HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4: Penguins at Flyers - October 8, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
  #126
PhoenixFlyer
 
PhoenixFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
let's all just try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, it is still a game. I'm sure this is meant to be metaphorical, but nonetheless.
game or not i have genuine hatred for the penguins and their fans as well, i agree with the original poster that i want blood spilled, preferably crosby's. Bettmans golden boy has tainted lord stanley with their illegitimate "win" and the only thing that can cleanse the NHL's soul is cindys blood splattered all over the place!

PhoenixFlyer is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
  #127
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


Another member of the flyers knitting club. Yeah a downgrade when it comes to skill. But you have to understand that in some games it's necessary to remove to some skill and add some strength and toughness...if you want to survive in this league.
The only reason you say stuff like this is because you have man-love for OKT and OKT is exactly that type of player. I guarantee that if OKT was a d-man who relied on puck skills rather then just hitting **** then your opinion would be the complete opposite of what it is now.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
  #128
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
I agree with you here. I think his hesitance is more of a result of his injury problems than anything to do with Forsberg, however. I just want Gagne to shoot more and be more confident with the puck. He's one of our most skilled players.
The reason I point to Forsberg is because I think the best stretch of hockey in Gagne's career was right after Forsberg was traded. Gagne was playing with crappy linemates on a crappy team and here were hit stats to finish that season (on the worst team in the league):

20GP 12 G 11 A 23P +10

Over that span of games, Gagne was creating plays for himself, he was aggressive, and he was just playing great hockey. With Forsberg, I just think he became a little too reliant on his linemates and not aggressive enough with the puck and I think he's reverted back to that form. Either way, though, I know he can play better.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:26 PM
  #129
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
The only reason you say stuff like this is because you have man-love for OKT and OKT is exactly that type of player. I guarantee that if OKT was a d-man who relied on puck skills rather then just hitting **** then your opinion would be the complete opposite of what it is now.
+1

He's here purely because of OKT.

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
  #130
Jaymin
Registered User
 
Jaymin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaymin
Great GDT as always MSE

2.5 hours until game time. Lets beat these Pengins and extend this streak to 4 in a row. I'd love to see us put some distance between us and the rest of the East.

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Jaymin is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
  #131
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
+1

He's here purely because of OKT.
I'm 100% ok with that though. It just gets old how he does nothing but sing his praises, and act like anyone who prefers Syvret is nuts, etc.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
  #132
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
You guys are cracking me up. Everyone sounds like a medieval warrior ready for battle.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing some blood...

Let's go flyers!!!!

Mr Oysterhead is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
  #133
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll admit it, I want blood to be spilled this game and I want lots of it. I want to see Pronger hammer Malkin head through the glass and I want to see Richards rip out Crosby's heart with his bare hands and feed it to him while it's still beating. I want dead Penguins on the ice and I want the Flyers to stomp a mud hole in them while they're down. Now is the time to make a definitive statement and I want the Flyers to emphatically put a mark on the Penguins that they won't repeat and they'll be lucky to make it out of the regular season in one piece.....
Best post ever

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
  #134
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
You guys are cracking me up. Everyone sounds like a medieval warrior ready for battle.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing some blood...

Let's go flyers!!!!
you havent noticed that the whole team resembles a bunch of vikings? they could come out to "loh do i see my father..." and thats before the playoffs start and they get all longship straggly with teh playoff beards. and briere is even cast right for the antonio banderas part from 13th warror.


bring on the penguins valhalla awaits!!!!

captainpaxil is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
  #135
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
The only reason you say stuff like this is because you have man-love for OKT and OKT is exactly that type of player. I guarantee that if OKT was a d-man who relied on puck skills rather then just hitting **** then your opinion would be the complete opposite of what it is now.
Tolly again...well I'm close to him for a reason, but thank heaven he's married to a woman and not me.

But you're wrong anyway, I'd be bored if that was the case. We vikings may not be that many, but we're built tough, no sissy moves around here...just ask Patrick Thoresen who was willing to sacrifice a nut for the Flyers

Wolfy is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
  #136
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Man. it's a loooooooooooooooong way down from Betts and van Riemsdyk to Cote and Asham.
Yeah really. Can't believe people are happy about this.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
  #137
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Yeah really. Can't believe people are happy about this.
I highly doubt people are "happy about it" as in "prefer it" but rather they are just happy that we actually have a guy like Asham as a healthy scratch that we can use in these situations.

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
  #138
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
You guys are cracking me up. Everyone sounds like a medieval warrior ready for battle.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing some blood...

Let's go flyers!!!!

+ =


+

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
  #139
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,828
vCash: 50
Cannot wait for gametime tonight.


Let's go Flyers!


I'd feel better with JVR/Betts and Syvert as opposed to Cote/Asham/OKT...

SnS is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM
  #140
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Syvret hastn exactly looked good so far. I'd like to see how OKT plays

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
  #141
Death of a Martian
Registered User
 
Death of a Martian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Hopefully someone will post a link here for the game so I can watch some Penguins bleed.

Let's go Flyers!

Death of a Martian is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
  #142
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
4-2 for Orange and somebody's gonna get a punch in the face tonight. I don't think these are bold predictions. Have fun everybody.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
  #143
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,240
vCash: 300
webcast: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/team-teal-channel

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
  #144
Death of a Martian
Registered User
 
Death of a Martian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
thanks a million.

Death of a Martian is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
  #145
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I highly doubt people are "happy about it" as in "prefer it" but rather they are just happy that we actually have a guy like Asham as a healthy scratch that we can use in these situations.
Look around the boards and internet. There's a lot of "old-school" guys that are happy we are icing a tough team - they don't care about winning. There's actually been posts made condemning the Flyers for winning instead of fighting.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
  #146
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
There's actually been posts made condemning the Flyers for winning instead of fighting.
Post a link to one. I'd love to see one of these "condemnations for winning".

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
  #147
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Do we need to have these arguments in every thread?

Just beat the ****ing Pens, preferably by 5 goals or more.

With fights.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
  #148
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,945
vCash: 500
Crap, no Sopcast streams tonight it seems. I hate ustream and justintv, but I guess I'll have to be grateful anyway.

Vikke is online now  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
  #149
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Look around the boards and internet. There's a lot of "old-school" guys that are happy we are icing a tough team - they don't care about winning. There's actually been posts made condemning the Flyers for winning instead of fighting.
What BerubeBox said. I never heard anyone say anything like that and, frankly, anyone who thinks that isn't a good fan anyway so why would we care (what good fan would rather goon it up then win?)?

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
  #150
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust
 
flyersjamminontheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brandon, Friendly MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
whats the over/under FOR WHEN penguins anouncers bringing up how talbot getting his ass handed to him by carcillo was the turning point in the series? first 5 mins of first period is my bet. seriously, carcillo folded him up into a pretzel and put him in his back pocket, it was kinda pathetic.

lets go flyers!

flyersjamminontheone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.