HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/07/09 - Habs lose 7-1 to Canucks: Your Evaluation

Old
10-08-2009, 12:41 AM
totalrecall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
If true I really can't blame him. I just hope with our luck we don't hear later that he broke his hand.
Was about to say the same thing. If he breaks his hand and out for 3 months....

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:41 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well Bergeron would cover Weber eventually. Beyond that, you have a point. Glumac might not be a bad 4th liner? *shrug*
Pyatt would do a better job than alot of our kids.. This guy play like a NHLer.. I liked Ryan White's last exhibition game.. Subban couldnt do worst than Weber, I think we should give Subban a try.. I would call Nielsen up and send Stewart down to give him a serious message..

To Hamilton: MaxPac, Weber, Stewart, Dagostini..

To MTL: Subban Bergeron Pyatt Nielsen

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Pyatt would do a better job than alot of our kids.. This guy play like a NHLer.. I liked Ryan White's last exhibition game.. Subban couldnt do worst than Weber, I think we should give Subban a try.. I would call Nielsen up and send Stewart down to give him a serious message..

To Hamilton: MaxPac, Weber, Stewart, Dagostini..

To MTL: Subban Bergeron Pyatt Nielsen
Disagreed on Subban. You're arguing on one hand to send down guys who are not ready and on the other to rush a prospect. Check out Mike Green's AHL stats. No reason to rush the offensive defenseman.

Weber wasn't bad, green in his own end, but this wasn't exactly a banner game for anyone.

Bergeron will replace Weber in due course.

Pyatt I might consider.

D'Agostini though would need to clear waivers...

And who exactly plays on the second line in your scenario?

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Tonight, yeah, he sucked. Who didn't ?

Last night, he looked good. He looked like what I'd expect from Hal Gill, but then again I've been watching him for a long ass time. In the two wins, he looked ok. Made a gaff in the leafs game the lead to a goal, but **** happens. Otherwise fine.

I think far too many of you expect him to be better than. Tonight is game that will be forgotten.

With that, time for Killzone and the lounge.
he is a constant public danger in the defensive zone, he is so tentative, its going to fast for him..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:54 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
You've inspired me.

=)
Well done, great avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007
Carey Price punched a hole in the dressing room wall...

Per Team 1040
For some reason I think this is awesome. Shows (if true) he has character.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the difference was, against Calgary if Halak had made that one extra save it could have meant 2 points, today it would have meant nothing.
That's not a provable claim, if Price had saved any of the first 4 goals, things might have ended differently. i.e. Instead of the Canucks scoring first, Price makes a great save, we then get a lead, the 0-3 Nucks start playing on their heels and we end up winning. or Price saves the 2nd or 3rd goal and its a very different game in the 2nd down 2-1 than 3-1. (esp. with a 0-3 team with low confidence) or Price saves the 4th goal and we continue dominating the 2nd period and get one or two back before the end, etc

Anyways, not that it makes a difference, but it's not a valid argument. There are lots of momentum shifts in hockey; there are countless examples of games that begin looking like blowouts only to be turned around by a hot goalie making big saves to keep the score close enough to allow his team to get back into the game. (Cam Ward in game 3 in 06' is the best example I can think of off the top of my head)

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post

Per Team 1040
He should go in the Canucks dressing room and punch a hole in that mother****ing 4M$ dressing room.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:05 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He should go in the Canucks dressing room and punch a hole in that mother****ing 4M$ dressing room.
it'd be kinda funny though cause then he'd have to pay for it

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Ty Webb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post

Per Team 1040
Making him the only Hab who gives a crap apparently. Maybe he should teach Gill to throw a punch. Even as a Canuck fan I want to ****ing strangle AKost for being the laziest sack of crap I've ever seen. Looks like the Habs play the Nucks about as well as the Nucks play the Avs. No matter, both teams will make the PO and go from there.

Ty Webb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:11 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Disagreed on Subban. You're arguing on one hand to send down guys who are not ready and on the other to rush a prospect. Check out Mike Green's AHL stats. No reason to rush the offensive defenseman.

Weber wasn't bad, green in his own end, but this wasn't exactly a banner game for anyone.

Bergeron will replace Weber in due course.

Pyatt I might consider.

D'Agostini though would need to clear waivers...

And who exactly plays on the second line in your scenario?
Unfortunately.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:14 AM
yathehabsrule

At least his family showed up.

A couple comments from Price and coach Martin

yathehabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Stradale

I have this crazy idea with Subban being called up as 7th D and playing wing on the 4th line to replace Stewie.

Subban-Metropolit-Laraque.... the OREO line

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Weber had a very rough night. I mean, alot of the players did but weber was absolutely lost. Being at the game, I was able to watch weber shift by shift and he has alot of work to do in his own end.

The other issue is the pk obviously. The wins have sort of masked the fact that the pk has been dreadful. They havent gone a game without allowing a pp goal, most of the time, they allow more than 1 too.

