HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My take on the Jackets

Old
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
pg59

vCash: 500
My take on the Jackets

Hello everyone...
I am new to this forum. I live in Northern B.C. Canada and although I am Canucks fan (and Habs) I watch all Blue Jackets games. I watched their game last night and have to say that the Jackets look like a team "on the rise". They are young, hungry, and very improved. I think they are the real deal.

I was also impressed by Nash's play. He played excellent in his own end, and made a great play at the end of the game when Minny was pressing.

The Jackets are good team to watch and I will be folowing them very closely this year.

pg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg59 View Post
Hello everyone...
I am new to this forum. I live in Northern B.C. Canada and although I am Canucks fan (and Habs) I watch all Blue Jackets games. I watched their game last night and have to say that the Jackets look like a team "on the rise". They are young, hungry, and very improved. I think they are the real deal.

I was also impressed by Nash's play. He played excellent in his own end, and made a great play at the end of the game when Minny was pressing.

The Jackets are good team to watch and I will be folowing them very closely this year.
Welcome!

I was a Canucks fan for a long time...in fact, my skate logo shirt is in the dryer as we speak.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Jimayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Welcome!

I was a Canucks fan for a long time...in fact, my skate logo shirt is in the dryer as we speak.
Likewise. Although my skate logo jersey went missing years ago.

Jimayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:38 PM
RBarRegular

Thanks for the kind words. Our game with you guys tomorrow night should be a good one. I'm sure the Nucks will come out flying what with their slow start and all.

Nash has been very solid defensively - arguably our best penalty killer? - since Hitch got here.

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:07 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg59 View Post
Hello everyone...

Welcome! That was a good play by Nasher at the end to cut off any possible pass to the front of the net.

There are kinks to work out without a doubt, but for an opening game it was a very intense one. The Wild have a very skilled top line and the rest of the guys work like crazy. I like some of their blueline and their goalie will keep them in every game.

There is a lot to be excited about as a jackets fan. Those crazy Canucks will be fuming and ready to kill on Monday, it is going to be a real eye-opener for our young players. The intensity will be cranked up another notch.

I think Vancouver and St. Louis will be formidable teams in the west this year.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post

I think Vancouver and St. Louis will be formidable teams in the west this year.
Watched both of the Blues' games vs the Wings and they were very good. Will be very hard to play.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:23 AM
bluejacketsbabe161

Send a message via AIM to bluejacketsbabe161 Send a message via Yahoo to bluejacketsbabe161
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Welcome! That was a good play by Nasher at the end to cut off any possible pass to the front of the net.
I definitely agree with that. I was actually really impressed with it. He's really developed into a player who can play well in all situations. Just another reason to love him.

Welcome, pg59! It's definitely nice to have someone north of the border who recognizes that this franchise isn't useless and just a development team for future Leafs.

bluejacketsbabe161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 08:53 AM
pg59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarRegular View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Our game with you guys tomorrow night should be a good one. I'm sure the Nucks will come out flying what with their slow start and all.

Nash has been very solid defensively - arguably our best penalty killer? - since Hitch got here.
Yes, it should be a great game tonight. The Canucks will be hungry, that is for sure, but Jackets always play the Canucks tough.

Nash is a very humble superstar. I like his approach to the game, on and off the ice. He could have gotten more money next year if he took the free agency route, but chose to stay in Columbus. I like his off ice comments and the way he plays on the ice. He is a hard working, honest superstar. The Jacket organization is lucky to have him. Hitch has turned him into a very elite player in both ends of the ice.

pg59 is offline   Reply With Quote