HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whered this prucha kid come from

Old
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Prucha needed to go. Both he and the team needed a fresh start. I wish him the best.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

not sure if you watched the game or just the highlight but other than that goal prucha looked the same. got at least 3 or 4 good chances blocked because he takes way to long with his release. he's still slow and was getting knocked around and overall didn't impress me at all. he is what he is. he wouldn't even crack our lineup this year no way not one forward he's better than right now

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
He falls down half the time he recieves a pass. Not surprised he was on his back while he scored.
Come on, a player slid into the back of his legs... don't be an ass.

His biggest issue, though, is that he can't seem to put on any weight. Still only 170... Being 6'0" 170 in the NHL puts you at a big disadvantage. If you're 6'0" you gotta be close to 200.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 09:06 AM
CamachoNYR

classic Rangers, we let someone go, and they dominate with their next team, I know its way too early to make this comment about Prucha, but its usually the case. You know who I always enjoyed watching, even though he had a short lived Rangers career, Petr Sykora, I loved watching him play. Sick backhand on the shoot outs.

CamachoNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
not sure if you watched the game or just the highlight but other than that goal prucha looked the same. got at least 3 or 4 good chances blocked because he takes way to long with his release. he's still slow and was getting knocked around and overall didn't impress me at all. he is what he is. he wouldn't even crack our lineup this year no way not one forward he's better than right now
Yeah, Prucha looked exactly the same. Being in front of the net (was on the Jovo goal and his own), was willing to finish his forecheck and brought the team a lot of energy. He got three or four good chances because he's got a nose for where he needs to be. He's great positionally. At the same time, he didn't finish most of his chances because he's not so strong on the puck, and still gets knocked off the puck kind of easily. Gets knocked around easy in general. Exactly what he was three seasons ago when he scored 22 goals. Exactly what he was four seasons ago when he scored 30 goals.

He is what he is. A third liner who can score some goals, is going make you happy energy-wise, but will normally leave you more to be desired when he has the puck.

And you don't have to like what he is, and you can be happy he's gone. But the fact is that he scored a good goal from his back, and some of you can't let go that you're upset because Rangers fans liked him (because he actually cared and tried) even though he wasn't a superstar?

He scored a goal, guys, he didn't kill your puppy. I just don't get the negativity.

Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I Pee Blue

I can't wait to see the reception this guy gets from MSG when the Yotes come to town.

I Pee Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Ovens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Sure he's not the second coming, but the only way Boyle, Brashear or Voros score a goal like that is in their dreams.

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
DontStepanMe

Happy when we traded him... still happy he is gone. I hope he stays gone, and there are no more annoying threads like this... seriously Prucha has a cult following of Ranger fans... and its getting ridiculous.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
Yeah, Prucha looked exactly the same. Being in front of the net (was on the Jovo goal and his own), was willing to finish his forecheck and brought the team a lot of energy. He got three or four good chances because he's got a nose for where he needs to be. He's great positionally. At the same time, he didn't finish most of his chances because he's not so strong on the puck, and still gets knocked off the puck kind of easily. Gets knocked around easy in general. Exactly what he was three seasons ago when he scored 22 goals. Exactly what he was four seasons ago when he scored 30 goals.

He is what he is. A third liner who can score some goals, is going make you happy energy-wise, but will normally leave you more to be desired when he has the puck.

And you don't have to like what he is, and you can be happy he's gone. But the fact is that he scored a good goal from his back, and some of you can't let go that you're upset because Rangers fans liked him (because he actually cared and tried) even though he wasn't a superstar?

He scored a goal, guys, he didn't kill your puppy. I just don't get the negativity.
What I think you are missing here is that there are some on this board that think that he's better than he is, and post their thoughts. Sometimes to an extreme, OTOH, there are also posters here that shed some light on his flaws, also to the extreme.

I was one of the guys that believed that he was mis-used in year two after coming back from getting hurt. The team added Shanahan between years 1 and 2 of Prucha's stint here in NY and his numbers suffered.

That said, even I have to admit that as much as I would have liked to have seen him succeed here, we needed to move into a bigger, faster, grittier team that we currently are.

I like Prucha, I wish him well, but he's no longer a New York Ranger.

In my opinion, Prucha is going to be one of those players that has really good numbers on bad teams and once they start developing their own players, he becomes expendable. He will earn a nice living, play alot of hockey, but he's not a player that really helps you win championships. He helps you remain respectable, that's about it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
What I think you are missing here is that there are some on this board that think that he's better than he is, and post their thoughts. Sometimes to an extreme, OTOH, there are also posters here that shed some light on his flaws, also to the extreme.

I was one of the guys that believed that he was mis-used in year two after coming back from getting hurt. The team added Shanahan between years 1 and 2 of Prucha's stint here in NY and his numbers suffered.

