HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4: Penguins at Flyers - October 8, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
wow...graphic, haha
Ya sorry, very intense on gameday

Old
10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Octavius
Next #18?

Man, I can't wait for this game. i want the Flyers to destroy the pingus in every way. Light them up, beat them up and instill fear in them, so that next time they hear the mere mention of the Flyers, they s**t their pants.

And Pronger, it's time for some of your physics to be applied to Crysby.
GO FLYERS!!!!

Old
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The result is meaningless to me. I want them physically abuse this team. Richards, the time for you is now to make crosby fight you. No is not an acceptable answer this time around. If you have to grab him and make him fight so be it. The instigation penalty will be well served. Pronger has been tame so far. He needs to step up with a dusty rhoades bionic elbow to buck tooth or the ogar. Ray has also been quiet considering players have been crashing the crease. Is he saving it up for this game to explode? This game needs to get out of control. With stevens behind the bench I look for none of the above to happen,lol. Such a shame cote ahs to dress really. Hurts the team not being able to roll 4 liens and play with 11 forwards. Crosby leaving on a stretcher would be fantastic.
i want to win the hockey game. Thats the bottom line.
The Flyers are going to have to be on their best behaviour tonite in the discipline department because I cant imagine Bettman is not pleased that the officials gave Phoenix 9 PP chances last night.
It wouldnt shock me if the Flyers have to kill off 1 or 2 5 on 3's in the 1st period tonite.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
The Flyers are going to have to be on their best behaviour tonite in the discipline department because I cant imagine Bettman is pleased that the officials gave Phoenix 9 PP chances last night.
It wouldnt shock me if the Flyers have to kill off 1 or 2 5 on 3's in the 1st period tonite.
Depressing & nauseating, but true. The officials will be under a microscope.

That's why it's so great having Pronger. He can run Sissy through the boards and out the other side, and do it legally.

Lots of good clean checks is what we need and don't let up. Shell them until they can't remember what building they're in. If one of them feels like dropping the gloves, I'm sure we can oblige.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
IrishSniper87

I really hope Pronger shows Pitt why they won't repeat tonight.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Miss Mess

Dammit Richards was doing so well with Betts in the line-up, taking PK time away from him.

GO FLYERS!!!! Crush them.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Should be a very exciting game. I want someone to draw blood.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Dammit Richards was doing so well with Betts in the line-up, taking PK time away from him.

GO FLYERS!!!! Crush them.
I agree, I saw this

Betts, JVR, Syrvet out and Asham, Cote, OKT in

and thought wow, that is a total downgrade for us right now

Old
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
3Fs

Lets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:y o:

Old
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I agree, I saw this

Betts, JVR, Syrvet out and Asham, Cote, OKT in

and thought wow, that is a total downgrade for us right now

Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Im telling you right now, big night from my boy Pyo.

Lets win this one!

Old
10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post

Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.
Another member still in the 70s. Yep cause skill hasnt won us anything (oh wait it won us 3 games so far).

This is 2009 not the 70s.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
I don't think Forsberg instilled bad habits in Gagne. Remember that Gagne had a career-high 40 assists last season and had 34 goals (good for second on the team behind Carter). The 74 points he accumulated gave him his second-best season to date.

Gagne has never been a dangler or one to beat defenders 1-on-1. He is a shooter and a great skater. He needs a playmaker to set him up because he is great at finding open areas of the ice, but not great at handling the puck.
To me, Gagne was not a difference maker last year on a game to game basis. His stats look solid and his play overall was solid, but he played a different and more aggressive style when he was younger. I'm not saying he's a dangler, but I'd like to see him use his speed a little more to back off defenders like he did quite often when he was younger.

I'm not saying he's not still a very good player, he clearly is. I just think he could be a better player for this team if he used some of his strengths a little differently. I'm just tired of watching him pull up at the blueline every shift with the puck when I know he's capable of so much more. I'm not asking him to be Claude Giroux and control the game when the puck is on his stick, but to show a little aggressiveness and willingness to engage contact.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:

Yep. Cote, Asham and OKT are going to scare the Pens into submission.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:

psst I think he wrote that post just for you. Just sayin'

Old
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The result is meaningless to me. I want them physically abuse this team. Richards, the time for you is now to make crosby fight you. No is not an acceptable answer this time around. If you have to grab him and make him fight so be it. The instigation penalty will be well served. Pronger has been tame so far. He needs to step up with a dusty rhoades bionic elbow to buck tooth or the ogar. Ray has also been quiet considering players have been crashing the crease. Is he saving it up for this game to explode? This game needs to get out of control. With stevens behind the bench I look for none of the above to happen,lol. Such a shame cote ahs to dress really. Hurts the team not being able to roll 4 liens and play with 11 forwards. Crosby leaving on a stretcher would be fantastic.
I'm of a similar mindset. I'd love to win the game, don't get me wrong, but the difference between 4-0 and 3-1 isn't a big deal to me. More importantly, tonight needs to be the night that the tone is set for the rest of the season. The Pens need to be shown that this Flyers team is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult to play against then the teams of the past two years.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:

Haha even if you want strength and toughness, we've had Carcillo and Laperriere in the lineup along with Hartnell, Richards, and Pronger. I hate having Cote on this team, call up Nodl or Maroon if JVR is gonna be out for a while.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'll admit it, I want blood to be spilled this game and I want lots of it. I want to see Pronger hammer Malkin head through the glass and I want to see Richards rip out Crosby's heart with his bare hands and feed it to him while it's still beating. I want dead Penguins on the ice and I want the Flyers to stomp a mud hole in them while they're down. Now is the time to make a definitive statement and I want the Flyers to emphatically put a mark on the Penguins that they won't repeat and they'll be lucky to make it out of the regular season in one piece.....

Old
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
flyersguy33*

Since I go to school in the middle of the state there are a ton of Pens fans. Have my hockey team is Flyers fans other half Pens. Got practice tonight so I would love to rag on them. Just switched into the Flyers gear after rocking the Phillies gear the first half of the day. Pronger I want you to smash Crosby. Well off to class now
Going to miss the rest of the Phillies game and the first half of the Flyers game.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:46 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Id like to see the flyers win without as many defensive mistakes.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
To me, Gagne was not a difference maker last year on a game to game basis. His stats look solid and his play overall was solid, but he played a different and more aggressive style when he was younger. I'm not saying he's a dangler, but I'd like to see him use his speed a little more to back off defenders like he did quite often when he was younger.

I'm not saying he's not still a very good player, he clearly is. I just think he could be a better player for this team if he used some of his strengths a little differently. I'm just tired of watching him pull up at the blueline every shift with the puck when I know he's capable of so much more. I'm not asking him to be Claude Giroux and control the game when the puck is on his stick, but to show a little aggressiveness and willingness to engage contact.
I agree with you here. I think his hesitance is more of a result of his injury problems than anything to do with Forsberg, however. I just want Gagne to shoot more and be more confident with the puck. He's one of our most skilled players.

Old
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
PhoenixFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post

i mean....................really? hes just as much of a diver as Briere was back in the day. Briere has matured and so had Crosby.

guys like Sid are the only reason hockey SOMETIMES gets talked about in the US. If it weren't for guys like him, malkin, ovechkin this sport would get less publicity than it already does.
yeh but i actually have respect for ovechkin and a little more respect for malkin than crosby, crosby i dont have a single iota of respect for, any attention he garners is bad attention in my book. He has no class, dives at the first opportunity, punches people in the nuts! i mean maybe briere used to dive back in the day but from what i remember he didnt have the lack of class and he certainly wasnt cheapshotting other players in the nuts. I dont care what anyone says i would NEVER EVER EVER want cindy crybaby crosby on my team in a million years.

Old
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll admit it, I want blood to be spilled this game and I want lots of it. I want to see Pronger hammer Malkin head through the glass and I want to see Richards rip out Crosby's heart with his bare hands and feed it to him while it's still beating. I want dead Penguins on the ice and I want the Flyers to stomp a mud hole in them while they're down. Now is the time to make a definitive statement and I want the Flyers to emphatically put a mark on the Penguins that they won't repeat and they'll be lucky to make it out of the regular season in one piece.....
let's all just try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, it is still a game. I'm sure this is meant to be metaphorical, but nonetheless.

Old
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
Id like to see the flyers win without as many defensive mistakes.
...and far fewer penalties!

Old
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
let's all just try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, it is still a game. I'm sure this is meant to be metaphorical, but nonetheless.
No way, bud. That ish was literal. I wanna see red ice.

Also, someone put this baby up on vBookie. I'm trying to double my money.

Closed Thread