HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets @ Coyotes (10/10/09)

Old
10-10-2009, 09:47 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Wow. Serious gretzky-era problems going on right now. We have no offense on this team and we never will until we have the money to sign a serious ufa player.

Let's face it, our rookies and touted draft picks are just not panning out. I expect more out of Hanzal than a bobby holik like game. I expect more out of mueller than a guy with a nice wrist shot in warm ups. Don't give me this **** about they still being young too. Look around the league. The league is being dominated right now by 18-20 yr-old players. Our guys are old enough to produce - no more excuses. Not when guys like Sam Gagner and Pat kane, little players, are producing. Our rookies just aren't as good and Turris is just too weak physically, which is why philly was smart and took JVR. Mueller/Hanzal are in their 3rd years already!! They should not be sucking like theyre first year players. Look around the league and see what other 3rd year players are doing.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Blue Jackets fan here. Just want to stop by and say I'm happy to finally see the puck drop in Glendale and its great to see a full arena.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
WJF, Chill.

Tippett has only been here for 3 weeks. It takes time to undo the Gretzky Era.
He looked like he was doing ok the 1st two games.

Let's face it, these lines he put together today are rancid.

Old
10-10-2009, 09:57 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr0oface View Post
Still not agreeing with that Aucoin goal being waived off on the delayed penalty. CBJ did not take control of the puck.
Oh, there's absolutely no question that the BJs never had the puck. That puck was loose like an ugly cheerleader after the homecoming dance.

I'm more disgusted with the power play. I don't care if Garon was magically replaced by Patrick Roy in his prime--those 5-on-3s were inexcusable, awful--the kind of crap that costs you the game. If the BJs get the next one, it's Over.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
WJF

1 goal in the last 5 periods of hockey

Old
10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
WJF

It was funny to hear even the BJ announcers making fun of Mueller on that last 4min PP

Old
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
WJF

0-7 on the PP and tippet still sends out Mueller on the point. Now 0-8.

This is PATHETIC.

Next game is a loss at San Jose. That will make us 2-3 on the season after such a strong start.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
MP

I get it--Garon is hot tonight. Even average goalies have great games, and, big surprise, we had the ****** luck to play against just such a specimen on opening night.

At least, I could believe that if not for two squandered 5-on-3s and a third period that's basically been one giant Phoenix power play.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:33 PM
MP

What a night to make a career backup look like Martin Brodeur.

The power play makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs with a spork. Torturous, fookin' torturous.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:35 PM
MP

That was weird.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
skr0oface

Evidently this team still has alot to work on. Not worth getting too worked up over. Just like the 2 wins in the first 2 games weren't.

Power Play needs to be better.
I like the Hanzal < Bobby Holik comparison.
The team looked flat overall. Doan was good but missed the net alot and hit a post with a wide open cage. Just snake bit.

skr0oface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
WJF

WHITE OUT, LOL

The only thing that was whited out was our ability to score tonight.

What a sad effort.

Why isn't Kyle Turris here? If we're going to struggle this much to score, we may as well have him in the lineup.

Doan off to his typical fast start. Why is that guy such a poor professional that he can't prepare properly for the start of the season?? Take extra workouts, play in extra preseason games. That guy should play in ALL the preseason games. Every year he comes in out of shape and starts slow. That's just unprofessional.

Mathieu Garon, Lol BJs, Lol

Good luck trying to sell out another night, boys. I wouldn't buy another ticket.

1 goal in the last 6 periods. 0 goals on white out opening night. That's PATHETIC.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:38 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

That game just irritated the **** out of me. How the hell did we lose that game, we controlled the puck for pretty much all 3 periods, we had so many PP opportunities, Bryz let in 1 goal, and we could not even get one goal against an average goaltender. I am pissed, that effort we put in and the fans that went to the game was all for nothing. WTF man.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:39 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

That was the single worst piece of "hockey" I have ever watched. Not one player had a decent game. No one stepped up and they looked like complete and total garbage. What happened to the system? Apparently, the Jackets found a way to beat our speed and it's with a simple trap. Way to go boys. Way to lay a complete turd on the ice in front of the first sell out in how many years? They should be embarrassed; I know I am.

There should have been 60 shots on net, but instead, it seems our team has forgotten how to shoot the puck AT THE NET. How many shots went wide? Seriously? 20? 25? Next practice should be shooting the puck at a wide open net and that's it.

Jovo looked like crap, Mueller looked like crap, Doan looked like a complete joke, and not one person was able to get a quality shot on net. These are the same Coyotes from the past; unwatchable hockey, no system, and poor shots. Fantastic.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I get it--Garon is hot tonight. Even average goalies have great games, and, big surprise, we had the ****** luck to play against just such a specimen on opening night.

