HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4: Penguins at Flyers - October 8, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
  #101
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
wow...graphic, haha
Ya sorry, very intense on gameday

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
  #102
Octavius
Next #18?
 
Octavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Man, I can't wait for this game. i want the Flyers to destroy the pingus in every way. Light them up, beat them up and instill fear in them, so that next time they hear the mere mention of the Flyers, they s**t their pants.

And Pronger, it's time for some of your physics to be applied to Crysby.
GO FLYERS!!!!

Octavius is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
  #103
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The result is meaningless to me. I want them physically abuse this team. Richards, the time for you is now to make crosby fight you. No is not an acceptable answer this time around. If you have to grab him and make him fight so be it. The instigation penalty will be well served. Pronger has been tame so far. He needs to step up with a dusty rhoades bionic elbow to buck tooth or the ogar. Ray has also been quiet considering players have been crashing the crease. Is he saving it up for this game to explode? This game needs to get out of control. With stevens behind the bench I look for none of the above to happen,lol. Such a shame cote ahs to dress really. Hurts the team not being able to roll 4 liens and play with 11 forwards. Crosby leaving on a stretcher would be fantastic.
i want to win the hockey game. Thats the bottom line.
The Flyers are going to have to be on their best behaviour tonite in the discipline department because I cant imagine Bettman is not pleased that the officials gave Phoenix 9 PP chances last night.
It wouldnt shock me if the Flyers have to kill off 1 or 2 5 on 3's in the 1st period tonite.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
  #104
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
The Flyers are going to have to be on their best behaviour tonite in the discipline department because I cant imagine Bettman is pleased that the officials gave Phoenix 9 PP chances last night.
It wouldnt shock me if the Flyers have to kill off 1 or 2 5 on 3's in the 1st period tonite.
Depressing & nauseating, but true. The officials will be under a microscope.

That's why it's so great having Pronger. He can run Sissy through the boards and out the other side, and do it legally.

Lots of good clean checks is what we need and don't let up. Shell them until they can't remember what building they're in. If one of them feels like dropping the gloves, I'm sure we can oblige.

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
  #105
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
I really hope Pronger shows Pitt why they won't repeat tonight.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
  #106
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Dammit Richards was doing so well with Betts in the line-up, taking PK time away from him.


GO FLYERS!!!! Crush them.

Miss Mess is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
  #107
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Should be a very exciting game. I want someone to draw blood.

BillyShoe1721 is online now  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
  #108
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Dammit Richards was doing so well with Betts in the line-up, taking PK time away from him.


GO FLYERS!!!! Crush them.
I agree, I saw this

Betts, JVR, Syrvet out and Asham, Cote, OKT in

and thought wow, that is a total downgrade for us right now

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
  #109
3Fs
Registered User
 
3Fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western Pa.
Country: United States
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Lets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:y o:

3Fs is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
  #110
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I agree, I saw this

Betts, JVR, Syrvet out and Asham, Cote, OKT in

and thought wow, that is a total downgrade for us right now


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
  #111
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Im telling you right now, big night from my boy Pyo.

Lets win this one!

sa cyred is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
  #112
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.
Another member still in the 70s. Yep cause skill hasnt won us anything (oh wait it won us 3 games so far).

This is 2009 not the 70s.


sa cyred is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
  #113
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
I don't think Forsberg instilled bad habits in Gagne. Remember that Gagne had a career-high 40 assists last season and had 34 goals (good for second on the team behind Carter). The 74 points he accumulated gave him his second-best season to date.

Gagne has never been a dangler or one to beat defenders 1-on-1. He is a shooter and a great skater. He needs a playmaker to set him up because he is great at finding open areas of the ice, but not great at handling the puck.
To me, Gagne was not a difference maker last year on a game to game basis. His stats look solid and his play overall was solid, but he played a different and more aggressive style when he was younger. I'm not saying he's a dangler, but I'd like to see him use his speed a little more to back off defenders like he did quite often when he was younger.

I'm not saying he's not still a very good player, he clearly is. I just think he could be a better player for this team if he used some of his strengths a little differently. I'm just tired of watching him pull up at the blueline every shift with the puck when I know he's capable of so much more. I'm not asking him to be Claude Giroux and control the game when the puck is on his stick, but to show a little aggressiveness and willingness to engage contact.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
  #114
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.


