Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sweden at the 2010 Olympics

Old
12-22-2009, 04:26 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Out of curiousoty, how much have you seen Enroth and Larsson this year to make that assessment?
He must have

Last edited by jfc64: 12-22-2009 at 04:32 AM.
jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:45 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
What's up with all the guru's thinking that Weinhandl is made of sugar or something I don't know. Man he is a hockey player and a rather experienced one too - he'll do just fiiiinee.

If Sweden could field almost all SEL teams in Canada cup in the 80's I think it is safe to bring a KHL players to NHL these days. Christ!

If these opinions had any validity at all then you could sort out a lot of Swedish star players from NHL as well. What about the sisters, I say they are to weak for NHL, and certainly for a frigging WC in *gasp* C of h0ly anada!1

LiveeviL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:29 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
What's up with all the guru's thinking that Weinhandl is made of sugar or something I don't know. Man he is a hockey player and a rather experienced one too - he'll do just fiiiinee.

If Sweden could field almost all SEL teams in Canada cup in the 80's I think it is safe to bring a KHL players to NHL these days. Christ!

If these opinions had any validity at all then you could sort out a lot of Swedish star players from NHL as well. What about the sisters, I say they are to weak for NHL, and certainly for a frigging WC in *gasp* C of h0ly anada!1
Well. Few SEL players would have such a difference in quality of play between big ice and small ice. With Weinhandl, he looks pathetic without the extra space out on the ice, while he can be wonderful on the big ice.

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Ribban

OK... I tend to be opinionated and give people crap about what they post, and I realized that I haven't put anything out there myself! Great!
So, here is my idea of a team, given the initial roster BÅG picked out.
Surely I would have liked to have Hedberg, but in all honesty, if all I can sweat is my back-up keeper, then life is not all that bad... Stålberg would have been nice to have too...

Anyway, here it goes:

Goalies:
1. Henrik Lundqvist
2. Jonas Gustavsson (Hedberg, where art thou!?)
3. Daniel Larsson

Defense:
Lidström - Kronwall
Enström - Murray
Grossman - Oduya
Hjalmarsson

Bäckström - Zetterberg - Loui Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Hörnqvist
Wandell - Alfredsson - Holmström
Steen - Påhlsson - Sjöström
Micke Samuelsson (flipped a coin between him and Robert Nilsson, who has really impressed with great energy lately)

Forsberg is not on. Time to let go. With all the injuries, and the only place of "conditioning" being the SEL, he has no business taking ice time from proven NHL producers of today.

Franzen is not on. Don't know about the injury situation, and even if he is "healthy," what will his timing and game be like.

So, three lines of production, and one checking line.

Wandell and Hörnqvist work damn hard, and look like pains in the opponent's ***** night in and night out.

Homer is.... Homer! Love!

Eriksson is a must. The man just doesn't have off days. Even when he is not great, he is good and together with Z and Bäckström, he could easily challenge for the scoring title of the tournament, no doubt.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:29 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

My last prediction.

Sedin - Sedin - Weinhandl

Zetterberg - Bäckström - Alfredsson

Hörnqvist - Wandell - Samuelsson

Holmström - Påhlsson - R Nilsson

Eriksson/Huselius

Lidström - Kronwall

Enström - Tallinder

Oduya - Öhlund

Hjalmarsson

Lundqvist
Gustavsson
????

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

What's the fascination with Wandell? He has no place in the olympics. The times I've seen him play he's been the other teams target dummy to ragdoll around.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Trotzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Well. Few SEL players would have such a difference in quality of play between big ice and small ice. With Weinhandl, he looks pathetic without the extra space out on the ice, while he can be wonderful on the big ice.
Thats funny because he was arguably Swedens best players in the Quebec 2008 WC.

Trotzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef* View Post
What's the fascination with Wandell? He has no place in the olympics. The times I've seen him play he's been the other teams target dummy to ragdoll around.
I've been watching Dallas quite a bit as of late, which is probably why I keep him on my retina. What I like about Wandell is that he is always in motion and has decent speed. He goes straight to the net with or without the puck, no sideways business, and demands attention from one or two defenders, which opens up the ice for the 2nd and 3rd wave. I also likes how he gets after the defense and finishes his checks everytime, which I don't see too much of from our blue and yellow boyz.

In the defensive zone, he certainly needs to watch the turnovers. He has a tendency of wanting to do too much with the puck; he also is a bit slow to recover to the boards for the break out after collapsing defensively. He rather goes straight forward or angles out so that the D can play the passing lane, but I would be okay with that given the energy he brings elsewhere.

I also left out Öhlund, as he is looking slower than ever out there, and although I like his strength, I don't know if he would keep up with the Great 8 and Crosby, nor is he mean enough to take a spot on behalf of Murray, Grossman or Oduya.

