HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As Koivu goes, the Habs goes.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2004, 12:47 AM
  #1
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
As Koivu goes, the Habs goes.

Since the Habs bad drought Koivu have like what, 1 pass ?

Captain Courageous have to take the charge and lead this team.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

could get both Koivu and Kovalev going..

CoupeStanley is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:53 AM
  #2
sonnytheman
Registered User
 
sonnytheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ithaca, Mtl
Country: India
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
In the 2002 playoffs, the Habs won every game in which Koivu got a point.

(I'm almost 100% sure)

sonnytheman is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:54 AM
  #3
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
Since the Habs bad drought Koivu have like what, 1 pass ?

Captain Courageous have to take the charge and lead this team.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

could get both Koivu and Kovalev going..
i cant see the point in putting kovalev on the 4th line this late. either he can find his touch this late or he cant if he plays on the 1st 2 lines. he cant do it at all on the 4th line though.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 12:59 AM
  #4
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Koivu was definetly our most dangerous offensive player tonight, I thought he had a great game. But I agree move Kovalev up.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev...MUST HAPPEN.

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 01:33 AM
  #5
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Koivu was definetly our most dangerous offensive player tonight, I thought he had a great game. But I agree move Kovalev up.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev...MUST HAPPEN.

Unbiased Canadian
It is such an obvious decision, why doesn't Julien do it?

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:42 AM
  #6
Wildbeliefs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
It is such an obvious decision, why doesn't Julien do it?
I'm not one to start rumours, but the fact that it's such an obvious line to practically every single person here really has me wondering if there's something going on that we don't know... I mean, Sax and Kovy played together for only one period?? BG goes out and gets a $5M first-line winger, and he's not even TRIED on the first line for a full game? Sounds really fishy...

I'm all for CJ's "gotta earn your time" motto, but hey, he ain't learning a thing on the 4th line. I think past experiences with Ribs, Czerkawski, Perreault have proven that, no?

Wildbeliefs is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:51 AM
  #7
Native
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
I'm not one to start rumours, but the fact that it's such an obvious line to practically every single person here really has me wondering if there's something going on that we don't know... I mean, Sax and Kovy played together for only one period?? BG goes out and gets a $5M first-line winger, and he's not even TRIED on the first line for a full game? Sounds really fishy...

I'm all for CJ's "gotta earn your time" motto, but hey, he ain't learning a thing on the 4th line. I think past experiences with Ribs, Czerkawski, Perreault have proven that, no?
I wonder too now, why Kovalev hasn't spent much time with Koivu. Once I learned BG traded for him, I immediately expected them to be paired up. Koivu has had a history of stimulating / revitalizing players in funks (remember Hossa's initial run, Kilger, Ward etc) and I'm sure everyone on earth would agree that's what Kovalev is in right now. I'd be ok with spreading the wealth if the scoring contributions were coming from numerous sources, but when they're not, you gotta place all the eggs in one basket and go for broke.

If anyone will help Kovalev get his game back its Saku... and of course, Kovalev himself. Good luck to us!

Native is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
  #8
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,266
vCash: 500
I thought Kovalev had a decent game. Perreault really dragged that line down.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:32 PM
  #9
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
In last week's La Presse newspaper, there was a short note that said that Kovalev was victim of an internal «putch» from the players. That some players didn't want to play with him, because they wanted to play with their old linemates. My guess is that Ribeiro wanted to play with buddy Dagenais. But that dosen't explain why Kovalev isin't playing with Koivu and Zednik. Maybe Julien has concerns about the defensive aspect of that line; Zednik is probably the less defenseminded forward on the team and Kovalev isin't much help neither.

Why not have two strictly offensive lines, a cheking line and a punishing line, as we did in the past.

Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Juneau-Sundstrom
Langdon-Begin-Ward

As for defense, well I think there is the biggest problem. Our tough defensemans aren't playing well. Souray relly isin't at his top shape, Bouillon looks smallish out there and Quintal is just too slow. I don't know how the team can win if the defense plays that bad.

Anyways, there's still hope!

Slick Nick is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 05:08 PM
  #10
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Juneau-Sundstrom
Langdon-Begin-Ward

Anyways, there's still hope!
Throw Dowd in Juneau's place, and flip Zed and Kovy and you've got a team there!

And for sure! This isn't the Bruins series, there's a reason why we play seven games!

GO HABS!

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.