on am disney
1) How do you have a ten year old and not know who Lisa Loeb is? Odds are you were probably something like twenty to twenty five years old when she was famous. Assuming you had your kid in your mid to late twenties, which, I suppose, is probably assuming too much.

2) That's a good point you make about her and am Disney. That stupid "I Miss You" song was so big in the nineties, but it really does sound like that Disney bubble gum crap of today, in retrospect. I guess there really is something to be said for timing.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:40 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Hey, they had to keep it on budget, you think those castle doors were free that the Kings passed through? I was waiting for Freddy Kreuger and Jason to come out.
They had castle doors? That's cool, I like the Shark and Star in San Jose and Dallas... Does anyone have pictures or video's of this (KingsVision maybe)? Was it only for that game or will they do it more often?

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Who was the guy they got with that badass opera voice? I love it when he does the anthem at Kings games.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Davis Gaines? The guy who looks like one of the characters from Team America?

Old
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
This is not a knock at you personally but this thread is just proof that Kings fans always need something to complain about. Does it really matter if Roseanne Barr or one of the Three Tenors is singing the national anthem? It is just an excercise in nationalism and I really don't see the relevance to singing the national anthem before a sporting event in the first place. Is there a reason to rally around the flag before a bunch of millionaires play a kids game in front of a few thousand people?

Awesome!

i think it has more to do with professionalism. i personally like to enjoy the national anthem and i think it's something to be proud of. is it out of place? maybe, but if we're going to do it, let's at least do it right. i'm sure if you've watched a canadian game during the playoffs and to me some of those performances are goosebump inducing. i'd like to think that the kings, in the entertainment capital of the world could at least produce someone to make a more inspiring performance. i agree that it definitely set the tone and sour taste for the game. i'd like to think that a good performance would have a small possibility of firing up both sides of the benches. i realize these are all feeling facts but if i'm an opposing fan or casual on looker i'd expect more from a professional hockey team in the NHL. i'd still be complaining even if we had won that game, it was THAT pathetic.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
not tellin*

Quote:

beavis and butthead as immature and juvenile as it was, provided some pretty good LOLs.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Davis Gaines? The guy who looks like one of the characters from Team America?

Yeah, I think so.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post
i think it has more to do with professionalism. i personally like to enjoy the national anthem and i think it's something to be proud of. is it out of place? maybe, but if we're going to do it, let's at least do it right.
If you are going to do it right, why are we not singing the Canadian National Anthem every game? Most of the NHL teams in the NHL are a majority of Canadian citizens (the Kings appear to be one of the few exceptions). I believe most (if not all) Canadian teams perform both Anthems regardless who is playing. I know in Buffalo they actually do both (I have been to a game there) but I have a feeling that has more to do with their proximity to the Canadian border and the amount of Canadians attending their games than anything else. The majority of US arenas aren't doing both.

The fact that most US arenas currently omit the Canadian anthem unelss a Canadian team is playing is a joke. The NHL is largely made up of Canadians. The Coyotes have 3 friggin Americans on their roster. I'm not sure their bench would've cared if Warren Wiebe or any other person was singing it.

Quote:
beavis and butthead as immature and juvenile as it was, provided some pretty good LOLs.
I love Beavis and Butthead and there have been a few other decent shows over the years (Jackass being one of them) but MTV has never played good music and overall the programming has always been pretty ****** outside of a few shows.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
mbar

I always wondered what happened to Warren Wiebe. So sorry to hear that he passed away over a decade ago.

I loved it when he sang before King's games. It was truely was awe-inspiring.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
If you are going to do it right, why are we not singing the Canadian National Anthem every game? Most of the NHL teams in the NHL are a majority of Canadian citizens (the Kings appear to be one of the few exceptions). I believe most (if not all) Canadian teams perform both Anthems regardless who is playing. I know in Buffalo they actually do both (I have been to a game there) but I have a feeling that has more to do with their proximity to the Canadian border and the amount of Canadians attending their games than anything else. The majority of US arenas aren't doing both.

The fact that most US arenas currently omit the Canadian anthem unelss a Canadian team is playing is a joke. The NHL is largely made up of Canadians. The Coyotes have 3 friggin Americans on their roster. I'm not sure their bench would've cared if Warren Wiebe or any other person was singing it.
i agree, they should.

Quote:
I love Beavis and Butthead and there have been a few other decent shows over the years (Jackass being one of them) but MTV has never played good music and overall the programming has always been pretty ****** outside of a few shows.
you asked when, it's a small sample but good stuff nonetheless.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:

Why not play the Finnish anthem? The Russian anthem?

Old
10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

you asked when, it's a small sample but good stuff nonetheless.
Fair enough.. but it looked like he was referring to musical content which has never been the case in my opinion.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Oh noes! Sybil has gone spelling Nazi on us too
Nope. Just having fun.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Why not play the Finnish anthem? The Russian anthem?
really?

Old
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
really?
A lot of Russian players play in this league. Why can't we honor their country?

It's fine as it is. They play the anthem for the location of the teams, not for the national origins of the players.