HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leave Chechmanek alone...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 05:46 AM
  #1
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Leave Chechmanek alone...

First, of all I know I'm going to be bashed for this. Second, I am a supporter of his game.

I wont be dissapointed if Chechmanek is our # 1 goalie next year. He's under contract so, theres a solid chance he will be back. I dont know how many games he missed because of injury but he didn't play a full season. He missed a lot of games. We new what we were getting. If he played a full year and sucked I wouldn't want him hear, but he showed flashes of greatness. I think if he has a full season he can show LA, why we traded for him. he put up numbers in Philly...he can do it here. If, a better goalie is aquired ofcourse, that would be great, but he's proven to be a top 5 goalie in this league.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 11:41 AM
  #2
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
i'd take huet over cechmanek anyday. IMO, the games should be 60/40 in Huet's favor. NOTHING cechmanek did this year justified him getting more games then huet except the fact that he has a fatter contract.

If we can trade cechmanek for a 3rd, i'll be jumping for joy.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
  #3
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I agree, and I think Cechmanek should be our #1 Goalie. If you look at the games he's played, he really stole us points that we never should have had. Who played the majority of the games that mattered down the stretch? HUET. And I think we can all agree, he didnt get the job done. Well, neither did Roman, but he certainly played better. He made two amazing saves against San Jose, before that horrific comeback, but then for some reason we thought it was OK to not play down-low coverage.

He had a 2.51 GAA, with 5 SO to go along with that. He played in 45 games this year, so he was out due to injury for 37 I believe. If you go through his games before his injury he played very well.
MINS W L T GA GAA SOG SV SV% SO
Numbers for October 385:41 3 4 0 17 2.64 168 151 .880 1
SO: Philadelphia Flyers (TOP Team in the East)

MINS W L T GA GAA SOG SV SV& SO
Numbers for November 729:13 7 4 1 24 1.97 288 264 .667 2
SO: Nashville Predators (Who we were fighting for a playoff spot with) Tampa Bay Lightning (1st in the East)

MINS W L T GA GAA sog SV SV% SO
Numbers for December 241:26 2 2 0 11 2.73 92 81 .933 1
His GAA isn't that great here, but we still come away with 2 victories, and one of the losses we came away with a point.

SO - Dallas Stars (At the time we were battling with them)

January: He finishes with a 2.14 GAA, with Shutouts against Nashville once again. So we are now halfway through the season, and at this point I believe Cristobal Huet is getting the majority of the games am I correct? Because.. AM is holding him accountable? Or Cechmanek isn't apart of his plans?

February: He gets to play limited games gets shelled by Buffalo, which was why is GAA is high in this month, but still Huet plays the majority of these games.

March: He plays 4 games, loses them all, but at this point the Kings dont care. Yes, the Kings didn't care this is completely true, I dont fault Cechmanek for February, and March, when your players dont come to play.

April: Last game of the season plays great. Kings dont want to play any down low coverage, they bang two home, lose in OT, good night now LA.

My point: Cechmanek had a great 3/4 of the season until he wasn't a part of AM's plans anymore.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
  #4
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
I agree, and I think Cechmanek should be our #1 Goalie. If you look at the games he's played, he really stole us points that we never should have had.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA... haha .... hehe ........ aaah, that was funny....


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!! !!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Who played the majority of the games that mattered down the stretch? HUET. And I think we can all agree, he didnt get the job done. Well, neither did Roman, but he certainly played better.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *ouch ouch* my stomach hurts!!! AHAHAHAHAH

you are the FIRST person to use statistics to backup Cechmanek. If anything, statistics backup huet more then anything, but i'm not going to go into nitty gritty statistics battle on this. Fact is, cechmanek sucked and blew it here. It took a long time for AM to finally see it, but thank goodness he finally let go of his stubborn 80/20 starter/backup split ideas.