At least, I could believe that if not for two squandered 5-on-3s and a third period that's basically been one giant Phoenix power play.
I don't care if you have Patrick Roy on steroids in there. Two 5-3s at home on opening night and 0-8 on the PP is UNACCEPTABLE.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
WJF

Doan played 22min tonight and all he could muster was a -2 on a night the opposition scored 2 goals.

Mueller played 18min and had 1 shot on goal (this is with him Quarterbacking a powerplay that went 0-8 against Mathieu ****ing Garon)

Boedker played 6min tonight.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:45 PM
ParisSaintGermain

One of those games I guess. We will live and die with the PP and the defense this year as we will never be a high scoring team. The defene did the job, the PP failed tonight.

On a side note, looking at Mason/Garon, the goalie coach is doing a great job in Columbus.

ParisSaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR View Post
That game just irritated the **** out of me. How the hell did we lose that game, we controlled the puck for pretty much all 3 periods, we had so many PP opportunities, Bryz let in 1 goal, and we could not even get one goal against an average goaltender. I am pissed, that effort we put in and the fans that went to the game was all for nothing. WTF man.
I believe strongly that it's never too early in the season for a coach or team captain to start flipping over tables in the locker room.

Old
10-10-2009, 10:55 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I believe strongly that it's never too early in the season for a coach or team captain to start flipping over tables in the locker room.
Maybe but I dno if that would do anything, if you ask me I think we played a hard fought game against a good hockey team. We should of won, we were the better team tonight, we made one mistake they made us pay and got a goal. I mean we couldn't get the puck in the net, simple as that, tonight we just couldn't do it. We hit the post, we got plenty of shots on net, we just couldn't do it. The players will be mad at themselves for ruining this night, I just hope a game like this doesn't lead to a slump.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 10:56 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
One of those games I guess. We will live and die with the PP and the defense this year as we will never be a high scoring team. The defene did the job, the PP failed tonight.

On a side note, looking at Mason/Garon, the goalie coach is doing a great job in Columbus.
No PP in the NHL should fail on 2 5on3s in one game and go 0-8 in a home game. No powerplay. I expect the San Antonio Rampage to score at least once. These stats are a failure of coaching and personel. I can see how a team can go 0-4 and not score on one 5on3, but after that, the personel needs to be changed. I don't care if you have to send out Sami Lepisto and Daniel Winnik out there.

Old
10-10-2009, 11:05 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Guess I didn't miss too much being at the game instead of reading this thread.

Jesus H. Christ.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:08 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Power forwards generally are slower starting than the average player. Iginla has been a notoriously slow starter himself. Doan isn't a finesse player and that showed on his attempted deflection that missed the open cage. He's in great shape physically and to call him out of shape and unprofessional is truly misinformed. He'll come around as per usual, but again, he can't carry this team and hopefully some of these supplementary players can step up. It didn't help that they attempted to put him on a line with Fiddler to go up against Nash.

Tonight's result was disappointing--especially with an opening night crowd--but certainly not as bad as Mr. "Chicken Little" is making it out to be. Definitely a case of trying too hard or gripping their sticks too tight, but hopefully they can rebound. This team isn't likely to be piling up goals, and Tippett's system isn't conducive to a lot of wide-open games anyway.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:13 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Guess I didn't miss too much being at the game instead of reading this thread.
You'll find that the threads usually parallel what's going on in the game. The yotes lay an egg and the thread becomes a laid egg too.

Perhaps, you can enlighten us on some of the more positive things that you may have caught at the game that the viewers at home may have missed (I ask this in all seriousness)

Old
10-10-2009, 11:15 PM
ssmatik

Just back from the game. Just an overall horrible game. I've never seen that many people be so quiet. I was shocked that they came out so flat on such a pivotal night. But then I got to thinking about it and I wonder if it really was a pivotal night for the players. Many of the hardcore fans and the suits built it in to a huge night to "show the world" something but I'm now coming to the realization that for the players it was just another game.

Do they really have a vested interest in showing the world anything? They know they are going to be playing hockey somewhere for years to come (most of them).To them it is just a one of 82 games that they need to play. I know Doan will be on the news tonight saying how sad he is that they let down such a big crowd but that just seems canned to me after watching the performance tonight.

I'll continue to go to the games and cheer them on but the cold business side of it really raised its head this evening.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Atrkl

Well, that was a fun experience

Atrkl is offline   Reply With Quote