HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Balej + 2nd DP for getting worst as a team and 1 million wasted!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2004, 10:30 PM
  #1
HabsYounGuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Balej + 2nd DP for getting worst as a team and 1 million wasted!!

Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!

HabsYounGuns is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:30 PM
  #2
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
Get a life!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:31 PM
  #3
Moumni_Bachir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Get a life!
HABS-O-LUTELY

Moumni_Bachir is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:31 PM
  #4
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
I'm sure you were one of those that couldn't believe how great that deal was when it was done.

Just shut up if you're going to say stupid things like this. Any DG in the NHL would have done that deal. It was a great deal. Nobody could have guessed that Kovalev wouldn't produce with Montreal. And it's not too late to start producing for him btw.

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:36 PM
  #5
HabsYounGuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I'm sure you were one of those that couldn't believe how great that deal was when it was done.

Just shut up if you're going to say stupid things like this. Any DG in the NHL would have done that deal. It was a great deal. Nobody could have guessed that Kovalev wouldn't produce with Montreal. And it's not too late to start producing for him btw.
Nope, I wasnt

HabsYounGuns is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:36 PM
  #6
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
I was actually one of the people that wanted Jagr more but I can't say I wouldn't of done that deal for Kovalev so please **** up and leave this board forver.

Traitor8 is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:42 PM
  #7
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!

THAT'S IT MAN WOW..If your so good go ask BG job...like someone else said get a life man come on

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:46 PM
  #8
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,261
vCash: 500
I assume it's your 1st thread ... nice work dude

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:02 PM
  #9
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
If the Rangers offered Balej & the 2nd back I would laugh at them.

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:04 PM
  #10
tnq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
typical moron :lol

tnq is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:05 PM
  #11
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
It sounds as if you think BG has done some bad moves...you obviously don't follow the habs to closely or hockey for that matter.

It takes one good game and he may take off, confidence takes a beating when you don't score.

If Montreal is to sign him in the off season he will come cheap and will be in better shape, CJ has said that Kovalev isn't in top shape because he played in easier systems and had less practicing like the Habs do...even Leetch struggled in Leaf practices because the Rags didn't play a system.

Before you say a deal is a dud, wait and see how Balej does for at least 2 full NHL seasons, your jumping to conclusions...this guy wasn't going to be a savior.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:08 PM
  #12
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
If the Rangers offered Balej & the 2nd back I would laugh at them.
If every GM could call a "Mulligan" then they would all look like geniouses and never make a bad deal, bad signing or coach hiring.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:21 PM
  #13
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
If every GM could call a "Mulligan" then they would all look like geniouses and never make a bad deal, bad signing or coach hiring.
100%agree with you.... I mean everybody must be PERFECT and can't make any mistake,I just can't understand that

EDIT:and Btw I should not even call this trade a mistake because It Is not

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:26 PM
  #14
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
It sounds as if you think BG has done some bad moves...you obviously don't follow the habs to closely or hockey for that matter.

It takes one good game and he may take off, confidence takes a beating when you don't score.

If Montreal is to sign him in the off season he will come cheap and will be in better shape, CJ has said that Kovalev isn't in top shape because he played in easier systems and had less practicing like the Habs do...even Leetch struggled in Leaf practices because the Rags didn't play a system.

Before you say a deal is a dud, wait and see how Balej does for at least 2 full NHL seasons, your jumping to conclusions...this guy wasn't going to be a savior.

It is obvious that the trade looks like shlit today, but it's with hindsight. I never would have guessed how bad Kovalev was. I don't blame Bob as much as Pierre Gauthier, for example, who's responsible for the pro scouting department.

Kovalev was a risk, a good risk to take by Bob. It just backfired, that's all. Win some, lose some. Shlit happens.

Though, I believe Kovalev will never sign with us. He probably would be better suited with a run and gun offence, much more than a systematic one like the Habs'.

deandebean is online now  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:26 PM
  #15
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!

Pathetic.

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:28 PM
  #16
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
100%agree with you.... I mean everybody must be PERFECT and can't make any mistake,I just can't understand that

EDIT:and Btw I should not even call this trade a mistake because It Is not
I honestly hope Kovalev errupts and scores a bunch of goals and plays like he can play and makes all of these negative types eat their words...same people here moan and groan everytime when something goes wrong with a team member, coach or the GM on this team. With some fans here there is just no pleasing them.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 11:51 PM
  #17
HabsYounGuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
I honestly hope Kovalev errupts and scores a bunch of goals and plays like he can play and makes all of these negative types eat their words...same people here moan and groan everytime when something goes wrong with a team member, coach or the GM on this team. With some fans here there is just no pleasing them.
I hope swallow my own words too!! But the fact is that at the moment this team is even blessed with Kovalev in the line-up! Gainey should have knew what he got by acquiring him! The fact is that we gave up a very talended young player who has all what it takes to become a solid top 6 foward in this league! We grossely overpaid and this is what make me bad! Balej is a can't miss prospect with huge upside!

HabsYounGuns is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:21 AM
  #18
Minos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
...Balej is a can't miss prospect with huge upside!
Who's an undersized skill player which we have plenty more of in the organization, for that reason he was someone we could afford to move. We'll either sign Kovalev or get a decent compensation pick. All things considered it was a risk well worth taking and one which may still pay off yet.

Minos is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:50 AM
  #19
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Though, I believe Kovalev will never sign with us. He probably would be better suited with a run and gun offence, much more than a systematic one like the Habs'.
Mogilny was damn good with the Devils! In their system..

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:53 AM
  #20
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
I hope swallow my own words too!! But the fact is that at the moment this team is even blessed with Kovalev in the line-up! Gainey should have knew what he got by acquiring him! The fact is that we gave up a very talended young player who has all what it takes to become a solid top 6 foward in this league! We grossely overpaid and this is what make me bad! Balej is a can't miss prospect with huge upside!
Can't miss? No, that's not true. He have 1 goal-4 assist in 13games with Blue Shirts.
That's not impressing at all.

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 01:21 AM
  #21
championhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
Hey HabsYoungGun get a f***ing life.

championhabs is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:39 AM
  #22
CHareth
Registered User
 
CHareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
Nice work, troll.

I guess Balej and that 2nd rounder are doing wonders for the Rangers in their playoff series - oh wait...

CHareth is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:58 AM
  #23
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
You guys are being a tad harsh on the kid, but I do agree. Kovalev had potential to put up a point or two per game and if he would have, i garantee you(HabsYoungGun) would have been praising Gainey. Weren't ppl complaining about BG when he signed Bégin off waivers?? With the "We already have enough small, third line players" and the "There's no room on the roster for this minor leaguer". Now everyone's praising him. Gainey knows what he's doing. We have so many young prospects in Hamilton right now, giving up Balej for a player of Kovalev's caliber was well worth the risk.
Anyhow, lets put Kovi on the top line and let him produce!

fufonzo is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:38 AM
  #24
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
Great move Bob!! Congrat, your are the men to rebuild this team!!
We'll get the second back (sort of) because we won't re-sign him. Kovalev was worth the risk IMO. He could have put this team over the top. It's not Gainey's fault that Kovalev decided not to play the way Julien asked him to... If anything blame Kovalev not Gainey for this trade going bad.

All-Star is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:50 AM
  #25
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
It is obvious that the trade looks like shlit today, but it's with hindsight. I never would have guessed how bad Kovalev was. I don't blame Bob as much as Pierre Gauthier, for example, who's responsible for the pro scouting department.

Kovalev was a risk, a good risk to take by Bob. It just backfired, that's all. Win some, lose some. Shlit happens.

Though, I believe Kovalev will never sign with us. He probably would be better suited with a run and gun offence, much more than a systematic one like the Habs'.
Still premature to call this deal terrible, in my opinion.

Mike8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.