If you take these issues aside, the game wasnt nearly as bad as the score indicates.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:19 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I have this crazy idea with Subban being called up as 7th D and playing wing on the 4th line to replace Stewie.

Subban-Metropolit-Laraque.... the OREO line
I don't know wether to , or

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:33 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
The team let down Price, that's all there is to it.

I can't even believe Gill basically lost that fight to Rypien..
I was at the game and that fight was more embarasing than the loss itself. Fans were actually laughing.
Hard to watch if you were a Habs fan.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:53 AM
otto84

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I was at the game and that fight was more embarasing than the loss itself. Fans were actually laughing.
Hard to watch if you were a Habs fan.

Omg, that fight was bad. It pretty much summed up the game, itself.

otto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:57 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
My evaluation (out of 10)

Plekanec 7,5
Latendresse 7,5
Kostitsyn 7
Mara 7
Lapierre 6,5
Cammalleri 6,5
Gorges 6,5
Moen 6,5
Gionta 6
Spacek 6
Hamrlik 5,5
Gomez 5,5
Chipchura 5
Price 4,5
Laraque 4,5
Pacioretty 3,5
Weber 3
D'Agostini 2,5
Gill 1
Can't agree on several players...

Plekanec had a very bad game. He was constantly mishandling the puck and looked like he was out of gas mid-game. I thought he was the worst center tonight. Chipchura had a decent game but he's pretty slow.

Moen had his worst game so far, he caused a goal with a weak play in the middle of the ice.

D'agostini had a very good game until the last few shifts. He was skating hard all game long, applying good forecheck pressure and even had a physical presence.

Now, I have to agree with Mara being our best defenseman tonight and Gill was totally horrendous.

We absolutely have to be better on the PK because otherwise it's going to be a long season. I think we're about 50% only on the PK...

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:12 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Canucks players celebrating 6th, 7th goals

A few of us were watching the game tonight and thought it was gutless how the canucks were celebrating their 6-1 and 7-1 goals, and then sent out their 1st line after it was 7-1 and only 2-3min to go in the game (probably Vigneault wanting to get the Sedin's some confidence with late garbage goals)

What are your guys' thoughts???

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUnknown View Post
Can't agree on several players...

Plekanec had a very bad game. He was constantly mishandling the puck and looked like he was out of gas mid-game. I thought he was the worst center tonight. Chipchura had a decent game but he's pretty slow.

Moen had his worst game so far, he caused a goal with a weak play in the middle of the ice.

D'agostini had a very good game until the last few shifts. He was skating hard all game long, applying good forecheck pressure and even had a physical presence.

Now, I have to agree with Mara being our best defenseman tonight and Gill was totally horrendous.

We absolutely have to be better on the PK because otherwise it's going to be a long season. I think we're about 50% only on the PK...
It's pretty disappointing not seeing any of our young guns step up to the plate - Chips, Pac, Dags, Weber, Stewie...you'd think maybe one youngin' from this pack might have emerged as a bright spot for us...but...nothing...

Last edited by Habs_Apostle: 10-08-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

they've been playing poorly, coach is trying to juice them up

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:19 AM
HabsKing

He only sent them out so that Henrik could get his first hat trick. And would we really been having this conversation if that habs didn't play horribly tonight? So who's really to blame here...

HabsKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 02:49 AM
carlweezer*

Maybe we shouldnt have sent Gomez out in the pp to run over Luongo then in the 3rd with 4 minutes left...

what did you think of that Rypien guy? i say best pound for pound fighter in the league..i heard his dad is a Gold Glove winner..

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Theodoriph

Well...if the habs had been competitive, you wouldn't even mention the celebrations for those 6-4 and 7-5 goals.

Why should they not be happy and celebreate because the other opponent played poorly? I remember playing hockey. Scoring a goal is always an achievement, always fun and warrants a celebration.

And why shouldn't they send out their first line? You want them to tire everyone else out for no good reason? You want them to disrespect your team by not playing their best players against them?

Theodoriph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

horrible loss, I feel bad for Price but he will rebound. He starts next game.

Lets not forget who we were playing, a Canucks team that had lost their last 3, and their captain booed of the ice. They came out starving and we came out thinking we were going to float out of this one. Plain and simple. There needs to be a fire lit under our teams ass, and maybe thats it. Give credit to Canucks where its due, they stepped into their house and delivered to their fans after a horrible start to their season. We have to do the same.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Jsweenie

it was one game. two 'breakaways', one 2 on nothing, 2 bad bounces that landed right on the stick of a canuck, a cross crease pass..... the only weak goal scored tonight was AK's when he caught bobby lou cheating a bit. Despite what the stats sheet says this wasn't a poor performance from Carey, nor can you call it inconsistency on the behalf of the goaltender. If the rest of the team didn't look like they were two steps behind the canucks all the time and managed to play more than 10 minutes of inspired hockey then you can talk goaltending. This was a complete lack of effort on behalf of the habs and as always in montreal the goalie pays the price. Too bad the team hung Carey out to dry on what should have been a special night for him

Jsweenie is offline   Reply With Quote