HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - CBJ @ San Jose 10/8 10:30pm eastern

Old
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
I think we all know how I feel about the Sharks and the three most heartless players in the NHL--Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Dany "I Demand to Be Traded...Again" Heatley.

Jackets should be good for at least three goals. SJ's defense and goaltending has been suspect. Nash, Brassard and Umberger are about due for goals.

The only question is whether our defense can handle their offensive weapons. The Ducks came out flat against these guys on Saturday and they got blown out of the water. We can't make the same mistake.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I think we all know how I feel about the Sharks and the three most heartless players in the NHL--Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Dany "I Demand to Be Traded...Again" Heatley.

Jackets should be good for at least three goals. SJ's defense and goaltending has been suspect. Nash, Brassard and Umberger are about due for goals.

The only question is whether our defense can handle their offensive weapons. The Ducks came out flat against these guys on Saturday and they got blown out of the water. We can't make the same mistake.
And the Kings got flat Tuesday night and blew a 4-0 lead completely.

There can NOT be any defensive liabilities in this game or Mason is going to get lit up. We can't sit there and say, "Oh, we got Mason, all is fine." Mason isn't going to withstand a barrage unscathed; we HAVE to give him support.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I Will Carry the Flag to HP Pavilion.

I Will Don my free Rick Nash Shirzee (sp?) & hat, and be the lone white shirt in a sea of teal.

I Will be the only psycho fan at the CBJ tunnel during the pregame warmup.

I Will Take the Caltrain back at 10:30 tonight and arrive back into San Francisco at midnight, which just sounds like a bad idea but is worth it.

I Will...be temporarily hypocritical and think "Jesus, what did I get myself into?" seeing that record in the Tank, but then remember what I've been preaching since last year and that this is a NEW CBJ & that the records of seasons past really aren't a good indicator of what we are today.

I Will Hope to be the only fan cheering at the end of 60 at the Sharks' opening night.

Play all 60.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
I think the key to tonight's game is to stay out of the box. I watched the San Jose v. LA game and the Kings came out and took it to the Sharks for the better part of two periods before they started taking dumb penalties. The Sharks PP is their greatest weapon because they've got the players (like Thornton) that can play 1:30+ of it. If we play clean and make quick line changes and we've got a good shot at a win.

BTW, I picked up my CBJ calendar/poster from Giant Eagle today. They are going to go fast!

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:18 PM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post

I Will Don my free Rick Nash Shirzee (sp?) & hat, and be the lone white shirt in a sea of teal.

I Will be the only psycho fan at the CBJ tunnel during the pregame warmup.

I Will Take the Caltrain back at 10:30 tonight and arrive back into San Francisco at midnight, which just sounds like a bad idea but is worth it.

I Will...be temporarily hypocritical and think "Jesus, what did I get myself into?" seeing that record in the Tank, but then remember what I've been preaching since last year and that this is a NEW CBJ & that the records of seasons past really aren't a good indicator of what we are today.

I Will Hope to be the only fan cheering at the end of 60 at the Sharks' opening night.

Play all 60.
You will have an ally there. My sister-in-law, who we converted last year, (She flew here for Hockey Fest and fell in love with the CBJ), will be a few rows behind the Sharks bench sporting her Union Blue jersey.

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
BTW, I picked up my CBJ calendar/poster from Giant Eagle today. They are going to go fast!
I'm going right after work.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
You will have an ally there. My sister-in-law, who we converted last year, (She flew here for Hockey Fest and fell in love with the CBJ), will be a few rows behind the Sharks bench sporting her Union Blue jersey.
hmmm I was just coming to post that since I saw Mel's FB post...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
I'm going right after work.
so I'm off the hook for Mel and Missy's????? cuz I can't get there until about 5

Old
10-08-2009, 12:29 PM
CBJNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
so I'm off the hook for Mel and Missy's????? cuz I can't get there until about 5
I can try. I probably won't get to Giant Eagle in Dublin until 4:15. If they still have them, yes, you're off the hook. I'll send you a message if I can get them all.

Old
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

wish SJ hadnt lost to LA

I'm not getting my hopes up for this one but still excited to see how the team does.

GO JACKETS!

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

as for the game...I'll be playing poker at a buddy's but will be watching the game as soon as it comes on....this game is MASSIVE lol

-cbjnut, let me know...that's about when I get off work and was headed to the one either in dublin or powell....

Old
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I think the Jackets can win this game, a lot will depend on how the new lines mesh and if they can put pressure on the Sharks so that the puck is not in our zone most of the night. With all the talk about Brassard the real issue is Mason taking 40 shots a night of late.

Hitchcock will not tolerate 40 shots a game much longer, I expect (but could be wrong) a high profile checking game with the most ice time going to players that excel in that part of the game.

A quick goal or two by our top two lines before the game settles into a defensive chess match would be nice..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
AngryWorm

Another 10:30 start... >.>

Good thing I don't have to be up until late tomorrow. Go Jackets!

AngryWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Skraut

Slumping Sharks to host streaking Blue Jackets

I think we'll have a better chance of winning if we play with clothes on. But hey, streaking worked in Slapshot...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

Of course this would only happen the year that I draft Nabakov in fantasy.

Oh well, CBJ > fantasy hockey, so here is to hoping we torch em.

PP goals, thats my theme for this game. I think our PP will emerge as the difference maker in this contest. RJU is my pick as the hero.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

This game is critical.

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
mossylog
Go jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
I think the key to tonight's game is to stay out of the box. I watched the San Jose v. LA game and the Kings came out and took it to the Sharks for the better part of two periods before they started taking dumb penalties. The Sharks PP is their greatest weapon because they've got the players (like Thornton) that can play 1:30+ of it. If we play clean and make quick line changes and we've got a good shot at a win.

where did you get it? i went to giant eagle on stringtown road, and called pickerington giant eagle and they looked at me like i was crazy. i'm ticked off i didn't get one today.

mossylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
mossylog
Go jackets

if someone would make me happy and get me a poster i will buy you a beer. i made a special trip away from the real reason i had to come up to cbus and i'm a real fan that travels for all kinds of jackets events. pm me and i will give you an email address to my blackberry to keep intouch

ohh and its nap time to be able to stay up for the game. jackets are winning big 5-1

mossylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossylog View Post
where did you get it? i went to giant eagle on stringtown road, and called pickerington giant eagle and they looked at me like i was crazy. i'm ticked off i didn't get one today.
Giant Eagle on West 5th Avenue in the beer section.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
You mean the same Phoenix that blanked Pittsburgh last night? No brainer.
I think the Yotes are a little better than many people give them credit for. Like many teams did with us last year, they're going to be taken lightly (the Pens played their back-up goalie against them) and might have some surprising wins.

Having been swept by them last year, I hope the Jackets don't make the same mistake.

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:37 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

CBJSrague24..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post

I will be watching for you.. and when you appear on TV, I will toast you with the Cptn and Coke that i will be chillin with. Being one of the lone fans cheering for the winning visiting team can be extremely fun.. but be careful.

I was a Sharks fan when they entered the NHL.. and I know some of their faithful are extremely passionate about the teal

Good Luck eh!!

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Slumping Sharks to host streaking Blue Jackets

I think we'll have a better chance of winning if we play with clothes on. But hey, streaking worked in Slapshot...
Nabakov out, Hanrahan in.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Is Nabokov hurt?? or is this the CBJ backup goalie treatment?

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Is Nabokov hurt?? or is this the CBJ backup goalie treatment?
From the Shark's GDT

3.95 GAA
.846 SV%

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Hahaha, too bad he's on 2 of my fantasy teams.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote