HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn getting good reviews in Hamilton

Old
10-10-2009, 12:00 PM
shortcat1

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn getting good reviews in Hamilton

Matthias Brunet, in an article in cyberpresse.ca, writes about the reception of SKost by the Bulldogs coach Guy Boucher and his assistants.

Brunet recounts that Boucher's approach to the younger of the two brothers is one that opens dialogue and keeps this conversation going fluidly. He also states that Boucher has given SKost a written description of what he needs to do so as to get back in the NHL

More encouraging is the fact that it looks like our young prospect is receiving all of this with his head up and positively.

Also, Boucher told Brunet that it's not in the Canadiens plan to lose Kostitsyn. They (through Boucher) see him in the same group (as valuable) as Subban & Maxwell.

For me this is all very uplifting. I have always hoped that this young talent could be brought back into the fold as a valuable contributor. He is a talented player and to lose him as we did others would be most discouraging.

Go Boucher! Go SK! Go Canadiens!

For those who can read French:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...m_medium=email

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I don't want us to give up on him, i think he still has second line winger written all over him ! He is a fiesty little bugger !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I don't beleive him Sergei must be a punk with a bad attitude
Boucher<Hf Boards poster

Boucher

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
chris96

great news! Cant coach talent, but you can definitely help motivate and help change attitude!

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I hope he does turn it around and realize that he has a great opportunity with the Habs and it's up to him not to blow it. Looks like they have someone who will make him work properly and prosper.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:10 PM
FerrisRox

I really do hope he improves his game - and attitude - dramatically in Hamilton. It's the only way the organization can make a decent trade when they ship him out of town.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I really do hope he improves his game - and attitude - dramatically in Hamilton. It's the only way the organization can make a decent trade when they ship him out of town.

You>Boucher

Old
10-10-2009, 12:11 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I don't beleive him Sergei must be a punk with a bad attitude
Boucher<Hf Boards poster

Boucher
Just because you act like a punk doesn't mean you're a bad kid and can't mature

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
You're right I really hope he learns it's a team sport and learns to play well. And I really hope his brother wakes up this way Plekanec can have 2 good wingers on his line

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
CanadienErrant*

I just hope they gonna take the TIME to fix him properly.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I never said Sergei was a punk, it's just funny to see people jump to conclusion in his case. Boucher only had good word for him so far.

If the organisition lose Sergei it will be a huge mistake but I don't think Martin and Bob will act like overreacting fans

Old
10-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Erika

Seriously,

Is this Guy Boucher any good or what ?! Yes, a Psychology degre will make you that !!

With the way he speaks and the way he approachs things there's no doubt that this guy will be a great great coach in the NHL. Boucher is very methodic and it reflects how powerful a bachelor degree is. Everything seems so smooth with him. This guy has a brain that's for sure, unlike some Ex-hockey player that becomes coach... Like someone we all know that got shown the door recently.

He knows what he's doing and how to do it.

It's easy to see why Boucher got chosen for the Bulldogs head coach job instead of the two other candidates. IMO, it wasn't even close !!

I'm pretty sure that he destroyed the competition by a wide margin.

Overall, Bachelor degree + anything = Great !!

It's a lesson for the people who planned on giving up on education and instead will go and try to find a job at 8-14$ per hour for the rest of you're life...

As for Sergei, I still hope the Habs trade him as soon as possible so he can flourish elsewhere. Martin and Gainey doesn't seems to have high hopes for Sergei.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Seriously,

Is this Guy Boucher is good or what ?! Yes, a Psychology degre will make you that !!

With the way he speaks and the way he approachs things there's no doubt that this guy will be a great great coach in the NHL. Boucher is very methodic and it reflects how powerful a bachelor degree be. Everything seems so smooth with him. This guy has a brain that's for sure, unlike some Ex-hockey player that becomes coach... Like someone we all know that got shown the door recently.

It's easy to see why Boucher got chosen for the Bulldogs head coach job instead of the two other candidates. IMO, it wasn't even close !!

It's a lesson for the people who planned on giving up on education and instead will go and try to find a job at 8-14$ per hour for the rest of you're life...

As for Sergei, I still hope the Habs trade him as soon as possible so he can flourish elsewhere. Martin and Gainey doesn't seems to have high hopes for Sergei.

He won't flourish ANYWHERE with the attitude he had so far. And The habs organization knew very well what they were doing by sending him down to Hamilton. They will fix him, or he will rotten in the AHL or KHL for the rest of his playing carreer.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Writing the stuff down is ****ing genius...I hope Sergei changes his attitude towards his career and becomes the player he's supposed to be.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:22 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Seriously,

Is this Guy Boucher any good or what ?! Yes, a Psychology degre will make you that !!

With the way he speaks and the way he approachs things there's no doubt that this guy will be a great great coach in the NHL. Boucher is very methodic and it reflects how powerful a bachelor degree is. Everything seems so smooth with him. This guy has a brain that's for sure, unlike some Ex-hockey player that becomes coach... Like someone we all know that got shown the door recently.

Who are you and what have you done with Erika

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:24 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
Matthias Brunet, in an article in cyberpresse.ca, writes about the reception of SKost by the Bulldogs coach Guy Boucher and his assistants.

Brunet recounts that Boucher's approach to the younger of the two brothers is one that opens dialogue and keeps this conversation going fluidly. He also states that Boucher has given SKost a written description of what he needs to do so as to get back in the NHL

More encouraging is the fact that it looks like our young prospect is receiving all of this with his head up and positively.

Also, Boucher told Brunet that it's not in the Canadiens plan to lose Kostitsyn. They (through Boucher) see him in the same group (as valuable) as Subban & Maxwell.

For me this is all very uplifting. I have always hoped that this young talent could be brought back into the fold as a valuable contributor. He is a talented player and to lose him as we did others would be most discouraging.

Go Boucher! Go SK! Go Canadiens!

For those who can read French:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...m_medium=email
I'd lose to see that list

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I'd lose to see that list
Here's what I found.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SK's list.jpg‎ (20.9 KB, 125 views)

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
With the way he speaks and the way he approachs things there's no doubt that this guy will be a great great coach in the NHL. Boucher is very methodic and it reflects how powerful a bachelor degree be. Everything seems so smooth with him. This guy has a brain that's for sure, unlike some Ex-hockey player that becomes coach... Like someone we all know that got shown the door recently.
He has a masters degree in Psychology, studied Arts/Engineering at the Bachelor level. I really like the way he coaches, he knows how to effectively communicate with his players and bring out the best out of every single one of them. No doubt that his studies have helped him develop that ability. At the university level, they really emphasize on the importance of communication, as miscommunication is often the cause of many problems. In a team setting, everyone player is unique and has a different way of seeing and doing things. As the leader or coach, you have to show them that you understand them first in order to gain their respect and make them listen to you. You then have to clearly let them know what your expectations are and define the role you want them to play. Guy Boucher demonstrates that perfectly.

By the way, nice article by Matthias Brunet. It took someone like him to finally bring up an article that shows another side of the one-sided picture that most medias portrayed.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Kostitsyn didn't look very good in his first game, wonder what Boucher thinks of his play from last night. Hope he can get him going for whatever his future is as he's highly skilled just needs to get back on track.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Here's what I found.
I lol'ed

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 12:59 PM
habspinner

I love Guy Boucher's approach, but all this seems very convenient if you want my opinion. Boucher seems to have a mandate to make it look like Sergei is just misunderstood, and he's working really hard...blah, blah, blah.

I would like to think that's not the case, but I don't understand how a player can look very engaged in the team, and then turn around to a journalist and say I'm not here for long I'm getting traded in a couple of weeks. Something just doesn't fit in all of this

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I love Guy Boucher's approach, but all this seems very convenient if you want my opinion. Boucher seems to have a mandate to make it look like Sergei is just misunderstood, and he's working really hard...blah, blah, blah.

I would like to think that's not the case, but I don't understand how a player can look very engaged in the team, and then turn around to a journalist and say I'm not here for long I'm getting traded in a couple of weeks. Something just doesn't fit in all of this
Yes, because God knows Sergei was never criticized..He was always protected, especially during the Mob War.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Here's what I found.
Haha....loved it. Very funny.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Nice, get him going, raise his value and trade him.

TBH, I don't care if he's dealt, or not, he,s still a ******.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:59 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Seriously,

A bachelor degree is'nt much!

Not everyone is meant for school, people brains are wired and work differently.

You can get a very good paying job without a degree, it is more about are driven you are in life, what you ambitions are or people you know.
Firefighters and police officers make very good money, actually they make more then teacher who have a bachelor degree and a extra year of practicum.

I believe that people should follow their dreams rather then go to school to be a doctor just for the prestige it brings $$$

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote