HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2 things I would do

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
BigM1ke

vCash: 500
2 things I would do

1- Quintal OUT for Komo. I'm sorry but I can't stand Quintal any longer.... Each time he has the puck, I'm freaked out!! He can't handle it and always loses it! That stupid penalty he took in the 2nd was just too much! Quintal is there for is experience in playoffs and his leadership and he gets caught in a stupid trick like this!! Awful. I prefer to see Komo makes some mistakes than Quintal and his bad plays and penalties.

2- Give a real try to Kovalev on the first line and put Bulis on the 3rd with Dowd. Kovy won't score playing on a line with Perreault as a forward and Dowd or Juneau as a center.

I'm not ranting btw! Just some suggestions!

Old
04-07-2004, 09:19 PM
MattyP626

Does anyone not agree with number 2 ?

Old
MattyP626

Whoops double post

Last edited by MattyP626: 04-07-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
1- Quintal OUT for Komo. I'm sorry but I can't stand Quintal any longer.... Each time he has the puck, I'm freaked out!! He can't handle it and always loses it! That stupid penalty he took in the 2nd was just too much! Quintal is there for is experience in playoffs and his leadership and he gets caught in a stupid trick like this!! Awful. I prefer to see Komo makes some mistakes than Quintal and his bad plays and penalties.

2- Give a real try to Kovalev on the first line and put Bulis on the 3rd with Dowd. Kovy won't score playing on a line with Perreault as a forward and Dowd or Juneau as a center.

You dont realize it, but its ranting

Old
04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyP626
Does anyone not agree with number 2 ?
ME (extreme sarcasm)

Old
04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Totally agree, get Komisarek back with Souray so we have a presence on the D line and I would love to see Begin reunited with Dowd and Ward, put Perreault with Koivu and Zednik or in the press box, put Kovalev back with Ryder and Ribs and put Bulis with Juneau and Sundstrum/Langdon.

That way with those lines we have two scoring line a gritty line and a checking line. Those lines worked best together this season, get back to what got you here is my opinion.

Kommy's size is sorely need on the blueline bigtime though.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
bacon & eggs

Quote:

Quintal can be useful in small doses, get Bouillion out of there! Koivu's line needs icetime to be productive. So does Rib's line. Juneau brings absloutely no offence to this team. Passive hockey will not get this team anywhere, they need to be aggressive and use their speed to force the Bruins crappy d. The chances will come. How did Raycroft get first star? 31 saves from dump ins? Only in Boston.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
I think we should try to put Kovalev with Sunny just to see how they would play,they already played together In Ny and they played pretty well

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Sundstrom-Begin-Kovalev
Bulis-Dowd-Langdon

I know alot of poster here think Perreault Is useless but I think he will score goals If you place him In Koivu line,as for Bulis I know somw of you will disagree with me for placing him on the 4 but I think he Is at Is best when he Is playing In a defensive line.I think we need Langdon In the lineup because Begin don't seem so comfortable to hit the opponent maybe he Is still Injured..tought

Old
04-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Boardish

Quote:

I agree. Quintal isn't able to skate anymore, it's sad because he has ''experience''. For Kovalev on the first, totally agree.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
I think we should try to put Kovalev with Sunny just to see how they would play,they already played together In Ny and they played pretty well

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Sundstrom-Begin-Kovalev
Bulis-Dowd-Langdon

I know alot of poster here think Perreault Is useless but I think he will score goals If you place him In Koivu line,as for Bulis I know somw of you will disagree with me for placing him on the 4 but I think he Is at Is best when he Is playing In a defensive line.I think we need Langdon In the lineup because Begin don't seem so comfortable to hit the opponent maybe he Is still Injured..tought
Kovalev cant be on the third.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Legend06

Jus posted pretty much the same sentiments out there Quintal is brutal as a d-man, put Komi in........Kovalev and Bulis both are ineffective on there present lines....mix it up...........

Old
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:

I know alot of poster here think Perreault Is useless but I think he will score goals If you place him In Koivu line
I agree, Perreault isn't a 3rd or 4th liner. The number one faceoff man in the league should be top 2 at least.

Kovalev....God this guy is driving me nuts. If he ever scores, I'll probably never jump higher out of my chair.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Kovalev cant be on the third.

I know I would love to put Kovy on the 1 or 2 line but he showed nothing with the Koivu and Ribeiro line.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Mooch

Quote:
I know I would love to put Kovy on the 1 or 2 line but he showed nothing with the Koivu and Ribeiro line.
He didnt play there long enough. You cant expect the man to click after one game. Plus this was right when he arived on the team, and was still learning the system.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Totally agree, get Komisarek back with Souray so we have a presence on the D line and I would love to see Begin reunited with Dowd and Ward, put Perreault with Koivu and Zednik or in the press box, put Kovalev back with Ryder and Ribs and put Bulis with Juneau and Sundstrum/Langdon.

That way with those lines we have two scoring line a gritty line and a checking line. Those lines worked best together this season, get back to what got you here is my opinion.

Kommy's size is sorely need on the blueline bigtime though.
Did you see what happened the last time Kovalev was with those 2? I wouldn't say that line was at all successful.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
He didnt play there long enough. You cant expect the man to click after one game. Plus this was right when he arived on the team, and was still learning the system.

I know,I was not expecting Kovy to fit In the system after 1 game,But I think now would be a great time to start produce some goals and help the Habs kick some ass

Old
04-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Mooch

Quote:
I know,I was not expecting Kovy to fit In the system after 1 game,But I think now would be a great time to start produce some goals and help the Habs kick some ass
Now tha i can agree with!

Old
04-07-2004, 09:57 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
Did you see what happened the last time Kovalev was with those 2? I wouldn't say that line was at all successful.
He hasn't been successful anywhere as of yet, but he looked best with them over any other lines he has played on.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
He hasn't been successful anywhere as of yet, but he looked best with them over any other lines he has played on.
Maybe, but when that line has played so much better without him? In fact, I'd even say that the Dags-Ribs-Ryder line was the best line tonight, as well as the last few games of the season.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Maybe, but when that line has played so much better without him? In fact, I'd even say that the Dags-Ribs-Ryder line was the best line tonight, as well as the last few games of the season.
if we lose again on friday, what would it hurt to sit kovalev, perrault, quintal etc(guys that wont be around after the lockout) and call up talent from hamilton?

Old
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I totally agree with you there, if anything the Ribs - Ryder duo and whoever is ridding shotgun on the wing is the unofficial 1st line in many teams minds. Consistancy from Dagenais and using his size on the boards or in front of the net would make that line that much more effective.

Closed Thread