HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Hurricanes vs Lightning

Old
10-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Well... I was pretty nervous that my GDT mojo was going to let me down, but I am still unbeaten!!! I had a grand time at the game and was tickled I got to go at the last minute.

Agree that Smith is a moron. He played very well at times but he over plays the puck so much and yet continues to try. We could have easily had a couple of goals off of his dumb plays tonight.

I thought the refs did a very poor job tonight. When Ward gets run over when there is no other Canes player close it's all fine and dandy. When LaRose gets shoved into Smith by a Bolts player it is a terribly naughty thing to do and we give Chad a penalty. Someone besides the players are needing some improvement to their games...

Joni is a beast and made the PP look like something to our advantage. Not sure what's up with that? Also agree that Conboy was impressive on the ice. Made some great plays and put some much needed energy into the fourth line...

Let's hope that the win will give our boys some confidence they can build on and keep improving their game...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
caniacgirl12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Sooooo basically, this means we are slightly better than another team that was 0-2? Says great things about the season ahead.

10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
In overall, Tampa was a better team tonight.
They had better puck possession and controlled stretches of the game.
I'm with Dale...I thought Tampa looked awful. Their defenders were horrible.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Joni looked good tonight until he got stiff and had to leave the game. It's evident that he is, by far, our best defenseman. We need McBain to live up to the hype because there's no way Pitkanen can get it done on his own back there when Corvo leaves. Alberts had a strong game as well, this signing is winning me over this season, not that I didn't like it in the first place.
Its amazing what a difference him being in the line up makes. The transition seemed much more cleaner. And that pass to Jokinen was a thing of beauty. No one on this team can even come close to making that pass.

I'm really liking Alberts. Now if only his play could rub off on Wallin. I almost want to see Harrison in place of Wallin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Cullen had his best game of the season so far out there. Same with the 4th line, I think Conboy may have injected a dose of "what the **** are you loafing around for?" out there and they nearly potted their first of the season.
Cullen was excellent last night. Whatever he had for his pre-game meal he should eat it before every game. Like Forslund said, we need Cullen to be that #2 guy behind Staal if this team is to succeed.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I'm with Dale...I thought Tampa looked awful. Their defenders were horrible.
I didn't say Tampa was good. I said it was better than us stretches of the game.

And if their defenders were horrible it only proves that our forwards were even worse.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

Conboy brought it to the rink last night too. I was indifferent about him being in the lineup, but he does make a difference.

Carolina's record when Conboy is in the lineup: 32-9-7

Ridiculous

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 12:23 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
if their defenders were horrible it only proves that our forwards were even worse.
I thought Carolina's defense was very good, their offense was very average, Tampa's offense was below average, their defense was horrible, and the goaltenders were good. Just because Carolina failed to capitalize on the many mistakes that Tampa committed, that doesn't dictate that they were a worse team last night.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaberlay View Post
Carolina's record when Conboy is in the lineup: 32-9-7

Ridiculous
That's actually insane. And it's not like we have that good fourth liners anyway.

On another note, why are there no highlights of the game up on nhl.com? They usually have em, even if the game isn't televised.

daikan is offline   Reply With Quote