HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets at Canucks | 10/5 10PM EDT | All Out, All Game

Old
10-05-2009, 12:21 PM
61ncville

vCash: 500
Whats up all. Representing tonight from work. Hopefully we will close the course down quick enough that I can get what i need to done and then head home to watch the game. Circleville will be rocking as usuall, I am trying to turn my little small town into a hockey town!!

Cougar and CBJ1628 Whats up!! Saw pieces of the game sat night. Dam proud of our boys. Lets do this tonight.

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
I really want to win this game tonight. I have a feeling that the Nucks' backs are up against the wall and they are going to push back. This one has chippy written all over it. Keep your heads up and lets get some points!

Kesler/Umberger fight?

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
61ncville

I just hope no one(dare i say) gets hurt in this one. And our team ends up looking like my fantasy football roster. haha

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Kid_Roll

Fantasy question here! I ask here because convienatly my home team plays yours tonight so I can ask this question in this thread....

Derrek Brassard? Is he looking like he will stick on the top line? Does he look like he will have a good season?

A small league I am in has Tavares available, and I have Brassard, just wondering if I should give into the JT hype, or stick with Brassard to see if he can pile up some assists playing with Nash.

Thanks for any help!

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
He will def stick on the top line.

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
mokkan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
Fantasy question here! I ask here because convienatly my home team plays yours tonight so I can ask this question in this thread....

Derrek Brassard? Is he looking like he will stick on the top line? Does he look like he will have a good season?

A small league I am in has Tavares available, and I have Brassard, just wondering if I should give into the JT hype, or stick with Brassard to see if he can pile up some assists playing with Nash.

Thanks for any help!
Keep him; he's stuck on the top line with Nash and Juice and should rack up a ton of G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, and FOW.

mokkan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Seriously

I'm nervous about tonight's game. I think that the Canucks are going to hungry after starting 0-2.

Seriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

^ Agree. I have 6 players going in tonights game, 3 on each side.

Im really hoping Klesla keeps it going. I admit, I wasnt the biggest fan of Klesla but he has seemed to turn the corner.

Also, it wont show up in the box score but liked the way Methot helped out on the shorty, Torres is my boy bc he is the definition of All Out, All Game and what is up with Commie? He gets pulled out of lineup last second on Sat and now is out tonight too?? Did his groin flair up again? If so, can we send a drunk blonde from the bar to go take care of it.

GO JACKETS! Let make Van City 0-3!

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I'm all out.

maybe I should put some pants on.
Skraut youre a man among boys. Your one liners are priceless. Btw, still rockin' that Ladies and Gentleman video.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Kid_Roll

Torres will score a goal tonight, guaranteed. He will then mouth some obscenities whilst fist pumping.

Though to be fair, when he always scored against us in the past, Cloutier was in net.....still.....badb memories.....

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
Hey guys, for fantasy purposes is Filatov going to play a lot this year or what's happening with him?

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
RickS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Vancouver: beautiful city, but full of ****** bags. Went there over the summer and I can honestly say I didn't meet too many good people there. In honor of this, Columbus represents, and kicks the **** out of Van city.

3-1

(hyperbole..the people can't be THAT bad...can they?)
I was there last year and met lots of very nice people. Of course, most were bartenders, but still....

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hey guys, for fantasy purposes is Filatov going to play a lot this year or what's happening with him?
8-10 minutes a game. You may have those rare games where he plays more but expect 8-10 almost every night.

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
He won't play at all for fantasy purposes. Believe me, I sent some ideas to Hitch about my team and Little Niki and I haven't heard back.

Just messin'.

The team has a need for scoring, so he will skate on the second line with Vermette and Voracek when the game situation dictates. He will also see some PP time. And, when the game situation dictates, he will skate on the fourth line. It's not a fixed situation.

Old
10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Good luck tonight. I'll watch this game because tonight we'll see what the Jackets are really made of this season.

Wasn't too impressed with the home opener, but a win is a win

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
I'm nervous about tonight's game. I think that the Canucks are going to hungry after starting 0-2.
Are you serious?

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
I was there last year and met lots of very nice people. Of course, most were bartenders, but still....
TBH the only nice people I met were employees of places I went to. I'm underage (in BC it's 19, I'm 18) but they would still let me have a cold one, so that was pretty nice. But the average Joe was a total tool more often than not. Lovely architecture though.

Ludicrous Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Brassard Calder

Looks like were trotting out the same linuep as Saturday night.

No Dorsett

I'll be DVR'ing the game so I can watch it in its entirety after the MNF game.

Jackets win 2-1 goals from Nash and Torres.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
LaCosta Nostra

A very lite GDT. I have no idea what is going to happen. I just wish it was in HD.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
A very lite GDT. I have no idea what is going to happen. I just wish it was in HD.
I wish it was in HD to. Just got a new 50" and I want to watch some hockey in HD on it.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

The hungrier the Nucks get the more desperate they get, So look for them to be chippy and make alot of mistakes.

Jackets win 3-1 with goals from Umberger,Torres, and Brassard

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Skraut

Some pre game comments from the nucks...

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-bard-of-avon/

Quote:
Out in Vancouver, the players are similarly not pushing the red button. “If you look at the Calgary game, we played pretty good the last 40 minutes,” said Daniel Sedin (quote by Jim Jamieson in The Province). “And in Colorado, we took a few bad penalties, made a few mistakes but it cost us the game. We just need to straighten those things out and we’ll be fine.”

However, the Vancouver fans and even the news media, well, that’s another story. Jamieson says tonight’s Canucks-Blue Jackets game — with only 80 games remaining — is “a must win.”

Asked on Montreal’s Team 990 “Morning Show” if the fans in Vancouver were sweating because of the team’s start, TSN’s Bob McKenzie said, “They not sweating because they’ve all killed themselves.”

Mac said, the callers to the radio phone in shows in Vancouver were screaming for Coach Alain Vigneault’s head after the first game, saying the team wasn’t prepared (and Vigneault was just rewarded for last season’s showing with a three-year contract).

And you can read the comments at the bottom of Jamieson’s story, among others, and see the fans not only questioning Vigneault, but also G.M. Mike Gillis, star goalie and captain Roberto Luongo and the whole team, about whom one commenter wrote, “The only 2 relevant reasons why a team loses is the other team played like winners and the losers played like losers….True winners do not need psych assessments and endless parsed evaluations of their play. Pete Rose , Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and Bobby Orr were already unstoppable winners with entrenched winning attitudes and hardy work ethics long before they turned pro.”

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Is Filatov on the 2nd line tonight or the 4th?? I haven't seen any lineups posted, other than the ones just guessing it's the same as Saturday's.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1250
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
I think the players are disappointed in how long it took for this GDT to be created. Over 10.5 hours?

Their disappointment translates to a 6-1 drubbing and for the first time in the history of team sports, the fans are rightfully blamed for a loss.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Are you serious?
Sometimes

I am thinking the 'Nucks will come out hard and pile on the shots. Hopefully Mase will be able to turn them away.

Seriously is offline   Reply With Quote