HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#6): 10/12/2009 Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers 7:00pm MSG (HD)

Old
10-13-2009, 12:12 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
I just saw the highlights guys. I can't believe we scored 7 goals. I'm really proudo of this team, even if I'm wasted... a little bit. Go rangers!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:15 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Thats a good solid win over a team that is having a difficult time. Wednesday will be tougher against LA but the Rangers have some good momentum.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:19 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Thats a good solid win over a team that is having a difficult time. Wednesday will be tougher against LA but the Rangers have some good momentum.
LA? We'll be fine

Old
10-13-2009, 12:21 AM
ThirdEye

Why the way, how good is Gaborik? This guy is the difference between last season and this season. When you have a guy as good as him everyone else can relax a bit. Drury, for example, looks like he couldn't be happier. Best signing in a while.

Old
10-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I just saw the highlights guys. I can't believe we scored 7 goals. I'm really proudo of this team, even if I'm wasted... a little bit. Go rangers!

YAy Booze!

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
YAy Booze!
Yeah, I'm ashamed. Wish I got to watch the whole game.

Old
10-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i haven't read this thread yet....but i'm about to....but i just wanted to mention that this Toronto team is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really terrible.

They might be the worst team I've seen play since the Penguins were the laughing stock of the league and almost went bankrupt.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:47 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i haven't read this thread yet....but i'm about to....but i just wanted to mention that this Toronto team is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really terrible.

They might be the worst team I've seen play since the Penguins were the laughing stock of the league and almost went bankrupt.
the forwards aren't that bad per se but the defense is absolutely BRUTAL.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:03 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

It's not just that they're bad. They refused to compete tonight. They just puck-watched, stood still, let the Rangers skate all around them. Their 2nd period, they looked like an NHL team, but the other two periods, they just looked like a pee-wee team. They refused to get their noses dirty...

But yes, it doesn't help that they have brutal goaltending and bad defense. Maybe if they worked a little harder they'd at least resemble an NHL team once in a while.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:13 AM
OverTheCap

I made the mistake of thinking that Toronto would have a decent defense because it looked good on paper.

Boy was I wrong. Komisarek was always overrated crap but he looks nothing more than a 4th line goon who takes bad penalties. Beauchemin is not the player he was in Anaheim. Schenn has regressed.

Toronto is in deep trouble and Burke may have made a major mistake in trading a potential top 5 pick for Kessel.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:18 AM
In The Flesh

Sean "the heart of the team" Avery with ANOTHER two goal game against the laughs. Good win over a terrible team.

I'm pretty certain we'll beat LA, they've won 4 in a row, young young team, Ryan Smyth yes, but...I think we'll beat em pretty good.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Slick Rick 61

Towards the end of the game (I believe after the 6th goal), Sam and Joe both mentioned that Anisimov has been noticably better in each game starting with the Washington game. For a guy who isn't the quickest guy in the world, he's a very effective forechecker, and his aggressiveness is causing turnovers. He reminds me of Antropov in that aspect. Causes a lot of turnovers for a guy who doesn't have blazing speed.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I can understand why some people dislike Brashear, he doesn't always play the game cleanly.

But I also know that there are some Rangers fans who want the Rangers to become bigger and more physical. Brashear addresses both of these needs. Beggars can't be choosers....

+1

I've always hated Brashear (for obvious reasons lol) and hated it when we signed him. The guy is on our team now so who cares if he's a *********, you gotta support him. Fine you dont have to cheer for him but to hope that a player from another team belts the crap out of him. Now come on, seriously.

Wait till someone takes a cheap shot at Gaborik, you'll be appreciating the fact we have Brashear then.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:48 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
the forwards aren't that bad per se but the defense is absolutely BRUTAL.
But..but, they signed Beauchemin and the all-mighty Komisarek. They can't be bad.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:04 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
It's not just that they're bad. They refused to compete tonight. They just puck-watched, stood still, let the Rangers skate all around them. Their 2nd period, they looked like an NHL team, but the other two periods, they just looked like a pee-wee team. They refused to get their noses dirty...

But yes, it doesn't help that they have brutal goaltending and bad defense. Maybe if they worked a little harder they'd at least resemble an NHL team once in a while.
toronto played gutsy for two-plus periods. i disagree. it was an even match most of the way. rangers exploded at the end.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:11 AM
darko

Just finished watching the highlights and we looked good again. Sean Avery has definitely made us better since his return. 2 goals for Girardi and 3 point night for Redden - didn't see that coming haha.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
JOHN TORTORELLA POST-GAME:
Lol who is the guy whistling in the background when Torts is talking?

Brooks trash-talking him?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 02:35 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
the 2009-2010 Rangers, where the PP is successful, Wade Redden scores, and Donald Brashear receives cheers from the Garden; all in the same game. The Apocalypse must be coming.

This post cracked me up bad.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:45 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
The only thing I'll say about the Leafs is that they're more physical. You'd have to be after you add Komisarek and Orr.

But they are terrible. I thought they'd be improved and maybe they will play better once Kessel is back. But their defense is brutal, they don't have anyone on offense that scares me and Toskala is just pathetic. Also, Gustaffsson should help so I don't think they are a total loss cause. At the moment though, just brutal.

Still though, the Rangers dominated them. That's what you've got to do to these teams when they're down.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:02 AM
ohbaby

Don't forget this was the 2nd of a back to back for us, which is never easy.

So us letting down in the 2nd period kinda figured. But us having a strong 3rd was definitely, a pleasant surprise.

Bet you couldn't remember how many times we scored that many goals in the 3rd period, in the second game of a back to back.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:09 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Dizzee Rascal sucks though

Then again, Jeezy is only good as a guest...
Jeezy = Cheezy

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:11 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
On that note...

Maybe see DZ's head on Snoop with a word bubble saying, "Del Zizzle, my nizzle."
Dizzy in Da Hizzy!

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
You can almost see the hockey IQ plummet when we're on a 2 on 1. Pass or shoot? Pass or shoot? Pass or shoot? Doh! goalie!
dude...it's 4:30 am....don't make me laugh that effing loud!

Old
10-13-2009, 03:52 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

regarding all this Lisin talk...I thought he played very very very well, except for that 1 terrible, retarded, unfathomable decision to make that hit on a guy that was being covered by Staal leading to a breakaway against.

Ive liked what ive seen from him, he seems to be getting progressively better. I also like what Ive seen from Kotalik as well.

Really I have no complaints about this team, outside of Gilroy needing to drastically improve his upper body strength.

Old
10-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Sean "the heart of the team" Avery with ANOTHER two goal game against the laughs. Good win over a terrible team.

I'm pretty certain we'll beat LA, they've won 4 in a row, young young team, Ryan Smyth yes, but...I think we'll beat em pretty good.
I picked the Kings to make the playoffs. Kopitar might be the single most underrated played in the NHL by a country mile. Guy is frikkin amazing.