Cechmanek is one of the worst goalies i've ever seen in my life. His sole strengths rely on his size and ability to take up the net. I'm not the only one who's said this, there have been many legitamit analyzers who say the same damn thing. it's absurd and ridiculous to defend him in anyway

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:12 PM
  #5
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
"Cechmanek is one of the worst goalies i've ever seen in my life. His sole strengths rely on his size and ability to take up the net. I'm not the only one who's said this, there have been many legitamit analyzers who say the same damn thing. it's absurd and ridiculous to defend him in anyway[/QUOTE]"

I dont care, I'm not stupid, I know he has a unorthodox style, I don't give a ***** what legitamite analyzers say, I just know that he can stop the puck. He put up some numbers in his carreer and right now he's our best goalie.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:52 PM
  #6
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
put up some career numbers? wasn't he like 24th out of 30th in sv% and 26th out of 30th in GAA out of the starters?? (someone check up on that for me)

and wat are you goign to say? "oh, the defense sucked in front of him!" well, if that is so, then why does huet have both higher GAA and sv%? there have been no excuses for a $3 mil goalie to play like he did this year. He's let in so many goals in the last minute that it drives me crazy how many games we've lost because of him. Oh, and the coaches happen to agree with me on this too, just like the cammy issue. I can't even believe you're trying to defend this sack of manure.

Remember the Iginla Calgary goal? I will never let that game go... ever.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
  #7
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
put up some career numbers? wasn't he like 24th out of 30th in sv% and 26th out of 30th in GAA out of the starters?? (someone check up on that for me)

and wat are you goign to say? "oh, the defense sucked in front of him!" well, if that is so, then why does huet have both higher GAA and sv%? there have been no excuses for a $3 mil goalie to play like he did this year. He's let in so many goals in the last minute that it drives me crazy how many games we've lost because of him. Oh, and the coaches happen to agree with me on this too, just like the cammy issue. I can't even believe you're trying to defend this sack of manure.

Remember the Iginla Calgary goal? I will never let that game go... ever.
Hellooo didnt Chechmanek play in Philly??? By career I meant in Philly...a career doesn't only mean his last season.

Like I said he didn't play a full season, if he did who knows what his numbers would be.

The coaches lost control of this team. I am a supporter of AM, but he lost control of this team. Yes, congrats since the coach agrees with you then your right and were wrong...the coach doesnt make mistakes.

Yes, I rememeber the Iginla goal...that was one of the games he sucked ...but doesnt every goalie have a bad game?

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:28 PM
  #8
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
Remember the Iginla Calgary goal? I will never let that game go... ever.
Hm, I didn't hear the New Jersey Devil's fans b**ch like this when Marty Brodeur let that soft goal in the Cup Final. Goalies are going to let in soft goals sometimes. I think you were expecting Patrick Roy out of Roman or something.

I dont know maybe you watched the last 11 games of the season. The ones I saw Huet play in he let in some very soft goals. The one game Cechmanek played bad in was San Jose at home when he was rusty.

And yes Roman did steal points. Maybe you didnt read my original post "purple dinosaur." He shutout two top teams from the east, Nashville twice whom we were fighting for a playoff spot, and Dallas the same situation. In New Jersey Roman stole us a point. Roman had bad games there's no doubt about it. But fact is Roman plays better in bigger games.

One big game Huet played great in was the 2-0 shutout against Colorado. What did he do the next game? Gets lit up by New Jersey 4-0. Im not taking anything away from Huet, he's a "serviceable" goaltender. I just dont think he is as good as Cechmanek. Here's a stretch of games Cristobal played in.

12/18 PHO T 4-4 (OT)
12/20 COL T 3-3 (OT)
12/22 @VAN T 4-4 (OT)
12/26 @SAN L 5-0
12/27 SAN T 4-4 (OT)
12/30 NYR L 3-2 (OT)

Granted these are all OT ties or losses. 3 goals + is alot to give up in a hockey game. Thats 23 GA, in 6 games. Thats quite a bit my friend.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:52 PM
  #9
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,193
vCash: 500
lets get rid of him now, instead of waiting for the inevitable
Cechmanek sucks.......play Huet or grab someone who can actually make adifference on this team!

maybe we can use Carter as trade bait

kingbrath is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 01:04 AM
  #10
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
lol, did u even watch that NJ Devils game? "lit up"??? Huet made some stellar saves in that game and let in i think ONE questionable goal. The rest were legit as he were left hanging out to dry. Not to mention, I think there was a portion of the season where Huet was in where the defense would let liek 2-3 breakaways a game. The defense was horrendous and an absolute joke, which was during our second longest losing streak of the year in Decemberish.

you know, honestly, i'm tired of arguing and had this been any other day, I would have argued ug uys this to the bone, but i'm not. if you guys chose to play the blind man just becuase he got top 3 stats in philly, by all means, do it. IMO, huet has a small chance of ever being a full time starter in this league, but he has outplayed cechmanek BY FAR. if it weren't for him, we woulda dropped many many games. This too was acknowledged by AM and many other players on the team.

lol, just thinking about it... i can't even believe you don't acknowledge that his philly stats were attributed to PHILLY DEFENSE. how else do you explain the drop and the inflation of Hackett's numbers??? do you think he was even near those numbers even in the beginning of the year before those injuries??? HELL NO, he still sucked. anyways, i'm not in the mood to argue. Just thinking about cechmanek makes me want to diarrhea. if you guys want to live in the past, go ahead. i choose to look at how he does with our team.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 01:12 AM
  #11
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
lol, did u even watch that NJ Devils game? "lit up"??? Huet made some stellar saves in that game and let in i think ONE questionable goal. The rest were legit as he were left hanging out to dry. Not to mention, I think there was a portion of the season where Huet was in where the defense would let liek 2-3 breakaways a game. The defense was horrendous and an absolute joke, which was during our second longest losing streak of the year in Decemberish.

you know, honestly, i'm tired of arguing and had this been any other day, I would have argued ug uys this to the bone, but i'm not. if you guys chose to play the blind man just becuase he got top 3 stats in philly, by all means, do it. IMO, huet has a small chance of ever being a full time starter in this league, but he has outplayed cechmanek BY FAR. if it weren't for him, we woulda dropped many many games. This too was acknowledged by AM and many other players on the team.

lol, just thinking about it... i can't even believe you don't acknowledge that his philly stats were attributed to PHILLY DEFENSE. how else do you explain the drop and the inflation of Hackett's numbers??? do you think he was even near those numbers even in the beginning of the year before those injuries??? HELL NO, he still sucked. anyways, i'm not in the mood to argue. Just thinking about cechmanek makes me want to diarrhea. if you guys want to live in the past, go ahead. i choose to look at how he does with our team.
He played in 45 games, thats why I'm living in the past.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 01:32 AM
  #12
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
lol, just thinking about it... i can't even believe you don't acknowledge that his philly stats were attributed to PHILLY DEFENSE. how else do you explain the drop and the inflation of Hackett's numbers??? do you think he was even near those numbers even in the beginning of the year before those injuries??? HELL NO, he still sucked. anyways, i'm not in the mood to argue. Just thinking about cechmanek makes me want to diarrhea. if you guys want to live in the past, go ahead. i choose to look at how he does with our team.
Ok, Im guessing the Kings defense was the best defense in the league when Cechmanek played?

But whatever I mean I guess there's nothing I can do to make you change your opinion, you ever read who Huet actually gets his wins against? I mean 7 of his 10 wins were against non-playoff teams, and 2 of his wins were against Nashville, who Cechmanek SHUT OUT. Twice! Huet was also winless in 13 games. Also one of Huet's wins was against Pittsburgh. I could play in net, and beat Pittsburgh. So honestly, I dont see how you can assume that Huet is better Cechmanek. Seriously, it baffles me. And by the way for that New Jersey game, I was there, so I have an idea on what Im talking about here.

One bad season, and suddenly 3 consecutive GREAT seasons with Philadephlia are forgotten.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 02:03 AM
  #13
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
One bad season, and suddenly 3 consecutive GREAT seasons with Philadephlia are forgotten.
how much do you want to bet that he will not be able to revitalize his philly numbers next year? In fact, I would be surprised if he hit top 10 numbers out of starters.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 02:57 AM
  #14
The VEGASKING
#1 fan
 
The VEGASKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how much do you want to bet that he will not be able to revitalize his philly numbers next year? In fact, I would be surprised if he hit top 10 numbers out of starters.


Would you expect Brodeur's numbers to be as good as they are now if he were traded to Pittsburgh? No goalies numbers will be as good in LA as they are in Philly because they dont play the same defensive style nor have the horses Philly has. You are comparing apples to oranges.


Cechmanek's and Huet's GA and sv% numbers are almost the same but Cechmanek leads in one very important category, WINS. There's obviously some intangible Roman has that despite having slightly worse stats he won a considerable more amount of games. He only played in 7 more games yet won 18 games to Huet's 10.



Anyone that thinks Huet will ever be a legit #1 starter for the LA Kings is kidding themselves. Cechmanek will never lead them to the promised land either but if it's a choice between those two I'm starting Cechmanek.

The VEGASKING is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 03:31 AM
  #15
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Good post VEGASKING.

Thats basically what I am trying to prove here. But I do believe that Cechmanek will return to his Philadelphia form. I mean just imagine if we had those extra points during that stretch of 13 games Huet played. We'd be in the playoffs right now. Cechmanek wouldn't have WON every one of those games, but pretty close to it. Cechmanek is the man for the job. Just like title, give him another chance, and leave him alone.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 03:48 AM
  #16
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Personally............I wouldn't mind seeing him gone. He's a headcase, and he needs a major attitude adjustment. Obviously it won't happen at his age, but just stop the puck and shut up. I hope he can prove us wrong next year......but....
A.) He needs to lose weight.
B.) He came to LA with a fresh start and a change of scenery. He failed......no biggy, but he better redeem himself next year....and early!
C.) Stop worrying about the D, and the refs and concentrate on his own game.


Cecho can't change his style, but he needs to control his aggressiveness on the ice. He also needs to stay within his game and do the basic things, because he handles the puck for sh*te!.................I guess what i'm trying to say is someone HELP US in the goaltending dept!

Huet, who I like cannot take the number one role. He's proven that he can only back up at this point. Although I felt a lot better when he was in nets.


Jeremy Roenick was RIGHT! Cecho is good for 20/30 games and than he's DONE! Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy if we go into post-season next year. He can deject a team all by himself!

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 04:16 AM
  #17
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
...he needs a major attitude adjustment. Obviously it won't happen at his age, but just stop the puck and shut up. I hope he can prove us wrong next year......but....
A.) He needs to lose weight.
...
C.) Stop worrying about the D, and the refs and concentrate on his own game.
..

Cecho can't change his style, but he needs to control his aggressiveness on the ice. He also needs to stay within his game and do the basic things, because he handles the puck for sh*te!.................I guess what i'm trying to say is someone HELP US in the goaltending dept!
i think you're definitely closing in on what cechmanek needs to do to be successful - that is, take things a little more seriously, work on his focus especially early in the season and early in games, show up to camp READY to play (and minus about 15 pounds), and just overall approach the game with more intensity. that's why, in restrospect, i like the idea of murray playing huet in some games down the stretch - hopefully it will show roman that he can, in fact, lose his job. if he can come back next year and win his job back and stop taking things for granted, then outstanding. if not and he continues to be a headcase, oh well, that's his last year on the contract. i have no problem with him coming back next year. its not like his play is the missing link between us and lord stanley.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
  #18
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
Would you expect Brodeur's numbers to be as good as they are now if he were traded to Pittsburgh? No goalies numbers will be as good in LA as they are in Philly because they dont play the same defensive style nor have the horses Philly has. You are comparing apples to oranges.

can you name me one verifiably good/great goalie who was traded to a bad team and had as significant a drop in sv% and GAA as Cechmanek? A goalie who has dominated the top three stats for three years and then dropped to below 25th in the league.

