HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Suter #6, Upshall #38, no SHISHKANOV...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 04:36 PM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,846
vCash: 500
Suter #6, Upshall #38, no SHISHKANOV...

Hhhmmm...They seriously don't like our prospects for one reason or another...well forget about it, In Poile We Trust!

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:43 PM
  #2
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Hhhmmm...They seriously don't like our prospects for one reason or another...well forget about it, In Poile We Trust!

who ranked these prospects?

jstreet is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
  #3
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Even though Upshall was doing very well in the minors, Hudler is 13 slots above Upshall. :mad: Some would say well that is because Upshall got hurt this season. Well if that is the case why is Grigorenko ranked 7th. How did Shishkanov, who has proven himself on every level he has played in, not make the list and Higgins and Perezhogin both make the list. Odd that 3 Red Wings are rated above.

tulsytrid1 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:12 PM
  #4
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Even though Upshall was doing very well in the minors, Hudler is 13 slots above Upshall. :mad: Some would say well that is because Upshall got hurt this season. Well if that is the case why is Grigorenko ranked 7th. How did Shishkanov, who has proven himself on every level he has played in, not make the list and Higgins and Perezhogin both make the list. Odd that 3 Red Wings are rated above.
Its not odd. Our writer blows, and we will continue to get little representation on these lists if we can't even rank our own prospects properly

What a shabby list.

Enoch is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
  #5
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Even though Upshall was doing very well in the minors, Hudler is 13 slots above Upshall. :mad: Some would say well that is because Upshall got hurt this season. Well if that is the case why is Grigorenko ranked 7th. How did Shishkanov, who has proven himself on every level he has played in, not make the list and Higgins and Perezhogin both make the list. Odd that 3 Red Wings are rated above.

We got bad ratings because we don't have a representative amongst the writers who create the list. They pool their thoughts together and plug their own prospects and compile a list. Without a voice for the Preds touting their prospects, we are going to suffer.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:24 PM
  #6
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
If I had to list it, I'd say Suter would be #5, Upshall around #15, Shishkanov around #30.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:32 PM
  #7
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
If I had to list it, I'd say Suter would be #5, Upshall around #15, Shishkanov around #30.
I would have Upshall and Shishkanov both ranked in the 30s personally. Scottie has to get on track after his injury.

Enoch is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
  #8
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I would have Upshall and Shishkanov both ranked in the 30s personally. Scottie has to get on track after his injury.
I think, even after his injury, his stock won't fall to the 30's. It isn't supposed to be chronic and it wasn't very serious, so I don't see why he would fall so far.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:52 PM
  #9
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I think, even after his injury, his stock won't fall to the 30's. It isn't supposed to be chronic and it wasn't very serious, so I don't see why he would fall so far.
I see your point, but I never have liked knee injuries *maybe its Pavel Bure's episodes * Maybe the mid 20s would be better?

Enoch is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:20 PM
  #10
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I see your point, but I never have liked knee injuries *maybe its Pavel Bure's episodes * Maybe the mid 20s would be better?
Well, Pitkanen had similar knee troubles while over in Finland and they dimmed no one's thoughts on him.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:50 PM
  #11
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 50
this may be blasphemy...

but I haven't seen anything outstanding out of Upshall since his pro career has started. Everyone speaks so highly of him and I just didn't see it when he was up this year.

Hopefully it will come with experience and I will have to eat my words.

jstreet is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 08:45 AM
  #12
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
but I haven't seen anything outstanding out of Upshall since his pro career has started. Everyone speaks so highly of him and I just didn't see it when he was up this year.

Hopefully it will come with experience and I will have to eat my words.
He has done nothing while in Nashville. But I ask you this, how many rookies have made an impact under Trotz? Now narrow it down to forwards under 20 and you'll have your answer. I think Trotz' system is rather difficult for young forwards to grasp. They aren't used to this level of defensive responsibility. All the good rookies seem to be defenseman. The good rookie forwards are more along the lines of an Adam Hall who had 4 years of college under his belt. The only player Upshall's age that had what I would consider a really good rookie year for Trotz is Erat. Legwand had a similar rookie year, but wasn't anything flashy. Even Erat's rookie year was great only for the fact that he was 7th rounder. Give Upshall time in Milwaukee and then a year or two here and you'll see more.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:46 AM
  #13
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross
 
DontCallPlayersStuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He has done nothing while in Nashville. But I ask you this, how many rookies have made an impact under Trotz? Now narrow it down to forwards under 20 and you'll have your answer. I think Trotz' system is rather difficult for young forwards to grasp. They aren't used to this level of defensive responsibility. All the good rookies seem to be defenseman. The good rookie forwards are more along the lines of an Adam Hall who had 4 years of college under his belt. The only player Upshall's age that had what I would consider a really good rookie year for Trotz is Erat. Legwand had a similar rookie year, but wasn't anything flashy. Even Erat's rookie year was great only for the fact that he was 7th rounder. Give Upshall time in Milwaukee and then a year or two here and you'll see more.

add to the fact that before and after his injury, he was averaging around a PPG. i think a healthy season, and we would have been talking about him instead of shishkanov

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.