HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O/T: Bruins fan going to 10/10 Philly vs Anaheim

Old
09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
mikeybuddha91

vCash: 500
O/T: Bruins fan going to 10/10 Philly vs Anaheim

Hey guys,

I got two tickets to the Anaheim game (big Pronger/Selanne fan) and got them in the all-you-can-eat section. 217a. I only paid $35 for each ticket, the morning they went on sale. Looking around they seem to be $53 each. Should I be concerned, or did I just get a decent deal or something?

Thanks (and I hate your team, but kind of love them)!

mikeybuddha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybuddha View Post
Hey guys,

I got two tickets to the Anaheim game (big Pronger/Selanne fan) and got them in the all-you-can-eat section. 217a. I only paid $35 for each ticket, the morning they went on sale. Looking around they seem to be $53 each. Should I be concerned, or did I just get a decent deal or something?

thats a way to get a positive response!

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
thats a way to get a positive response!
If you note the smiley, the "kind of love them", and the new-ish rivalry, it wouldn't bother you at all. It's an innocent/healthy hatred. Hartnell is my least favorite player but I'd LOOOVE him to be a Bruin.

Old
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have no idea, but if you already paid for them, I'd say your safe.

Quote:
Ditto that, except for the fact that I don't really even hate the Bruins. As a matter of fact, as far as rivals go, they're probably just about the only team I can really tolerate out of the east.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I have no idea, but if you already paid for them, I'd say your safe.

Ditto that, except for the fact that I don't really even hate the Bruins. As a matter of fact, as far as rivals go, they're probably just about the only team I can really tolerate out of the east.
I can agree with that. I actually dont even dislike them. I think Thomas is a sick goalie, and I actually like some of their players.

Meh most people dont like us though

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I will be at this game. Can't wait.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Did you buy them from the Flyers site? If so, you should be good. I'm not 100% sure.... maybe someone else here can tell you..... but it might be the family section which is cheaper.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Where are your seats in 217A? Just curious, you know.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:59 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Did you buy them from the Flyers site? If so, you should be good. I'm not 100% sure.... maybe someone else here can tell you..... but it might be the family section which is cheaper.
Got them off nhl.com > flyers > tickets. Did it around 11am the morning they went on sale. Always wanted to see a game in Philly, Selanne, Pronger. Perfect game. Pumped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Where are your seats in 217A? Just curious, you know.
217a-row11. I'll be the 240lb bald guy in a hoodie with the blonde gf...in a hoodie

Old
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I can agree with that. I actually dont even dislike them. I think Thomas is a sick goalie, and I actually like some of their players.

Meh most people dont like us though
You guys get it. I only hate the Flyers because they are good and I like them. I like how they play as a team and love to root against. They are the perfect bad guy to my Bruins-based hockey season.

Old
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Man, those tix are legit. Come down to the concourse and there are special concession stands where you show your wristband and get you food and drinks.
The all-you-can-eat section isn't a true section, it's more like a state of mind. There are a handful of seats in sections like 217 that are sold as AYCE in an effort to keep up the Flyers incredible attendance. Last year, this package was advertised a lot for early season games that lacked appeal.
The family section is around 222 and is a true section. Seats are $20 for adults and $10 for kids. My kids are small enough that when I want to take them both, I pick up one of these and sit the little one in my lap.
Oh, and in the third period, turn your head to the right during TV commercial breaks and enjoy Dancin Shawny.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Man, those tix are legit. Come down to the concourse and there are special concession stands where you show your wristband and get you food and drinks.
The all-you-can-eat section isn't a true section, it's more like a state of mind. There are a handful of seats in sections like 217 that are sold as AYCE in an effort to keep up the Flyers incredible attendance. Last year, this package was advertised a lot for early season games that lacked appeal.
The family section is around 222 and is a true section. Seats are $20 for adults and $10 for kids. My kids are small enough that when I want to take them both, I pick up one of these and sit the little one in my lap.
Oh, and in the third period, turn your head to the right during TV commercial breaks and enjoy Dancin Shawny.
Just discovered on Tuesday that he's two sections to my left now. I was like no ****, that's awesome.

Old
09-25-2009, 02:27 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Thanks Murph! That makes total sense. I was just happy to get the $35 tickets and "be in the building"...the AYCE was a bonus for me as I bulk up for the winter

Any suggestions on what to do after the game? We aren't big clubbers/party'ers but would be interested in a few drinks in the area.

Thanks a ton everyone!

Old
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Any suggestions on what to do after the game? We aren't big clubbers/party'ers but would be interested in a few drinks in the area.
Hop on the broad street line north (right outside of the Wachovia Center - make sure you each have $2!). Get off at center city and walk around. Ton of bars, stuff to see, very safe.

IF you are driving, it will be really hard to find parking up in Center City unless you plan on spending $25... maybe drive over to Northern Liberties (North 3rd / Standard Tap / El Camino Real) or Fishtown (Johnny Brenda's) are nice low key bars that are busy but not clubby/annoying. Free Parking too!

http://www.norththird.com/
http://www.johnnybrendas.com/
http://www.standardtap.com/
http://www.bbqburritobar.com/

Last edited by 143: 09-25-2009 at 02:45 PM.
143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143 View Post
Hop on the broad street line north (right outside of the Wachovia Center - make sure you each have $2!). Get off at center city and walk around. Ton of bars, stuff to see, very safe.

IF you are driving, it might be kind of hard to find parking up in Center City... maybe drive over to Northern Liberties (North 3rd / Standard Tap) or Fishtown (Johnny Brenda's) are nice low key bars that are busy but not clubby/annoying.
Thanks very much for that! We are driving so we'll look into driving thru Center City. If no spots to be had, we'll head to Northern Liberties. Thanks again! Can't wait for this game/trip. I love the Philly area.

Old
09-25-2009, 04:48 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Thanks very much for that! We are driving so we'll look into driving thru Center City. If no spots to be had, we'll head to Northern Liberties. Thanks again! Can't wait for this game/trip. I love the Philly area.
I would suggest Johnny Brendas or North 3rd if you head up to the libs for drinks and are also looking for some pretty good food

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 05:00 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
My girlfriend's mom actually just scored tickets for us for this game as well. Section 123, row 4. She won them in an auction for like $120 (for both of them). I looked them up on line and for single game, they're like $95 a piece . It shall be awesome.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Hey guys,

i don't hate your team... but your play by play guys are probably the worst in the league.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
i don't hate your team... but your play by play guys are probably the worst in the league.
I hear ya on Jack Edwards. He's easily bottom 5 in the NHL. On the other hand, Brickley is pretty easily top 5. I'd say that puts them middle of the pack or slightly below (since Jack's that bad lol). He does love the team/sport though.

Old
09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
I hear ya on Jack Edwards. He's easily bottom 5 in the NHL. On the other hand, Brickley is pretty easily top 5. I'd say that puts them middle of the pack or slightly below (since Jack's that bad lol). He does love the team/sport though.
I am also going to this game.

I really don't have anything against the Bruins...I have always liked Marc Savard and him being mic'd up during All Star weekend was awesome. It made him my favorite non Flyers player. I think it is just dumb the fans still booed Jones every time he touched the puck, although that's what I did, it was (awesome to use past tense) for different reasons.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 01:29 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
O.K. Brickley is good... but Edwards is just a flat out moron.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
O.K. Brickley is good... but Edwards is just a flat out moron.
As a B's fan, I agree

I just got here. What time should I get to the arena and any good suggestions on a cheap parking situation? Me and the GF are more than willing to walk but would prefer avoiding anything dangerous.

If anyone wants to buy a couple bruins fans a drink come and find me

Old
10-10-2009, 01:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1298
Quote:
As a B's fan, I agree

I just got here. What time should I get to the arena and any good suggestions on a cheap parking situation? Me and the GF are more than willing to walk but would prefer avoiding anything dangerous.

Times change. Unfortunately, guys like Bob Wilson and Fred Cusick and the skill they brought to broadcasting are rare.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Kambo

Quote:
As a B's fan, I agree

Most of the lots are $12, but the Jetro in back of the Linc under the 95 overpass is normally $5 I think. A bit of a walk, but nothing to worry about crime wise.
If I run into anyone with a Bruins jersey on or something I'll see if it's you haha. I hope you enjoy the wach and your stay though!

Old
10-10-2009, 02:10 PM
mikeybuddha91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Most of the lots are $12, but the Jetro in back of the Linc under the 95 overpass is normally $5 I think. A bit of a walk, but nothing to worry about crime wise.
If I run into anyone with a Bruins jersey on or something I'll see if it's you haha. I hope you enjoy the wach and your stay though!
WOW that's cheaper than the cheap lots in Boston! $20 is a good price in Boston. Guess I'll just find a lot and park then.

I decided against wearing B's gear since they aren't even involved with this game. Didn't want to be looked at as a jerk. I'll be wearing a red hat and gray hoody if you're up in my area. You guys have to kill the ducks for me. They toasted the B's and I'm mad at them (my 2nd favorite team is the Ducks but I'm not speaking to them right now )