However, I don't think that BÅG's line up and mine will have too many common denominators if we exclude the locks (Lidström, Z, Bäckström, etc.)

Old
12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotzig View Post
Don't know if I agree. He was good against the lesser opponents, but against Canada in the semi, I wasn't impressed. Padding his stats against teams like Belarus, who were no slouches in the tournament by any means, is one thing, but I hope we're not going to be okay with sending Tre Kronor to the olympics and get silver or bronze.

Weinhandl has only seen Crosby, Brodeur, etc. on posters in his bedroom. I rather have a team of guys who have played the Canadians on multiple occassions, know their habits, have exorcised the demons, and know what to expect and react to refs, media, crowd, as well as the opponents and their style of playing hockey. Whining about what we think it ought to have been and "fuskisar" after the game is getting rather old to listen to.

Old
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotzig View Post
I don't agree. He was decent. But it is olympics and not the world champs anyway.

Old
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Trotzig

Overall, Sweden was pretty ****** in the Quebec WC, tied for third place in scoring with 13 points in 9 games was way better then anything else any swede produced in that tournament.

Bu alas, I wrote arguably for a reason

Trotzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Moore Money

I see a lot of you putting Samuelsson or Weinhandl with the twins. I know they are great at making mediocre players good but if they played with a great player like Zetterberg/Franzen/Alfredsson/Foresberg they could completely dominate IMO. I would personally play them with Franzen or Foresberg. that would be a nightmare down low for apposing teams. As a Canucks fan I would love to see what they could do with a great finisher on the right side.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Macke*

Alfie is hurt.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Kiefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I see a lot of you putting Samuelsson or Weinhandl with the twins. I know they are great at making mediocre players good but if they played with a great player like Zetterberg/Franzen/Alfredsson/Foresberg they could completely dominate IMO. I would personally play them with Franzen or Foresberg. that would be a nightmare down low for apposing teams. As a Canucks fan I would love to see what they could do with a great finisher on the right side.
I would think it's mostly due to history.

Weinhandl worked great with Sedins in the SEL.
Samuelsson worked great with Sedins in .. some WC tournament? they played really well together tho. I think it was then the Canuck fans started the "sammy trade" threads.

can't for the life of me remember when it was tho.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
I would think it's mostly due to history.

Weinhandl worked great with Sedins in the SEL.
Samuelsson worked great with Sedins in .. some WC tournament? they played really well together tho. I think it was then the Canuck fans started the "sammy trade" threads.

can't for the life of me remember when it was tho.
I don't know what the **** happened to them but after 9 years it seems that they have emerged as elite players (especially Henrik) and they are still getting better. I think they deserve to be on the top line. Last Olympics they were nowhere near this level. IMO Z is the only better forward, and only because of his defensive greatness. This coming from someone who has watched them play every game of their NHL career.

PS: I'm Canadian and hope the twins win gold.

Last edited by Moore Money: 12-24-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
I've been watching Dallas quite a bit as of late, which is probably why I keep him on my retina. What I like about Wandell is that he is always in motion and has decent speed. He goes straight to the net with or without the puck, no sideways business, and demands attention from one or two defenders, which opens up the ice for the 2nd and 3rd wave. I also likes how he gets after the defense and finishes his checks everytime, which I don't see too much of from our blue and yellow boyz.

In the defensive zone, he certainly needs to watch the turnovers. He has a tendency of wanting to do too much with the puck; he also is a bit slow to recover to the boards for the break out after collapsing defensively. He rather goes straight forward or angles out so that the D can play the passing lane, but I would be okay with that given the energy he brings elsewhere.

I also left out Öhlund, as he is looking slower than ever out there, and although I like his strength, I don't know if he would keep up with the Great 8 and Crosby, nor is he mean enough to take a spot on behalf of Murray, Grossman or Oduya.

However, I don't think that BÅG's line up and mine will have too many common denominators if we exclude the locks (Lidström, Z, Bäckström, etc.)
I like Wandell A LOT, I've been watching Dallas quite a lot too. Sure I believe BÅG said a good thing or two about him earlier but being realistic, he won't make it. Personally, I wouldn't mind him on the 4th line though. Lets say Steen - Påhlsson - Wandell?

Anyways, BÅG will likely not have any common denominators to us, haha. He just seems to see everything in a different way than the normal hockey eye..

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:45 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I don't know what the **** happened to them but after 9 years it seems that they have emerged as elite players (especially Henrik) and they are still getting better. I think they deserve to be on the top line. Last Olympics they were nowhere near this level. IMO Z is the only better forward, and only because of his defensive greatness. This coming from someone who has watched them play every game of their NHL career.

PS: I'm Canadian and hope the twins win gold.
Personally I never got why Zetterberg should have been so much better than the twins...

