HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: Devils @ Flyers GAME 1 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2004, 09:22 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Dude are you stoned? God I wish I was, make being at work more fun!
Just stirring the pot, A tad bit tippsy, I want to Revell in the sweet victory.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:25 PM
flyercide

vCash: 500
1st Star tonight has to go to Esche. I have to give him props... he played great. Had me worried when Devil's scored two quick goals but he was stellar entire game.

Few other comments:

Great game by the Flyers... awesome forechecking by Gagne on the first goal keeping the puck onsides.. than moving to the net grabbing the rebound & scoring. That was sweet.

Roenick man I'll admit his arrogance.. smuggness.. attention he craved annoyed me the first few years here but he is now w/o a doubt my favorite player. He is just total heart. I listened to him talking on WIP one morning few weeks ago & he's just terrific symbol of what a hockey player should be. When Brodeur pushed him than I think it was Brown.. went after him... giving him few shots Roenick stood his ground. Nice goal too on the PP.

Primeau well the same year Mario returned Primeau put up incredible ppg percentage. It's been tough accepting him in a defensive role.. mostly because at first he kept taking penalties for charging etc.. but seems like he's accepted the role and he's excelling at it. Awesome goal, goal of the night, which turned into the game winner.

Anyways.. good exciting game 1.. nice way to start the series which goes w/o saying. Plus it wasn't a snoozefeast!

Old
04-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Just stirring the pot, A tad bit tippsy, I want to Revell in the sweet victory.
Been there, done that. Sweet feeling indeed.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:27 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Been there, done that. Sweet feeling indeed.

Reggie Dunlop, Old time hockey, Dick Clapper, Toe Blake, Eddie Shor YEAH!!

Old
04-08-2004, 09:30 PM
bennysflyers16

Peace out Dudes, time to hit the pub, YEAHH!

Old
04-08-2004, 09:33 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Pretty good game, but when is Esche gonna get help on the D, we can't win the Cup playing like that! The reffing was absolutely atrocious, I know it's playoff hockey, but this was like a combination between WWF, Boxing, and Football. Shock to me that any goals were scored. NHL is going down the crapper if this keeps up. If we lose this game, plenty of pissed of coaches/players/fans, 4-1 on the PP's, give me a break.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Gert B Frobe

Got to give honorable mention to Kapanen - even with the two penalties- he worked hard and checked hard on every shift.

Old
04-08-2004, 09:42 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Got to give honorable mention to Kapanen - even with the two penalties- he worked hard and checked hard on every shift.
didn't pick up elias on that 1st NJ goal, wide open shot, not so good.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:07 PM
donelikedinner

a good start!
now its time to focus on saturday.

go flyers!

Old
04-08-2004, 10:42 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
The fact that Primeau is preforming on both offense and defense could tremendously increase their odds of going far in the playoffs now.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Teezax

Man I'm pumped after this outing tonight from the Flyboyz, a bit of a 30 second collapse, but a quick lesson learned that we can't let up for a second against these fellas. Any word from our friends who attended the game? How was the atmosphere? John, Bill, anyone?

Old
04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Primeau was AWESOME tonight, what a power move to score
Esche was on top of his game, you couldn't blame him for either goal.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:04 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Any word from our friends who attended the game? How was the atmosphere? John, Bill, anyone?
Place was rocking

I could have used the nice 3-0 lead to relax a bit.

How do we get just one PP ???

Our 4 penalties were legit, but we should have had 3 or 4 PP's.

Special teams and Esche came up huge tonight.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Place was rocking

I could have used the nice 3-0 lead to relax a bit.

How do we get just one PP ???

Our 4 penalties were legit, but we should have had 3 or 4 PP's.

Special teams and Esche came up huge tonight.
Hey John, you can change your user title now.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Wow is that John using a dancing banana? Damn dude, you must be happy as hell.......or maybe drunk happy?

I can't remember ever leaving a playoff game in my life sober, hell I don't even think I even came close once. Gotta drink alot, only way to release the tension.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
I can't remember ever leaving a playoff game in my life sober, hell I don't even think I even came close once. Gotta drink alot, only way to release the tension.
This is nothing for Flyer's fans. We had Cechmanek. You'd have to drink a case to release the tension watching him play. Thank God those days are over!

Old
04-08-2004, 11:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

time to look ahead to game 2, one thing to remember. Broduer is a good as any goalie i can remember at bouncing back from a loss. As good as we were in some areas tonite. We will have to play a better game to win game 2, because i am expecting the Devils best game saturday night.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:41 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

we have to keep up the intenisty, play the whole game, and not sit back after we attaina comfy lead

Old
04-09-2004, 12:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1403
I was listening on NHL.com and for some reason the Flyers station became non-existent after the second period. :mad:

Thinking the intermision was excessively long, I switched to the Devils station and the first thing I heard was "It's 3-2 Flyers." What the ----- ?!?!?!?!?!

Oh well it worked out great in more ways that one.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Esche, you are the man.
He played great.

We did however get alot of breaks. The boys have to play better.

Old
04-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
You guys played amazing and had a great game plan going into the game. Like I said in the other thread NJ has tiny defensmen and Philly took advantage of them by hitting them any chance they could. NJ sould have a new fresh pair in for Sturday, Hale and Albelin should both get into the lineup and I expect NJ to start game 2 like bats out of hell.

Old
04-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
time to look ahead to game 2, one thing to remember. Broduer is a good as any goalie i can remember at bouncing back from a loss. As good as we were in some areas tonite. We will have to play a better game to win game 2, because i am expecting the Devils best game saturday night.
Exactly!!
The Debs played a great game. Special teams were key. The Flyers got a goal on our PP, and shut them out on theirs. They win games.
We need to do a better job on faceoffs. It seemed like we were on the losing end of just about everyone.

Old
04-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Stonehands77

Outstanding game by the Orange and Black. Esche played outstanding, and some of his stops after the 2 quick goals by the Devils were unreal. Glad to see the Flyers come out and hit and play physical. Keeps the crowd in it and wears down a smaller Devils' defense.

I'll have to agree with JFF and others on the reffing, though. WTF was up with the imbalance in calls? I mean, even the horrible Devils announcers commented on how the Devils were "waterskiing" on Brashear and other Flyers' forecheckers a few times...how can they get away with that? Simply ridiculous. Still, special teams came up huge, and they'll need to keep doing that in order to win this series.

As for the Devils feed on Center Ice, good freaking God. Two things: One, the announcers suck...I can't stand Emerick's voice, and their color guy is just an idiot and blatant Devils' homer, thus annoying the hell out of me. Two, buy some cameras that are less than 20 years old, please! The colors were all washed out, making it difficult to see the puck and painful to watch in general, and the bar at the top running the score and clock was so difficult to read I often found I had no idea what the time was in the period. Can the Devils' broadcasts please be upgraded so we don't have to deal with such ghetto-ness from now on? Or maybe I could get the Comcast feed from Philly and then be able to laugh at Coates being insane all night? Please?

At any rate, a great win, and now they just need to keep up the intensity and take it to the Devils the next game. Everyone knows the Devils will come out flying...time to stomp on them and go up 2 games to none, boys! GO FLYERS!!!!

Oh yeah, and kffk, your posts were pretty funny, I must say. Made it difficult to read this thread at work. :lol

Old
04-09-2004, 08:00 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
This is nothing for Flyer's fans. We had Cechmanek. You'd have to drink a case to release the tension watching him play. Thank God those days are over!
Is it just me, or did Belfour look strikingly similar to Chemo on the (brilliant) Hossa breakaway goal in the TOR-OTT game?

Esche was incredible last night.....here's hoping that he's this years Giguere. From no playoff experience straight to the finals......but there's a long way to go, even in this series. Anyway, it was awesome to see Chico step up the way he did.

Old
04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
As for the Devils feed on Center Ice, good freaking God. Two things: One, the announcers suck...I can't stand Emerick's voice, and their color guy is just an idiot and blatant Devils' homer, thus annoying the hell out of me. Two, buy some cameras that are less than 20 years old, please! The colors were all washed out, making it difficult to see the puck and painful to watch in general, and the bar at the top running the score and clock was so difficult to read I often found I had no idea what the time was in the period. Can the Devils' broadcasts please be upgraded so we don't have to deal with such ghetto-ness from now on? Or maybe I could get the Comcast feed from Philly and then be able to laugh at Coates being insane all night? Please?
You should be fine for atleast the next 2 games, as the boys will be on ESPN2!

Closed Thread