HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lafleur book due out soon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2009, 08:38 AM
  #1
justsomeguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
New Lafleur book due out soon

Some question as to the author though.

http://www.amazon.ca/Guy-Lafleur-Per...336368-2627047

or

http://transitpublishing.com/Guy_Lafleur.php


Last edited by justsomeguy: 10-08-2009 at 09:42 AM.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 08:43 AM
  #2
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
hahaha, not your fault man, but this is so badly timed.

I just imagined the reaction of some fans coming to vent on hf after last nights performance and bam " Lafleur announces new cash grab".

Thanks for the info though.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
  #3
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,735
vCash: 255
Screw the haters, I can't wait for this book to come out.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
  #4
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
All Lafleur thinks is MONEY!

I don't know what kind of player he was... was he selfish on the ice?

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
  #5
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
All Lafleur thinks is MONEY!

I don't know what kind of player he was... was he selfish on the ice?
Open your naive eyes, all the WHOLE WORLD and everybody in it thinks is MONEY!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:33 AM
  #6
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,735
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
All Lafleur thinks is MONEY!

I don't know what kind of player he was... was he selfish on the ice?
So are you trying to tell me that you don't think of money? If that's the case, you can come work for me, and I'll pay you in jelly beans.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:36 AM
  #7
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
So are you trying to tell me that you don't think of money? If that's the case, you can come work for me, and I'll pay you in jelly beans.
make it skittles

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
  #8
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,735
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
make it skittles
You think he's worth skittles?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
  #9
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
One time skittles were just as good a quarters!

When i was a kid me and my friends would use skittles to get candy out of those 25 cent candy machines. All you had to do was step on the skittle to flatten it out, put it in the coin slot and turn and it worked. I don't think that scam works on the newer machines though .

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
  #10
Peacock
Registered User
 
Peacock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
One time skittles were just as good a quarters!

When i was a kid me and my friends would use skittles to get candy out of those 25 cent candy machines. All you had to do was step on the skittle to flatten it out, put it in the coin slot and turn and it worked. I don't think that scam works on the newer machines though .
I suddenly wish I could go back in time to test it out.

And that book seems interesting, should be a good read. I've heard that Dryden also has one of the better hockey books out there, anyone know the title?

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
  #11
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,735
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
I suddenly wish I could go back in time to test it out.

And that book seems interesting, should be a good read. I've heard that Dryden also has one of the better hockey books out there, anyone know the title?
It's called "The Game", I would highly recommend picking up a copy.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
  #12
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It's called "The Game", I would highly recommend picking up a copy.
Watching Lafleur play his entire career was a highlight of my sport watching life, but given all he's had to say and the issues that he's found himself in the middle of, I just can't imagine what he'd have to say that I'd be interested in.

What's left ?

Supply and demand though. Publishers don't publish if they think no one wants to read 'em.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
  #13
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,735
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Watching Lafleur play his entire career was a highlight of my sport watching life, but given all he's had to say and the issues that he's found himself in the middle of, I just can't imagine what he'd have to say that I'd be interested in.

What's left ?

Supply and demand though. Publishers don't publish if they think no one wants to read 'em.
Nicely said mcphee, I agree with you 100%. I wish some of our younger fans would have been old enough to see him play live.

I see your point, but from the articles we read we usually just get to scratch the surface on a topic. While I find reading a book is more in depth, and allows you to better understand why something was said or done.

Besides I'm just a hockey nut. If it's about hockey, there's a good chance I've read it. Or it's on my list to read in the future.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:31 AM
  #14
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LA via Montreal
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Lafleur was the best player in the world for 5 years or so. Electrifying. People don't know.

And, I like his comments to be honest. I rarely disagree with him. He's a genuine person, not a corporate robot. I like that about him.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
  #15
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Lafleur was the best player in the world for 5 years or so. Electrifying. People don't know.

And, I like his comments to be honest. I rarely disagree with him. He's a genuine person, not a corporate robot. I like that about him.
That's fine when you're having a few cold ones, but not so fine when you're representing someone and on their payroll. Further, when envy is showing as it usually is, it doesn't strike me as telling it like it is, it smells more like bitterness, but oh well, we all have issues, he just has someone willing to put his random thoughts out there for all to see.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.