Team projections update:

Forsberg - Zetterberg - Weinhandl
Huselius - Bäckström - Hörnqvist
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Eriksson - Påhlsson - Alfredsson
Steen

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Enström
Murray - Tallinder
Johansson

Hank
Gus
Liv

Last edited by jfc64: 12-26-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old
12-26-2009, 10:15 AM
joe89

If it's true that he wants M.Johansson and Murray, it will probably be:

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Enström
Murray - Strålman
Johansson

No Franzén =

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
No Franzén =
Leaving Franzén, our only power forward, off the team is just wrong. I don't care how injured he is, as long there is a remote chance he should be on the team. If he's not healthy enough when the tournament starts - fine, then you can replace him, but not before that.

It'll be interesting to see how right/wrong the Aftonbladet bit was.

Last edited by Riddarn: 12-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

With Aftonbladet's report in mind, this is my prediction for Sunday's roster release.

01 Stefan Liv
35 Henrik Lundqvist
50 Jonas Gustavsson

02 Mattias Öhlund
03 Douglas Murray
04 Tobias Enström
05 Nicklas Lidström (C)
06 Magnus Johansson
07 Niklas Kronwall
29 Johnny Oduya

09 Loui Eriksson
10 Alexander Steen
11 Daniel Alfredsson (A)
12 Daniel Sedin
19 Nicklas Bäckström
20 Henrik Sedin
21 Peter Forsberg
23 Linus Omark
26 Samuel Påhlsson
37 Mikael Samuelsson
40 Henrik Zetterberg (A)
80 Mattias Weinhandl
96 Tomas Holmström

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 07:23 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
And the final result is....

Målvakter:
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
Jonas Gustavsson, Toronto Maple Leafs
Stefan Liv, HV 71

Backar:
Tobias Enström, Atlanta Thrashers
Magnus Johansson, Linköping
Nicklas Lidström, Detroit Red Wings
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit Red Wings
Douglas Murray, San José Sharks
Johnny Oduya, New Jersey Devils
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo Sabres
Mattias Öhlund, Tampa Bay Lightning

Forwards:
Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa Senators
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington Capitals
Loui Eriksson, Dallas Stars
Peter Forsberg, Modo
Tomas Holmström, Detroit Red Wings
Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville Predators
Fredrik Modin, Columbus Blue Jackets
Samuel Påhlsson, Columbus Blue Jackets
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver Canucks
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks
Mattias Weinhandl, Dynamo Moskva
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings.

A bit dissapointed that Samuelsson and Edler are not among them. Hörnqvist, Modin and Johansson wasn't really on my list.

LiveeviL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Chimp

And the jackass brings 8 D-men and 12 forwards. This genius move while bringing a wild card like Forsberg.

And don't even get me started on bringin Modin. He must be BÅG's secret boyfriend or something, because he sure as hell can't have been picked on skill or merits.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 08:58 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
And the final result is....

Målvakter:
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
Jonas Gustavsson, Toronto Maple Leafs
Stefan Liv, HV 71

Backar:
Tobias Enström, Atlanta Thrashers
Magnus Johansson, Linköping
Nicklas Lidström, Detroit Red Wings
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit Red Wings
Douglas Murray, San José Sharks
Johnny Oduya, New Jersey Devils
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo Sabres
Mattias Öhlund, Tampa Bay Lightning

Forwards:
Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa Senators
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington Capitals
Loui Eriksson, Dallas Stars
Peter Forsberg, Modo
Tomas Holmström, Detroit Red Wings
Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville Predators
Fredrik Modin, Columbus Blue Jackets
Samuel Påhlsson, Columbus Blue Jackets
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver Canucks
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks
Mattias Weinhandl, Dynamo Moskva
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings.

A bit dissapointed that Samuelsson and Edler are not among them. Hörnqvist, Modin and Johansson wasn't really on my list.
Nice team, but 12 forwards when there are guys like Weinhandl who don't cut it, Modin who has been so so and a couple of guys nursing injuries? He must be pretty confident in his team..

Old
12-27-2009, 09:53 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
Leaving Franzén, our only power forward, off the team is just wrong. I don't care how injured he is, as long there is a remote chance he should be on the team. If he's not healthy enough when the tournament starts - fine, then you can replace him, but not before that.

It'll be interesting to see how right/wrong the Aftonbladet bit was.

Can you replace an injured player?

Old
12-27-2009, 10:13 AM
jfc64

possible team formations:

Forsberg - Zetterberg - Holmström
Sedin - Sedin - Weinhandl
Eriksson - Bäckström - Hörnqvist
Modin - Påhlsson - Alfredsson

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Oduya
Murray - Tallinder
Enström - Johansson

Lundqvist
Gustavsson
Liv

Vancouver Camp: Samuelsson, Edler, Enroth (Portland Pirates)

Last edited by jfc64: 12-27-2009 at 04:30 PM.