HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#4: Penguins at Flyers - October 8, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2009, 11:25 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
No, Sbisa is an NHL calibre player.

Gagne, Richards, JVR and Betts were not at practice, so Syvret lined up at forward to fill a spot in the practice lines because Tolly was playing, as he will tonight, with Parent.
Oh. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Damn I have a big assignment to do, but I have to watch this! Ill try to multitask

Any Canadians know if we get this on TSN or TSN2 or anything?

Old
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
CptCannon

This yesterday, what today?

Old
10-08-2009, 11:39 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Any Canadians know if we get this on TSN or TSN2 or anything?
It's not on Canadian cable TV. Center Ice or webcasts, only.

Old
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
CanadianFlyersFan18

The weekend starts today!! Flyers, beer and getting laid! Nothing better then that! LETS GO FLYERSSSS

Old
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
I want Penguin blood all over the Wachovia ice.
Run them over Flyers, and have them leave the city with their heads down.
MUST WIN, i can't digest a loss to these scrubs.
wow...graphic, haha

Old
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
it's time to see if the additions/subtractions the team made will prove to be good moves! i'm sure they will and i can't wait to see how many dives 'ol sid the kid takes just from having pronger look at him.

Old
10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
This is the game that I really want the Flyers and win convincingly. None of this crap from the Caps game. Kick some Pens butt. Pronger needs to put someone on the ice, flat on their back.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post

lol...Cindy down again, she looks blacked out too.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Cleary84

I am so f'ing siked for this game! First one of the season I'm going to and I'm ready for some Pens ass whoopin!

Old
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Man. it's a loooooooooooooooong way down from Betts and van Riemsdyk to Cote and Asham.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Gags1288

Win or lose, it's important for the Flyers to send a physical message tonight. They need to make it clear that this season is going to be different and they need to do it from the drop of the puck. If Crosby and Malkin want to go to the net, the message needs to be sent that they're going to have to the pay price to do it with Pronger on board. Flyers also need to pound the Pens d-men in the corners, something they didn't do a whole lot in the playoffs. Tonight's lineup is the toughest Flyers lineup probably this decade and the Flyers need to take advantage of that.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Cleary84

Well we're bringing out the tough ***** to make this more intense.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
I really hope, Gagne steps up tonight. The last 3 games he was ok, but nothing to be excited about. He played solid defensively but somehow bored in the offensive zone.
I know he has 2 helpers already but the Simon I remember is famous for scoring goals not gettin assists.

BTW....GO FLYERS!

Old
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
duffy9748

Flying out of Pittsburgh and landing in Philly at 6:30 than going straight to the game. May try to start a few fights in the pitt airport with my Richards jersey on. Go flyers!

Old
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
There will be so much testosterone steaming off the Flyers tonight that Crosby will faint.

I want Tolly paired with Prongs, the concrete wall. We'll see penguins flying over the boards and they'll never know what hit them.

Seriously, Stevens must be pretty worried about the Pens since he's putting on the entire force of fighters.
Why on earth would they break up the Carle-Pronger pairing? Carle is leading the team in points. Also, Tollefsen would not be able to keep up with the kind of minutes Pronger will be playing. Stevens is putting more fighters in the lineup because two people who he would rather have in the lineup (Betts and JVR, not fighters) are injured. He didn't really have a choice.

Quote:
I really hope, Gagne steps up tonight. The last 3 games he was ok, but nothing to be excited about. He played solid defensively but somehow bored in the offensive zone.
I know he has 2 helpers already but the Simon I remember is famous for scoring goals not gettin assists.
I agree. Gagne hasn't looked like himself yet this season. Pucks are bouncing over his stick all the time and he isn't using his blazing speed like he should. He looks like he is still hampered by his hip and groin. It's probably not a coincidence that he missed practice yesterday...