That said, even I have to admit that as much as I would have liked to have seen him succeed here, we needed to move into a bigger, faster, grittier team that we currently are.

I like Prucha, I wish him well, but he's no longer a New York Ranger.

In my opinion, Prucha is going to be one of those players that has really good numbers on bad teams and once they start developing their own players, he becomes expendable. He will earn a nice living, play alot of hockey, but he's not a player that really helps you win championships. He helps you remain respectable, that's about it.
Haha, I didn't miss that fact. I'm a pretty big Prucha fan. I'm on the whole "he was misused and that's why there is a misconception that he sucks" side.

However, I would think we'd be at the point now that we can look back and thank Prucha for his effort and services, and wish him well with Phoenix, as well as admit that he had his share of flaws and it was best- both for him and the organization- that he is out west.

I guess I just don't understand why some Rangers fans don't like that other fans root for ex-Rangers who gave a lot to the organization? There will always be your Jed Ortmeyer and Petr Prucha fans. Prucha was with us for four years, and was a big part of "the return to respectability." No one in their right mind thinks that Jed or Petr or Blair or Freddie are the next coming of Alexander Ovechkin, but we can (and probably should) wish them well wherever they end up.

And, IMO, as I watched the Coyotes/Pens game last night: Prucha looks better than I've seen him for a while. Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Blue Regime

Like some people have said, just because he isn't a Ranger anymore doesn't mean we can't root for him. I, like many others, love rooting for humble, hardworking players who give it their all night in and night out. No matter how good or bad you think Prucha is as a hockey player, you have to agree that he had as much heart as anyone when he laced up in the few games he did last year.

And it's not like he went to the Devs or Isles. If there's any team I can root for besides the Rangers, it's the Phoenix Coyotes.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Regime View Post
Like some people have said, just because he isn't a Ranger anymore doesn't mean we can't root for him. I, like many others, love rooting for humble, hardworking players who give it their all night in and night out. No matter how good or bad you think Prucha is as a hockey player, you have to agree that he had as much heart as anyone when he laced up in the few games he did last year.

And it's not like he went to the Devs or Isles. If there's any team I can root for besides the Rangers, it's the Phoenix Coyotes.
It's not that people can't root for him or anybody else... its this incessent cult following.. the we should never have let Prucha go, the Renney was an idiot and ruined Prucha's development etc...

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
John Torturella

I watched NHL on the fly last night and when I heard Prucha scored I knew there would be a thread on here about him.

Why can't people let go? He is gone and wasn't that good anyway. One good season really took him far in NY.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
I miss Pru still

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:05 PM
D713B

Apparently Prucha just got crushed by Kaleta. No details, just read it on the main board. No video yet.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Apparently Prucha just got crushed by Kaleta. No details, just read it on the main board. No video yet.
Did it say he's ok?

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:54 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Did it say he's ok?
Not sure. They said he got up, had a bloody lip and then left the game. Posters are saying it was the "biggest" hit of Kaleta's career and surprisingly, that it was actually clean.

Old
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
D713B

Anyone catch the highlight? Wow.

Old
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I watched the Sabres game since I'm in Rochester tonight and Prucha got hit pretty hard but he looked fine on the bench. He then went into the tunnel on his own power, looked alert. Haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully he didn't get a concussion or something.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
McMonster

back to his old self I guess

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:20 PM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I watched the Sabres game since I'm in Rochester tonight and Prucha got hit pretty hard but he looked fine on the bench. He then went into the tunnel on his own power, looked alert. Haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully he didn't get a concussion or something.
Another Kaleta dirty hit. Look how much he left his feet. I can't wait til someone breaks his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXJOl3n4ws

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I always loved Prucha, and wish we'd never got rid of him
I still think he would have worked out ok in Torts' system, but it's a moot point by now.
One day he'll come home...COME HOME PRUCHA!

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 12:00 AM
mti79

I'm a huge Prucha supporter but refuse to get into the debates anymore because at this point, everyone has their opinions and nothing will change that.

I was at the game tonight and obviously all the Buffalo fans loved the hit, but then again, they love that little d o uche bag Kaleta... he's a local kid, but he's still a piece of $hit if you ask me. I thought it was dirty live, thought it was dirty when I saw the replay in the arena and thought it was dirty when I saw the replays at home. Prucha looked ok, doesn't look like he lost consciousness or anything and walked to the locker room under his own power. I haven't seen anything official yet.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 12:10 AM
asparkoflife

Kaleta is awful. No doubt this is ANOTHER dirty hit by this piece of garbage.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 12:11 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Someone actually went after me on the main boards (obviously a Sabres fan) for pointing out how cowardly Kaleta is.

Its not my fault the guy wears a visor and goes head hunting after guys way smaller than him.

SomebodySaveKreider is online now   Reply With Quote