Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sweden at the 2010 Olympics

Old
12-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 500
8 D. That is so...dumb. We're not Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Can you replace an injured player?
Of course. Not after the tournament has started, though (according to some at the WJC/Olympics board).

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:

Lidström - Johansson

Why Johansson? Tallinder is much better.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:42 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Why Johansson? Tallinder is much better.
In playing sidekick to Lidström and not playing with Murray?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
8 D. That is so...dumb. We're not Russia.

Of course. Not after the tournament has started, though (according to some at the WJC/Olympics board).
Maybe Enström can play wing if a winger goes down.

Old
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
In playing sidekick to Lidström and not playing with Murray?
It's going to be Lidström-Kronwall.

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Enström
Murray - Oduya
Tallinder - Johansson

I have no doubt that those are going to be the pairings. I'm a bit concerned that only one (Johansson) of these guys is playing right defense at the moment, though.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:50 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Maybe Enström can play wing if a winger goes down.
IIRC tallinder played as winger a few times in buffalo. so i guess he's the guy who has to replace fors...ehm...the injured guy.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:50 AM
jfc64

Systemfel is almost a genious!

He picked 19 guys of 23 to be on the roster in the prediction contest. Napa was no. 2 and the rest had 15-16 guys right.

SF:s roster:

G Henrik Lundqvist
G Jonas Gustavsson
G Stefan Liv

D Nicklas Lidström
D Niklas Kronwall
D Mattias Öhlund
D Alexander Edler (Johansson)
D Johnny Oduya
D Tobias Enström
D Douglas Murray

F Henrik Zetterberg
F Johan Franzén (Weinhandl)
F Nicklas Bäckström
F Daniel Alfredsson
F Michael Nylander (Tallinder)
F Fredrik Modin
F Daniel Sedin
F Henrik Sedin
F Loui Eriksson
F Samuel Påhlsson
F Fredrik Sjöström (Hörnqvist)
F Tomas Holmström
F Peter Forsberg

Last edited by jfc64: 12-28-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old
12-27-2009, 11:56 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
IIRC tallinder played as winger a few times in buffalo. so i guess he's the guy who has to replace fors...ehm...the injured guy.
I think Tallinder is one guy that definitely stays in his own zone and takes care of defensive responsiblities.

Old
12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
It's going to be Lidström-Kronwall.

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Enström
Murray - Oduya
Tallinder - Johansson

I have no doubt that those are going to be the pairings. I'm a bit concerned that only one (Johansson) of these guys is playing right defense at the moment, though.
Tried to make the most out of the Johansson nomination, but you're probably right. Think Kronwall - Oduya, or Oduya - Kronwall is a marriage in heaven, though.

Another question is how much ice time the fourth defense pairing will be given.

Old
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
jfc64

I was thinking if BAG put together a "taxi squad" with players who lives near Vancouver...that could fill in for injured players shortly before the games...and I came up with Samuelsson, Edler and ... Jhonas Enroth...until I found out he plays for Portland Pirates in MAINE (east coast) and not Portland in Oregon (close to Vancouver). Maybe Ersberg is closer (L.A.).

Anyway here's the final results of the Aftonbladet Team roster prediction:

Bold = no bold choices

Goalies:

Henrik Lundqvist, NY Rangers, 22293
Jonas Gustavsson, Toronto, 19960
Jacob Markström, Brynäs, 9852
Stefan Liv, HV 71, 4095
Erik Ersberg, Los Angeles, 3542
Mikael Tellqvist, JYP 2876
Johan Holmqvist, Frölunda, 2096
Jhonas Enroth, Buffalo, 1685
Daniel Larsson, Detroit, 1023
Mattias Modig, Luleå, 221

Defensemen

Nicklas Lidström, Detroit, 21717
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit, 19617
Douglas Murray, San Jose, 16911
Mattias Öhlund, Tampa Bay. 14982
Johnny Oduya, New Jersey, 11181
Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay, 10741
Tobias Enström, Atlanta, 9691
Anton Strålman, Columbus, 7587
Jonathan Ericsson, Detroit, 6972
Alexander Edler, Vancouver, 6786
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo, 5070
Magnus Johansson, Linköping, 4074
Andreas Lilja, Detroit, 3338
Kim Johnsson, Minnesota, 2906
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago, 2273
Nicklas Grossman, Dallas, 2479
Niclas Wallin, Carolina, 2142
Daniel Tjärnqvist, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, 1836
Dick Tärnström, AIK, 1053
Christian Bäckman, Frölunda, 1050
Marcus Ragnarsson, Djurgården, 1026
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa, 955
Jonas Frögren, Toronto, 947
Niclas Hävelid, Linköping, 795
Carl Gunnarsson, Toronto, 764
Mattias Timander, Modo, 740

Forwards

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit. 22257
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, 21865
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington, 21743
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver, 21652
Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa, 21459
Tomas Holmström, Detroit, 19680
Johan Franzén, Detroit, 18862
Peter Forsberg, Modo, 17962
Mattias Weinhandl, Dynamo Moskva, 17119
Loui Eriksson, Dallas, 16124
Mikael Samuelsson, Vancouver, 12801
Samuel Påhlsson, Columbus, 12659
Kristian Huselius, Columbus, 12372
Linus Omark, Dynamo Moskva, 8635
Patrik Berglund, St Louis, 4323
Per-Johan Axelsson, Boston, 4199
Alexander Steen, St Louis, 4144
Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville, 4139
Johan Davidsson, HV 71, 3943
Fredrik Modin, Columbus, 3932
Tony Mårtensson, Linköping, 3540
Johan Harju, Dynamo Moskva, 3095
Michael Nylander, Washington, 2837
Fredrik Sjöström, Calgary, 2487
Fabian Brunnström, Dallas, 2222
Rickard Wallin, Toronto, 2085
Robert Nilsson, Edmonton, 1934
Marcus Nilson, Djurgården, 1266
Niklas Persson, Neftechimik Nizjnekamsk, 950
Joel Lundqvist, Dallas, 932
Tom Wandell, Dallas, 877
Martin Thörnberg, HV 71, 647
Johan Andersson, Färjestad, 378

Last edited by jfc64: 12-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old
12-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Snauen*

It is strange that Samuelsson isn't there. He has spent years playing whit the core (The Detriotians) of this team and knows them well on the ice. He now knows Vancouver and the Arena and people there. He's got chemistry whit the Sedins from the NT-team. He has had a great season so far ,atleast compared to the likes of Modin. He is a right shooter, sniper and a strong and gritty player..

Speculation; There's a conflict between him and Mr. Lidstrom or some other 'influencial' player on the team and that is why he was left out??

Snauen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauen View Post
It is strange that Samuelsson isn't there. He has spent years playing whit the core (The Detriotians) of this team and knows them well on the ice. He now knows Vancouver and the Arena and people there. He's got chemistry whit the Sedins from the NT-team. He has had a great season so far ,atleast compared to the likes of Modin. He is a right shooter, sniper and a strong and gritty player..

Speculation; There's a conflict between him and Mr. Lidstrom or some other 'influencial' player on the team and that is why he was left out??

I find it hard to believe Samuelsson should be involved in a conflict, especially with the swedes in Detriot. No, his abscence from the national team might have many other explanations:

1a. He is too allround. Modin is kind of allround to but given the puck in offensive zone is an immediate threat, and he won't whine (over 7 minutes of ice time)...like Samuelsson did yesterday.

1b. He needs to be sidestepped and angry to be a player on this team (just like Holmström lately). He is now.

2. He is the perfect replacement in case of injury together with Edler (do they have walking distance to the rink?)

3. He has scored poorly since demoted from the twinline.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
I only got 15 players right, my chance at a successful life is over - I better die...

On the other hand, I missed out the two back up goalies if that is an excuse. AND I still not agree with BÅG in 4 cases (Oduya, Johansson, Modin and Hörnqvist).

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Ribban

Quote:
I find it hard to believe Samuelsson should be involved in a conflict, especially with the swedes in Detriot. No, his abscence from the national team might have many other explanations:

1a. He is too allround. Modin is kind of allround to but given the puck in offensive zone is an immediate threat, and he won't whine (over 7 minutes of ice time)...like Samuelsson did yesterday.

1b. He needs to be sidestepped and angry to be a player on this team (just like Holmström lately). He is now.

2. He is the perfect replacement in case of injury together with Edler (do they have walking distance to the rink?)

3. He has scored poorly since demoted from the twinline.

Well, he is not "demoted" from the Sedin line. He still gets shifts with them thoruhgout the game, but the problem is that when he is with the Sedins, they have nobody "grandfathering" the kiddos, so they rotate him down, and he makes Raymond and Bernier look pretty good.

How Modin made it on is just crazy. The man hasn't played 10 games this year, and he is supposed to go on with best of the best in February?!?!? Even when he is healthy, he is slower than ****. Please... this is just tragic. Make this go away.

The same with Forsberg. I'm the biggest fan (I really am), but he hasn't played a real game for two years, and he's been injured over and over again. The only place he has played, conditioning himself, has been in the SEL, which standards aren't even up to par with some of the minor leagues here, and certainly not a way to prepare for the quick play of small ice. He was complaining about the high tempo, compared to the SEL, and fatigue in the Euro Hockey League when he was playing there for crying out loud, and he is supposed to play in a best-of-the-best?!?

...and Weinhandl... what is it with you Weiner fans? I know the man can finish. I get that. BUt, please tell me that we all agree that a forward's responsibilities doesn't end there. What are we going to do? Set up a 1-3-1 in neutral zone and pack people into the slot while hoping for the clock to run down against Canda and Russia? Maybe we'll fold our cards and let Finalnd take out the trash like they did for us last time around?!?! The man is not a good fit for NHL sized rinks, no matter what his stats where in the WCH in Quebec. The opposition is of SLIGHTLY different caliber this time, and from what I recall, our (BÅGs and Näslunds) only explanation to the loss vs. Canada in the semi was that "they were just too good." B.S.!!

I guess I could keep harping on BÅGs selection of Johansson and Öhlund, as well as picking 12 Forwards and 8 D's (with 3 forwards being highly questionable healthwise), but it is what it is. I do sense politics and favors being handed to the SEL to prevent it from looking for what it is, a bad joke, to the world by picking out as many disposables as possible. Imagine what it would look like to the Canadians and the Russians if Sweden sported a full team with NOBODY from the SEL?

I'm not even surprised this time. I am pissed though. The biggest hockey occassion of all times, olympic hockey in Canada with everybody there, and this damn clown get to ruin it all to protect some "småpåvar" in their little sandboxes. I'm so ****ing frustrated.

Is there even a checking line?!?!? Or do we not need one... maybe next time?!? I see Påhlsson... I guess Z is the only other 2-way player on the roster. Great use of him!

Z-Påhlsson- ????

I guess Börje Salming wasn't called upon becasue he left Sweden to play overseas at such young age. WTF is going on with Swedish hockey?!?!?!?!?

I just freaking lost it.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Snauen*

Quote:
Good point. It's a smart move from them if he reacts that way and plays better from beeing sidestepped. Or he might aswell react by telling them to 'Go and **** themselves!' and say no to the NT-team from now on and forever..

Old
12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Good point. It's a smart move from them if he reacts that way and plays better from beeing sidestepped. Or he might aswell react by telling them to 'Go and **** themselves!' and say no to the NT-team from now on and forever..
Then he deserves the rage of the fans.