Yep. Cote, Asham and OKT are going to scare the Pens into submission.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
  #115
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.
psst I think he wrote that post just for you. Just sayin'

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
  #116
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The result is meaningless to me. I want them physically abuse this team. Richards, the time for you is now to make crosby fight you. No is not an acceptable answer this time around. If you have to grab him and make him fight so be it. The instigation penalty will be well served. Pronger has been tame so far. He needs to step up with a dusty rhoades bionic elbow to buck tooth or the ogar. Ray has also been quiet considering players have been crashing the crease. Is he saving it up for this game to explode? This game needs to get out of control. With stevens behind the bench I look for none of the above to happen,lol. Such a shame cote ahs to dress really. Hurts the team not being able to roll 4 liens and play with 11 forwards. Crosby leaving on a stretcher would be fantastic.
I'm of a similar mindset. I'd love to win the game, don't get me wrong, but the difference between 4-0 and 3-1 isn't a big deal to me. More importantly, tonight needs to be the night that the tone is set for the rest of the season. The Pens need to be shown that this Flyers team is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult to play against then the teams of the past two years.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
  #117
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.
Haha even if you want strength and toughness, we've had Carcillo and Laperriere in the lineup along with Hartnell, Richards, and Pronger. I hate having Cote on this team, call up Nodl or Maroon if JVR is gonna be out for a while.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
  #118
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,213
vCash: 500
I'll admit it, I want blood to be spilled this game and I want lots of it. I want to see Pronger hammer Malkin head through the glass and I want to see Richards rip out Crosby's heart with his bare hands and feed it to him while it's still beating. I want dead Penguins on the ice and I want the Flyers to stomp a mud hole in them while they're down. Now is the time to make a definitive statement and I want the Flyers to emphatically put a mark on the Penguins that they won't repeat and they'll be lucky to make it out of the regular season in one piece.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
  #119
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Since I go to school in the middle of the state there are a ton of Pens fans. Have my hockey team is Flyers fans other half Pens. Got practice tonight so I would love to rag on them. Just switched into the Flyers gear after rocking the Phillies gear the first half of the day. Pronger I want you to smash Crosby. Well off to class now
Going to miss the rest of the Phillies game and the first half of the Flyers game.

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:46 PM
  #120
zbryne
Registered User
 
zbryne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Id like to see the flyers win without as many defensive mistakes.

zbryne is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
  #121
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
To me, Gagne was not a difference maker last year on a game to game basis. His stats look solid and his play overall was solid, but he played a different and more aggressive style when he was younger. I'm not saying he's a dangler, but I'd like to see him use his speed a little more to back off defenders like he did quite often when he was younger.

I'm not saying he's not still a very good player, he clearly is. I just think he could be a better player for this team if he used some of his strengths a little differently. I'm just tired of watching him pull up at the blueline every shift with the puck when I know he's capable of so much more. I'm not asking him to be Claude Giroux and control the game when the puck is on his stick, but to show a little aggressiveness and willingness to engage contact.
I agree with you here. I think his hesitance is more of a result of his injury problems than anything to do with Forsberg, however. I just want Gagne to shoot more and be more confident with the puck. He's one of our most skilled players.

Four Boilermakers is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
  #122
PhoenixFlyer
 
PhoenixFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post


i mean....................really? hes just as much of a diver as Briere was back in the day. Briere has matured and so had Crosby.

guys like Sid are the only reason hockey SOMETIMES gets talked about in the US. If it weren't for guys like him, malkin, ovechkin this sport would get less publicity than it already does.
yeh but i actually have respect for ovechkin and a little more respect for malkin than crosby, crosby i dont have a single iota of respect for, any attention he garners is bad attention in my book. He has no class, dives at the first opportunity, punches people in the nuts! i mean maybe briere used to dive back in the day but from what i remember he didnt have the lack of class and he certainly wasnt cheapshotting other players in the nuts. I dont care what anyone says i would NEVER EVER EVER want cindy crybaby crosby on my team in a million years.

PhoenixFlyer is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
  #123
FlyersFanJS
Registered User
 
FlyersFanJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hellertown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll admit it, I want blood to be spilled this game and I want lots of it. I want to see Pronger hammer Malkin head through the glass and I want to see Richards rip out Crosby's heart with his bare hands and feed it to him while it's still beating. I want dead Penguins on the ice and I want the Flyers to stomp a mud hole in them while they're down. Now is the time to make a definitive statement and I want the Flyers to emphatically put a mark on the Penguins that they won't repeat and they'll be lucky to make it out of the regular season in one piece.....
let's all just try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, it is still a game. I'm sure this is meant to be metaphorical, but nonetheless.

FlyersFanJS is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
  #124
FlyersFanJS
Registered User
 
FlyersFanJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hellertown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
Id like to see the flyers win without as many defensive mistakes.
...and far fewer penalties!

FlyersFanJS is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
  #125
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
let's all just try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, it is still a game. I'm sure this is meant to be metaphorical, but nonetheless.
No way, bud. That ish was literal. I wanna see red ice.


Also, someone put this baby up on vBookie. I'm trying to double my money.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.