HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring Back Our Best PowerPlay Unit

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Bring Back Our Best PowerPlay Unit

Please could someone tell CJ to bring back our first power play unit together and to let them play for 1:30.

I want Ryder-Ribero-Zednick and Koivu-Souray.

Angry fan

Old
04-07-2004, 08:47 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Please could someone tell CJ to bring back our first power play unit together and to let them play for 1:30.

Angry fan
i agree with the fact that we got to use only 1 PP unit, instead if always switching after 1 minute.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Traitor8

Kovalev should be on the PP. If this guy gets going, it's horrific for the other team.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I say bring back the effort

Old
04-07-2004, 09:02 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I say bring back the effort
yup thats what its all about if we dont show more effort our team is toast

Old
04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Kovalev should be on the PP. If this guy gets going, it's horrific for the other team.
He's had enough time. We can't afford to wait for him to decide to want to play. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! BENCH THE BUM!

Old
04-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
He's had enough time. We can't afford to wait for him to decide to want to play. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! BENCH THE BUM!
Ya Ok

Seems like Kovalev has become the next target after Breezy for habs fans.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Ya Ok

Seems like Kovalev has become the next target after Breezy for habs fans.
Hey, I've waited a long time to get his game together. He continually gets stripped of the puck and refuses to get it in deep on the powerplay, and he takes penalties on the PP to boot! Add to the fact that he is a complete liability when he's at even striength, why not bench him? If he was any other player, he would be riding the pine a long time ago. This is not the Kovalev of a couple years ago. I don't know where he went, but he certanly hasn't played for the habs.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Hey, I've waited a long time to get his game together. He continually gets stripped of the puck and refuses to get it in deep on the powerplay, and he takes penalties on the PP to boot! Add to the fact that he is a complete liability when he's at even striength, why not bench him? If he was any other player, he would be riding the pine a long time ago. This is not the Kovalev of a couple years ago. I don't know where he went, but he certanly hasn't played for the habs.
Is Kovalev playing where he belongs? Kovalev looked frustrated tonight and tried to do it him self many times.

If he gets put on the top line, he will be better. Atleast Koivu and zednik can take a pass or pass it too him.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Is Kovalev playing where he belongs? Kovalev looked frustrated tonight and tried to do it him self many times.

If he gets put on the top line, he will be better. Atleast Koivu and zednik can take a pass or pass it too him.
He's been there, and looked terrible. He managed to put Ribs and Ryder into a slump; one that could only be solved by inserting Daganais in his place. He's also played with Koivu, and they looked so bad that I wouldn't be surpprized if Saku asked CJ to take him off his line.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Mooch

Quote:
He's been there, and looked terrible. He managed to put Ribs and Ryder into a slump; one that could only be solved by inserting Daganais in his place. He's also played with Koivu, and they looked so bad that I wouldn't be surpprized if Saku asked CJ to take him off his line.
Ya he played one game with Koivu, im sure they built some great chemistry.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Ya he played one game with Koivu, im sure they built some great chemistry.
Well, he hasn't built anything close to chemistry with anyone on this team. Is this the best time to try?

Old
04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Well, he hasn't built anything close to chemistry with anyone on this team. Is this the best time to try?
Yes.

How can a offensive player build chemistry with a chalenged offensive player and a defensive player. You have to remember when Kovalev was put on the top two lines, he was still learning the system. He played on the Koivu line in his second or third game, where he had no idea of the system we play.

Look if he isnt producing on the fourth or third, i say put him on the top two, doesnt it make sense too try atleast?

Old
04-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Yes.

How can a offensive player build chemistry with a chalenged offensive player and a defensive player. You have to remember when Kovalev was put on the top two lines, he was still learning the system. He played on the Koivu line in his second or third game, where he had no idea of the system we play.

Look if he isnt producing on the fourth or third, i say put him on the top two, doesnt it make sense too try atleast?
Not in the playoffs.

If the team is worse for a the next few games while Kovalev tries to adjust to Koivu and Zednik, it is not worth it. There will be no more games for this experiment to bear fruit.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:17 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe

Angry fan
Agreed, but also bring back what got you here...the speed, the trap and the heart.

We haven't been the same since the clinching night against the B's a couple of weeks ago, CJ and BG have to light a fire under this team and have to do it fast.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Boardish

Quote:
IMO. That's funny. Now you're completly blaming for Ribeiro & Ryder slump, for Koivu & Zednik slump... and maybe for the lack of effort made my the team? Yeah. COME ON!

Last edited by Boardish: 04-07-2004 at 10:48 PM.
Closed Thread