Old
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
PhoenixFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post

awesome, i bet he's crying. cindy is the biggest disgrace in the NHL, ill admit that he has talent but his personality, whining and diving completely detract from any positive qualities he has, i cant wait to see pronger smash his face in.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
I agree. Gagne hasn't looked like himself yet this season. Pucks are bouncing over his stick all the time and he isn't using his blazing speed like he should. He looks like he is still hampered by his hip and groin. It's probably not a coincidence that he missed practice yesterday...
That's exactly what I am worried about. Unfortunately Gagne (and Briere) are kinda susceptible to injuries and if they are really playing him injured AGAIN it's just...

Old
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlyer View Post
awesome, i bet he's crying. cindy is the biggest disgrace in the NHL, ill admit that he has talent but his personality, whining and diving completely detract from any positive qualities he has, i cant wait to see pronger smash his face in.

i mean....................really? hes just as much of a diver as Briere was back in the day. Briere has matured and so had Crosby.

guys like Sid are the only reason hockey SOMETIMES gets talked about in the US. If it weren't for guys like him, malkin, ovechkin this sport would get less publicity than it already does.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBoardFan1985 View Post
That's exactly what I am worried about. Unfortunately Gagne (and Briere) are kinda susceptible to injuries and if they are really playing him injured AGAIN it's just...

I don't think he's injured, I just think for whatever reason he's a little timid.

I also think that Gagne isn't the same player that he was pre-Forsberg. Obviously Peter helped Simon elevate his game, but he also seemed to change the way that Gagne plays and created some bad habits, IMO. Before Forsberg got here, Gagne used to attack defenseman with his speed and create space for himself that way. With Forsberg, he became more of a perimeter player who didn't play with the puck much and found open spaces to score goals. I think it would behoove Gagne and the Flyers if he could go back to being the attacking, all-around offensive player that he was before Forsberg. I can't remember the last time he beat a defenseman wide with his speed and made a play to create a goal.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Man. it's a loooooooooooooooong way down from Betts and van Riemsdyk to Cote and Asham.
i was thinking that too. especially with cote - asham can at least hold his own, but yea, that 4th line has been so good with betts on it.

i guess richards and carter will be playing a lot tonight anyway. and after saturday, we have a 5-day break, so jvr should definitely be ready to go. i really wanted to limit cote's ice time to about 0 games this year. oh well

Old
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
I don't think he's injured, I just think for whatever reason he's a little timid.

I also think that Gagne isn't the same player that he was pre-Forsberg. Obviously Peter helped Simon elevate his game, but he also seemed to change the way that Gagne plays and created some bad habits, IMO. Before Forsberg got here, Gagne used to attack defenseman with his speed and create space for himself that way. With Forsberg, he became more of a perimeter player who didn't play with the puck much and found open spaces to score goals. I think it would behoove Gagne and the Flyers if he could go back to being the attacking, all-around offensive player that he was before Forsberg. I can't remember the last time he beat a defenseman wide with his speed and made a play to create a goal.
I don't think Forsberg instilled bad habits in Gagne. Remember that Gagne had a career-high 40 assists last season and had 34 goals (good for second on the team behind Carter). The 74 points he accumulated gave him his second-best season to date.

Gagne has never been a dangler or one to beat defenders 1-on-1. He is a shooter and a great skater. He needs a playmaker to set him up because he is great at finding open areas of the ice, but not great at handling the puck.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
jb**

The result is meaningless to me. I want them physically abuse this team. Richards, the time for you is now to make crosby fight you. No is not an acceptable answer this time around. If you have to grab him and make him fight so be it. The instigation penalty will be well served. Pronger has been tame so far. He needs to step up with a dusty rhoades bionic elbow to buck tooth or the ogar. Ray has also been quiet considering players have been crashing the crease. Is he saving it up for this game to explode? This game needs to get out of control. With stevens behind the bench I look for none of the above to happen,lol. Such a shame cote ahs to dress really. Hurts the team not being able to roll 4 liens and play with 11 forwards. Crosby leaving on a stretcher would be fantastic.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Old
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
medicman

GO FLYERS!!!

Faboo!

Closed Thread