Also, please keep in mind the team was 15th in least GA the previous year and then dropped to 21st once the acquisition of the new goalie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
Cechmanek's and Huet's GA and sv% numbers are almost the same but Cechmanek leads in one very important category, WINS. There's obviously some intangible Roman has that despite having slightly worse stats he won a considerable more amount of games. He only played in 7 more games yet won 18 games to Huet's 10.
beginning the year, AM was very stubborn on the 80:20 split between starter/backup goalie and gave Cechmanek near all the games, whether struggling or not. Believing cech was like Potvin, he played him through good and bad in hopes of "riding him out".

Now, I hope you remember, but we started off the season very well and acquired 14 wins out of our 28 wins in only a total of 27 games by December 8th. Even though we were getting hit by injuries, the affects of it weren't showing and at this point, people were calling us the surprise of the year and wondering if we were capable of holding this up throughout the year. Once the injury bug started hitting hard and caught up to us, we slumped and basically relied on ties to get our points.

So, IMO, he got the majority of his wins by playing most when the team was strong. By our first 27 games, we already acquired half our seasonal wins and he played 23 out of 27 of them. It wasn't until watching Cechmanek play throughout the whole year did AM finally relent and let the best goalie play instead of sticking to the "starter/backup" split that he always does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
Anyone that thinks Huet will ever be a legit #1 starter for the LA Kings is kidding themselves. Cechmanek will never lead them to the promised land either but if it's a choice between those two I'm starting Cechmanek.
who's saying he will be a legit #1 starter? i mentioned he had a slim chance, but he himself has to up it two notches. Did he do excellent this year? no way. But did he beat out cechmanek, absolutely. Cechmanek stunk so bad that AM had to get rid of his primary goalie split in fear of losing anymore needless games.

It stinks that we dont have two good goalies, but we were supposed to have at least one... and that guy dropped the ball.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:54 AM
  #19
The VEGASKING
#1 fan
 
The VEGASKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
can you name me one verifiably good/great goalie who was traded to a bad team and had as significant a drop in sv% and GAA as Cechmanek? A goalie who has dominated the top three stats for three years and then dropped to below 25th in the league.

Ed Belfour comes to mind. Roman Turek had similar numbers to Cechmanek in Dallas and St. Louis and went up half a goal a game in Calgary. Dafoe from Boston to Atlanta, Dunham had good numbers in Nashville. Belfour is the only good/great goalie but I and most other people didnt ever consider Cechmanek a great goalie in Philly.


The Kings dont play a system designed for their goalie to keep their GAA at or under 2. You werent expecting him to win 40 games and have a GAA of 1.90 on this team did you? That is some very delusional thinking if you were.

The VEGASKING is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 10:14 AM
  #20
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,345
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
The Kings dont play a system designed for their goalie to keep their GAA at or under 2.
Of course they don't. Jaroslav Modry is on it

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:04 PM
  #21
Skebo
Registered User
 
Skebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pissin' in the Pond
Country: United States
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
From what I saw throughout the season, the goalie wasn't anywhere near the biggest problem on the ice. I would say that 98% percent of the time losses were caused by the anemic offense and PP and serious breakdowns in the defensive zone.
The Kings could have had Roy and Brodeur as a goalie tandem and they still would have missed the playoffs with the way their special teams played this year. It was extremely painful to watch the Kings on the PP this year, to the point where I wished there was a way to decline the man advantage.
So, you can go back and forth on how good or bad the goaltending was this year, but I think it matters not. You can go out and acquire Khabibulin, Kolzig or whomever and it wonít matter if the team plays like a bunch of pansies in front of them next year.

Cechmanek isnít the best goalie in the league, but he is a better than average #1 and heís an upgrade when compared to the Kings recent "#1" goalies.

Skebo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.