Old
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Snauen*

No he don't. This would be a normal reaction under theese circumstances.

Old
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
KRM

Quote:
No he don't. This would be a normal reaction under theese circumstances.
Yes, if his name was Zetterberg, Sedin, or Lundqvist, but now we're talking about Mikael Samuelsson.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Snauen*

Don't know how I became the 'Samuelsson-defender' around here. Guess someone have to do that though to make things right;

He is probably going to have his best season ever if he continues on the pace and form he has now. This, despite leaving last seasons top-team Detroit to become a rookie on the mediocre 2nd-3d lines of Vancouver.

He isd a right shooter. He seems impossible to knock down or trip. Has extremly good balance on the skates, and some gritt. Wich makes him a better physical precence than fo. ex. Modin.
He is the perfect third or fourth line player in the olympics. And PP substitute/Compliment.

Last edited by Snauen*: 12-31-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old
01-01-2010, 05:27 PM
jfc64

Quote:
No he don't. This would be a normal reaction under these circumstances.
No way, man. Team first. Being a marginal player and think he is safe is just stupid.

"Hey, I'm better than Fredrik Modin will be in one month"

My explanation to his outburst is that he didn't understand what he said. It just came out in pidgin english.

Last edited by jfc64: 01-01-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old
01-01-2010, 05:37 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
I only got 15 players right, my chance at a successful life is over - I better die...

On the other hand, I missed out the two back up goalies if that is an excuse. AND I still not agree with BÅG in 4 cases (Oduya, Johansson, Modin and Hörnqvist).
At least we didn't pick MICHAEL NYLANDER for our teams...like that moderator, SYTEM FAWLTY

Last edited by jfc64: 01-01-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old
01-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Tomas W

Sammy is better offensively right now than both Modin and Påhlsson. My guess though would be that both Modin and Påhlsson is seen as defensive forwards.

A bit worrying that the Blue Jackets look so terribly bad right now, that makes also Modin and Påhlsson look pretty bad as defensive forwards (right now).

The CBJ is dead last in goal against, not good Påhlsson, not good at all.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:05 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Sammy is better offensively right now than both Modin and Påhlsson. My guess though would be that both Modin and Påhlsson is seen as defensive forwards.

A bit worrying that the Blue Jackets look so terribly bad right now, that makes also Modin and Påhlsson look pretty bad as defensive forwards (right now).

The CBJ is dead last in goal against, not good Påhlsson, not good at all.
Yeah, well CBJ is getting horrid goaltending. S.Mason is competing with Toskala to be the worst in the whole league right now, backups included. Påhlsson will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Is there even a checking line?!?!? Or do we not need one... maybe next time?!? I see Påhlsson... I guess Z is the only other 2-way player on the roster. Great use of him!

Z-Påhlsson- ????
You're kidding right? What about Eriksson, Alfredsson, Bäckström for starters. Sedins are solid two-way players. Modin is one too, but yeah let's not go there. Name one two-way player not named Samuelsson who would've realistically made the team? Wandell, perhaps, but that's a long shot. The majority of our forwards play PK on their respective team, and for a reason. Do you watch the players play at all!?

Eriksson - Zetterberg - Alfredsson could possibly be the best two-way line in the whole freakin' tournament.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:28 AM
joe89

Is Franzén in? YES.

I really hate the guy, but shouldn't it be Huselius?

Wandell? Berglund? Omark? Steen?

Btw why is Steen listed as a Canadian on NHL.com?

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:06 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I really hate the guy, but shouldn't it be Huselius?

Wandell? Berglund? Omark? Steen?

Btw why is Steen listed as a Canadian on NHL.com?
Steen have Canadian citizenship as well as a Swedish one. He was born in Winnipieg...so I believe.

I really hope Husselius is not the one replacing him. Rather Mårtensson, Berglund or Steen take his spot. Perhaps even Omark who I like a lot.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote