HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Coming from out of town & 2nd Annual “Breaking Into Sports” Workshop.

Old
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Dizzy8729

vCash: 500
Coming from out of town & 2nd Annual “Breaking Into Sports” Workshop.

I was wondering if anyone has gone to this in the past, it's Nov. 14th at the arena. A couple friends and I are coming down from Pittsburgh (we are Sport, Arts, and Entertainment Mgmt majors), it includes the game that night also against Montreal.

Also, since we are coming from out of town, we are looking for a cheap but close place to stay near the arena (splitting between 3 people, not wanting to pay more than 50 each). It looks like the hotels near LP stadium are good options, and within walking distance.

Lastly, only one of us are over 21 (others are 20), and are wondering if there is anywhere we can go after the game to check out the music scene?

Dizzy8729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
belle

I cannot recommend you stay around the football stadium. There is a reason those room rates may seem low. I don't stay in hotels around town so I don't know the rates, but you might want to check out the hotels on Broadway and/or West End. There are several name brands you would recognize.

You should be able to get into various venues on Broadway and 2nd Avenue without being 21. You will be identified (by a wrist band) as someone that cannot purchase alchol when you enter the business.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
predfan98

I agree, don't stay on the LP side of the river.

Try the Hampton Inn on Church St. It has breakfast and is near VU.

Try downtown and the Tin Roof for music.

Are you going to have a car? The closer you stay to the arena, the more expensive.(in most cases)

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Dizzy8729

Oh wow, thanks... I guess I didn't think it would be shady around the football stadium.

I actually just checked out entertainment.com because I have a discount card, and it looks like I can actually get some decent deals...

We won't have a car, we are going by greyhound and it's just for the weekend. The job convention starts at 2 and goes til 6, then of course the game after that, so we will want to walk around and explore before, after, and on Sunday until we go back.

Last edited by Dizzy8729: 10-12-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Dizzy8729 is offline   Reply With Quote