HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mario Lemieux!!

Old
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
moonknight31

vCash: 500
happy bday mario

moonknight31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:32 AM
SomeDude

I barely remember seeing Mario pre-first retirement (I was 3 and 4 when the Pens won their first Cups), but I'll never forget the first Pens game I attended in 03 when he made a pass from his blueline and flipped it up in the air and landed on Morozov's stick right at the other blue line, my jaw dropped.

Happy birthday, big guy.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
FDBluth

Yeah, I don't really remember watching Mario pre-retirement. I remember that he was by far my favourite player, but I don't really remember actually watching him, which kinda sucks. And then when he came back from his first retirement I was living in Australia, and this was before the youtube and ustream days. But he's still my favourite player by far.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:49 AM
vcx*

I remember when Mario was asked about how he knew a player was right there for the pass, he said something like "by the sound of his skates"....like seriously? Dude is an Alien.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
FDBluth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRast View Post
I remember when Mario was asked about how he knew a player was right there for the pass, he said something like "by the sound of his skates"....like seriously? Dude is an Alien.
Yeah...could you imagine playing hockey just for one day in his shoes (skates)? Wouldn't that be incredible?

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:53 AM
PJT

Send a message via AIM to PJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLahey89 View Post
It's my birthday too. I can't believe I share it with two legends like them. Who cares about Roy right now though? Happy birthday Mario!
My birthday too! Happy birthday to us. Too bad none of Mario's skills rubbed off on me...

Favorite Mario memories: being at all those games where he'd take over in the 90s. I remember him scoring 5 goals 2 assists against Wayne Gretzky on the Blues, I think in 96, being at that game and just knowing he was the greatest. I was there for his last pre-retirement game at the Igloo, there for when his jersey went up to the rafters the first time, there when it came back down again... there for his last point ever scored with a sad Pittsburgh squad. Man, I still want to see 66 back out on the ice, I'll hold onto the dream till he's dead.

PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

I only remember my oldest niece's birthday because it's the day after Mario Lemieux's. I don't even know the birthdays of my other nieces/nephews. One of them was born in February....

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline   Reply With Quote