HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Done Deal,Bergeron is a HAB,RDS

Old
10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznrx8 View Post
He is pretty nice of those vids and he does have a great shot but after watching this lol I can understand why no one signed him

Brilliant

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Habs

Why don't you homers wait till he plays 20 games before writing him off?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:04 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

does he go right to PP1?

what about Weber...

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
does he go right to PP1?

what about Weber...
He goes to Hamilton for a conditioning stint, then he comes up and see where he goes.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
does he go right to PP1?

what about Weber...
I assume Weber is in tonight, we'll see about the next game

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
HabsMarc

At 750k, I just don't understand why some people still complain about that move! If MAB underperforms, it won't be big deal, because of his salary. I still think he can be an offensive reliability on the PP.

HabsMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsMarc View Post
At 750k, I just don't understand why some people still complain about that move! If MAB underperforms, it won't be big deal, because of his salary. I still think he can be an offensive reliability on the PP.
My concern is not the salary but more the spot that he might take from a Weber or Subban or even Carle

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
tiredman

I don't understand why some people are so unhappy with this move. We needed help on the PP with the absence of Markov. The guy is good for that. He'll help us a lot.

Also, let's admit he sucks defensively... is he worse than Brisebois was least season ? wasn't Souray pretty bad too when he was with our team ? As for Streit ?

The guy will have limited ice time. He will get most of his ice time from the PP and when we need a goal (at the end of games we are about to lose for example). For sure he will get some ice time on 5v5... but I'm pretty sure Martin knows his weaknesses, will know how to use him properly and with the adequate partner.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
My concern is not the salary but more the spot that he might take from a Weber or Subban or even Carle
He's not taking Weber's slot, he's protecting Weber's development by not having the NHL club suddenly relying on him to carry the power play, or succeed 5 on 5. Montreal is INTENSE, the crowd turns on you and, given our recent experiments with rushing kids, there's good reason to worry about the negative effects of too much too soon (ahemSergeahemGuicough).

One of the good things about this move is it protects Weber's slot in the future. Bringing in someone with more than this year on their contract would be different.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
He's not taking Weber's slot, he's protecting Weber's development by not having the NHL club suddenly relying on him to carry the power play, or succeed 5 on 5. Montreal is INTENSE, the crowd turns on you and, given our recent experiments with rushing kids, there's good reason to worry about the negative effects of too much too soon (ahemSergeahemGuicough).

One of the good things about this move is it protects Weber's slot in the future. Bringing in someone with more than this year on their contract would be different.
What if Weber performs well and MAB is done with his conditionning what do we do? We send Weber down even if he performs ? Because MAB can't replace any other D for a regular shift I know what you mean and at 750k it's a good contract

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Dark4ng3l

Quote:
What if Weber performs well and MAB is done with his conditionning what do we do? We send Weber down even if he performs ? Because MAB can't replace any other D for a regular shift
He'll be the 7th D that we don't have right now untill OB is back.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Stradale

Whats the point of calling up Weber and then sign Bergeron the next day to fill the exact same spot.

I know why our prospects takes so much time to develop, the organisation never believe in them.

Gonchar and Whitney went down for Pittsburgh last season. Pittsburgh didnt do anything but gives Letang and Goglioski a chance to prove themself which they did and they are both regulars in the line up now.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
MXD

I'm just pissed it isn't a 2-way deal.
I don't write him off, but I hope Weber makes such a good job that Bergeron isn't recalled. Weber is clearly more important for our future than Bergeron.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
What if Weber performs well and MAB is done with his conditionning what do we do? We send Weber down even if he performs ? Because MAB can't replace any other D for a regular shift
We can dress 7D unstead of 6. Its not like we have too many useful forwards... MAB at forward >>> D'Agostini I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale
Whats the point of calling up Weber and then sign Bergeron the next day to fill the exact same spot.

I know why our prospects takes so much time to develop, the organisation never believe in them.

Gonchar and Whitney went down for Pittsburgh last season. Pittsburgh didnt do anything but gives Letang and Goglioski a chance to prove themself which they did and they are both regulars in the line up now.
Thats just silly... They sent down young vet Sergei Kostitsyn so rookies Pacioretty and D'Agostini made the lineup. If anything the Habs tend to rush prospects these days.

We need a 7th D, Weber and Bergeron are fighting for the 6th spot and whoever loses ends up not playing often (or playing forward). We can't keep just 6D, its way too risky.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
That is just to funny. Wow!!

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
MathMan

Potentially interesting tidbit: I was curious to see if Puck Prospectus had made a projection for MAB, and they had one in the Wild article:
http://www.puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=277

They project MAB at a 7.6 GVT contribution overall, and 3.4 GVT defensively. :-O To put it into perspective, that puts him between Spacek's 8.6 and Hamrlik's 6.1 (and well, WELL below Markov's 13.0, but well above anyone else). That 3.4 projection compares to Hal Gill's, with all the Habs clustered between 3.2 and 4.5. Near the bottom on the Habs, then, but not bad at all overall.

Take it with a grain of salt (I'm not too sure their projection system is really all that good at factoring out team effects for one thing), but that's an interesting and certainly different perspective on the guy. He can't replace Markov, but he's a useful stopgap who could well turn into an extra weapon when Markov is back. If Bergeron really can provide a contribution at close to that level, the Habs' D suddenly looks quite robust even without Markov. At 750k he has a real chance to be a major steal.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Quote:
Subban isn't ready, not even close and Weber has zero experience. Let them both grow in the AHL where they should be.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilers_smyth_94

Oilers fan here, though I have much respect for the Habs. He played years for Edmonton, and he was far from a fan favourite. He's small, soft and is a turnover machine! The positives for him is his hard slapshot and fast skating. He was a whipping boy for us, and trading him for Grebeshkov was an amazing trade from our point of view. I wish him luck, and I wish you guys luck as well. Losing your top defenseman sucks.

oilers_smyth_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Gary320

Good deal. Has long as he is a 3rd pairing D while on 5/5

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_smyth_94 View Post
Oilers fan here, though I have much respect for the Habs. He played years for Edmonton, and he was far from a fan favourite. He's small, soft and is a turnover machine! The positives for him is his hard slapshot and fast skating. He was a whipping boy for us, and trading him for Grebeshkov was an amazing trade from our point of view. I wish him luck, and I wish you guys luck as well. Losing your top defenseman sucks.
from losing Markov and now getting MAB..................we need all the luck in the world.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Ross MacLochness

That video was disheartening .

I remember seeing him in Hamilton for a couple games years ago and thinking, holy god this guy is brutal.

I'm really not expecting much.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Jsweenie

i'd love to see weber get his chance for a couple weeks. right now Bergeron is in the AHL getting into 'playing shape' so the deal doesn't really have any impact on the team until he is called up. Play Weber and have Bergeron around as some PP insurance incase of injury or if webber drops the soap.

Jsweenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Keane

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
The second coming of Gaston Gingras!
We can only hope!

Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
MTL-rules

Man, it's unbelievable, the guy hasn't played a game in a hab uniform, we didn't have to lose anyone to get him and for less than 750k and people hate him already...

I'm going to say a very cliché sentence, but... only in habsland, right...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:44 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

very good points Stradale....like always.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote