HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roadrunners clinch a playoff spot!

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Roadrunners clinch a playoff spot!

With a loss by St. John's, the Toronto Roadrunners have now clinched a playoff spot regardless of how they do tonight against Rochester (they're currently losing 3-2 in the third period). Congrats to our young guys for a fantastic first season in Toronto!

Old
04-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Oilers Hockey

What a great success story....I remember looking at the AHL standings and thinking the Runners weren't going anywhere, then they go on a hot streak near the end. Sound familiar?

Old
04-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
then they go on a hot streak near the end.
Great run, except for the past two weeks... they've limped into the playoffs going 1-5-0 in their last six games going into tonight's game.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Yeah, it's been tough to watch lately.

They were really clicking and all of a sudden the goaltending went, the 2nd-4th liners haven't produced like they were.

Hopefully, it's a quick little lull by a young team. I'm trying to figure out when playoff tickets are on sale, but so far no luck.

Old
04-08-2004, 05:08 AM
Yanner39

Anybody know how th esupport has been in TO? For the games I've watched on TV, it look empty. The last game I saw vs. St-John's, the whole crowd seem to be cheering for the baby leafs. It's obvious why but in general, support for the runners doesn't seem all that great.

Old
04-08-2004, 08:10 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Anybody know how th esupport has been in TO? For the games I've watched on TV, it look empty. The last game I saw vs. St-John's, the whole crowd seem to be cheering for the baby leafs. It's obvious why but in general, support for the runners doesn't seem all that great.
They are averaging about 4000/game.

They usually draw around 8 in baby leaf games, and the lowest I have seen is 2800.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:47 AM
LeafsGirl

I think maybe a few yrs or maybe even next yr the crowd will be bigger..they'll learn to appreciate the team more....and what i notice...is that the crowd usually sits on the camera side...like the side where the penaltybox is at

Old
04-08-2004, 09:52 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGirl
I think maybe a few yrs or maybe even next yr the crowd will be bigger..they'll learn to appreciate the team more....and what i notice...is that the crowd usually sits on the camera side...like the side where the penaltybox is at
Yeah, they don't do a very good job of distributing the tickets. My section is usually completely bare (in the bottom corner opposite the players benches in the roadrunners end.

There's been times where there's been no one within 40 feet of us, and other times where our whole row is filled but below and behind us is empty.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:01 AM
LeafsGirl

Yah i know eh?...cause i want seats that are behind the players bench...and @ the box office they're like 'oh its all sold out' lol riight..and i see all these empty seats...one day im gona either get tixs behind the players bench or during game sneak to those seats and sit there! lol

Closed Thread