HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who should win the Norris?

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Lobstertainment

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I dare you to keep mentioning McCabe and Norris in the same sentence. I will be right here laughing right at you.
Hi I'm common sense, I don't belive we've met...

Old
04-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
Hi I'm common sense, I don't belive we've met...

Old
04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
I dare you to keep mentioning McCabe and Norris in the same sentence. I will be right here laughing right at you.
Please provide any evidence as to why McCabe doesn't deserve recognition (he obvioiusly does not deserve to win) for the Norris and I will gladly stand by you laughing at the ignorance I had posted of McCabe. However it seems that all but you within this thread have deemed McCabe to have been a top 5/10 defenseman this season. they have backed up their opinions with valid points, you have failed to do so. So please try and at least put up an argument other than "McCabe sucks cuz hes on the Leafs! and leafs fans only think hes good cuz hes on their team." or go back to wherever you came from.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:26 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
"McCabe sucks cuz hes on the Leafs! and leafs fans only think hes good cuz hes on their team."
couldn't have said it better mah brother

Now let's start talking about REAL Norris candidates: Gonchar, Pronger, Lidstrom, Niedermayer. Do you actually believe that your little "bryan" is in the same league as those players. Seriously? That's why you're a leafs fan. It was expected and i don't mind but you could have picked someone better. McCabe? wtf?

Last edited by outKast*: 04-07-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Please provide any evidence as to why McCabe doesn't deserve recognition (he obvioiusly does not deserve to win) for the Norris and I will gladly stand by you laughing at the ignorance I had posted of McCabe. However it seems that all but you within this thread have deemed McCabe to have been a top 5/10 defenseman this season. they have backed up their opinions with valid points, you have failed to do so. So please try and at least put up an argument other than "McCabe sucks cuz hes on the Leafs! and leafs fans only think hes good cuz hes on their team." or go back to wherever you came from.
Loot at his profile. Under "favorite team",it even says "Toronto Maple Leafs"!

anyway,My picks:

Chara
Niedermayer
Pronger
McCabe

Old
04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Lobstertainment

Quote:
Allright when all else fails we resort to Gambling

2:1 odds he's banned by the end of the week

10:1 odds by midnight

GO BOYS GO!

P.S. Where's Leaf Defender?

Old
04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:

Now let's start talking about REAL Norris candidates: Gonchar, Pronger, Lidstrom, Niedermayer. Do you actually believe that your little "bryan" is in the same league as those players. Seriously? That's why you're a leafs fan. It was expected and i don't mind but you could have picked someone better. McCabe? wtf?
Gonchar is in no way deserving of Norris consideration, his defenseive game fall far short of Norris worthy. McCabe has been a rock defensively this year, is one of the premier hitting defensemen in the league, is tied for third in defenseman points, goals and is fifth in assists, and has put up these numbers in a season limited to 75 games due to a broken bone in the first few weeks of the season. He has been consistent all season long and has been given consideration by most media personalities, writers and hockey fans.

Last edited by Verbal Kint*: 04-07-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:40 PM
outKast*

Hey man i did not attack you guys in any way nor did i say anything sexual or obscene. I'm trying to cram into your closed minded leaf heads that McCabe is not an elite defender yet. He is not in the league of the four i mentioned. Man i'm just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Last edited by outKast*: 04-07-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
Loot at his profile. Under "favorite team",it even says "Toronto Maple Leafs"!

anyway,My picks:

Chara
Niedermayer
Pronger
McCabe
I noticed that too, seems extremely odd. With Red Horner's recent positive postings I'm wondering if he and outKast swapped souls or something?

Old
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Hey man i did not attack you guys in any or did i say anything sexual or obscene. I'm trying to cram into your closed minded leaf heads that McCabe is not an elite defender yet. He is not in the league of the four i mentioned. Now you're trying to get me banned because i disagree with you? talk about a crybaby. Man i'm just saying what everyone else is thinking.
Firstly you have attacked Leafs fans in general with your "there's a reason Leafs fans are hated," comments. Not worthy of a ban by itself but continued behaviour such as this demands reprocussions. Secondly I'd like to know how you have obtained the powers to know what everyone else is thinking, because from the look of this thread, everyone including those who do not proudly support the blue and white, disagree with you.

Edit: In particular Darth Milbury and Drake1508 have both stated that McCabe is worthy of recognition, niether are Leafs fans.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Firstly you have attacked Leafs fans in general with your "there's a reason Leafs fans are hated," comments. Not worthy of a ban by itself but continued behaviour such as this demands reprocussions. Secondly I'd like to know how you have obtained the powers to know what everyone else is thinking, because from the look of this thread, everyone including those who do not proudly support the blue and white, disagree with you.
Both you and Outkast need to take a deep breath before this thread is closed

Old
04-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Lobstertainment

Outkast when you joined Recnetly you had to agree to some rules one such was

Quote:
f) Posting (aka trolling) for the specific purpose of inflaming other users will result in loss of posting priviledges.
I'm not trying to get you banned your doing a good enough job for the both of us.

McCabe has a +/- up there with those you posted.

He's in the top 3 for Goals and Assists

why ISN'T he at least a Possible candidate then? because he's a Leaf and Leaf fans are hated? as you said on page 1.

Please adhear to the rules and have a civil conversation as others asked you to and whom you ignored.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Both you and Outkast need to take a deep breath before this thread is closed
I didn't realize I was saying anything inflamatory (asides from the ass comment which I shall be deleting shortly). I've tried to lay out my argument for why McCabe should be considered while he has responded by attacking fans of the team I support.

Edit: Deleted the small group commment as well should that have been crossing the line.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
I didn't realize I was saying anything inflamatory (asides from the ass comment which I shall be deleting shortly). I've tried to lay out my argument for why McCabe should be considered while he has responded by attacking fans of the team I support.
You aren't saying anything inflammatory,but this thread is heading in the wrong direction

Let's get back to the subject of Norris Candidates.................

Old
04-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Lobstertainment

Quote:
nahh man. It's just he's a leaf. As long as he's a leaf he won't get the respect that he should. Oh well, Maple leaf fans did this to themselves. They're hated for a reason.
Isn't trolling?

I'd beg to differ, what other prupose would that have other then to incite flames from Leaf Fans? if it was ment to be a friendly "Howdy" it failed miserably.

anyways back to the Norris

PRONGER!

Old
04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
outKast*

you can't try to get me banned because we have opposite POV on a player you obiously care passionately about. I seroiusly think you're going out on a limb saying that McCabe deserves any recognition. Take my point of view or leave it. You and your little friends just have accept the fact that other hockey fans who watch other teams other than the Leafs see that there are other good players. Come on say Gonchar with me. GGGOONCHAR. He plays for the Bruins. You should see him play.

Last edited by outKast*: 04-07-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Final warning!

Any more post in this thread not relating to the Norris and it will be closed

Get back to the subject

Old
04-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM

PRONGER!
Pronger had a nice comeback season, I think he will be a finalist

Old
04-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Lobstertainment

I think Pronger will win it, MacInnis and Jackman were lost to Injury all year and Pronger has been solid for the Blues.

14 Goals
40 Assists
54 Points

he is a -1 which is the only stat hurting him but that doesn't do Pronger Justice.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:27 PM
ATG

Quote:
you can't try to get me banned because we have opposite POV on a player you obiously care passionately about. I seroiusly think you're going out on a limb saying that McCabe deserves any recognition. Take my point of view or leave it. You and your little friends just have accept the fact that other hockey fans who watch other teams other than the Leafs see that there are other good players. Come on say Gonchar with me. GGGOONCHAR. He plays for the Bruins. You should see him play.
Ya hmm,I would say something but I don't want to be the one responsible for closing the thread

Old
04-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Raging Bull

Winner: Neidermayer

Runners Up: Chara
McCabe

Old
04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Considering those "other hockey fans" didn't think highly enough of him to even vote him into the All-Star game, I highly doubt he'll win the award for best defenseman.

Niedermayer will win it.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
streetballer03

now seriously, can we have a NON leafs fan please give some recognition to McCabe. I just don't get how you can blame outKast for disagreeing with you. McCabe is a good defenseman but not in the same league as Niedermayer, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Jovanovski, Hatcher, Pronger. There are just about 10 guys who deserve a lot more recognition than him.

My pick for Norris: Niedermayer by a hair over Pronger. and Niedermayer over McCabe by the distance between the Milkyway and Andromeda galaxies.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:56 PM
streetballer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Considering those "other hockey fans" didn't think highly enough of him to even vote him into the All-Star game, I highly doubt he'll win the award for best defenseman.

Niedermayer will win it.
that exactly what outKast was trying to point out but these guy just don't stop to listen.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
that exactly what outKast was trying to point out but these guy just don't stop to listen.
I think he was pointing out that Gonchar, the guy outKast was focussing on didn't make it. And I agree, McCabe overall isn't better than most of the guys you mentioned, but has been a much better defenseman this season then them. The Norris is for one season. Obviously I wouldn't pick McCabe over Lidstrom, but I do think that McCabe had the better season, and is therefore higher on the Norris list.

Edit: McCabe is also believed to have turned down an invitation after Stevens got injured. He was on the list of defenseman as a replacement but was never officially named to the team.

Closed Thread