HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

A peaked healthy Forsberg 2009-2010

View Poll Results: How many points for a healthy and prime(d) Forsberg 09-10?
140+ 2 2.56%
130-139 9 11.54%
120-129 23 29.49%
110-119 27 34.62%
100-109 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Colorado - Anonymous:
"Of course, Peter is the best. But if I can't choose him, probably Joe Thornton."

They even forced one anonymous player to not vote for Forsberg, haha..

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Joe Thornton(entering his prime) had his point totals increase by 20 points in 05/06(one of the highest scoring years in the past 20) 100-110 is the most I could see out of him.

The 3 greatest players of this era are better than Forsberg ever was.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
BeauRoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Joe Thornton(entering his prime) had his point totals increase by 20 points in 05/06(one of the highest scoring years in the past 20) 100-110 is the most I could see out of him.

The 3 greatest players of this era are better than Forsberg ever was.

BeauRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRoger View Post
Beautiful response.

Listen buddy, Joe Thornton(a man who scored just as much as Peter in the dead puck era) is being outscored by the 3 greatest players of this era by a fair margin. Logic dictates that those 3 players would probably outscore peter.

I should correct myself. Joe Thorntons best season was statistically as good as Forsbergs best and Joe had less to work with(including a below average defense and nowhere near as good forwards that foppa had)

Last edited by Tavaresmagicalplay*: 10-13-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old
10-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Something slipped my mind. Wasn't 95-96 a ridiculously highscoring year(like 05/06) because(again like 05/06) the league tried cracking down on clutching and grabbing to the point where you could barely touch guys?

We don't have to imagine. 95-96 was even more high-scoring than post-lockout hockey.

Old
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
12YearExtension

Does nobody value post season?

Forsberg > Jagr if we take that into account.

He never did play in his old age, so his PPG is higher than it should be, plus, PPG is the worst stat to try and make any sort of argument on, Period. Any real hockey fan knows that(see Hemsky fanboys).

I think Forsberg was great at the time he played, but many players in their primes at the time would outscore him, like Yzerman, Hull, Francis, Sakic, and the greats like them, of our generation(the last one). When you figure Yzerman as a PPG on one leg and 38 in the Dead Puck Era, guys like Naslund, Jagr, Forsberg just don't stack up, to me.

Had Forsberg played an entire career, with post lockout year, fairly healthy(average 75 games), I think he'd be arguable top 25 ever.

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
Does nobody value post season?

Forsberg > Jagr if we take that into account.

He never did play in his old age, so his PPG is higher than it should be, plus, PPG is the worst stat to try and make any sort of argument on, Period. Any real hockey fan knows that(see Hemsky fanboys).

I think Forsberg was great at the time he played, but many players in their primes at the time would outscore him, like Yzerman, Hull, Francis, Sakic, and the greats like them, of our generation(the last one). When you figure Yzerman as a PPG on one leg and 38 in the Dead Puck Era, guys like Naslund, Jagr, Forsberg just don't stack up, to me.

Had Forsberg played an entire career, with post lockout year, fairly healthy(average 75 games), I think he'd be arguable top 25 ever.
Where do people get this from? Jagr always dominated in the playoffs. The only difference was that any time peter was in the playoffs it was on a spectacular team. Jagr was in the playoffs with tons and tons of mediocre teams and as a result couldn't go as far as Forsberg had the oppurtunity to go as many times as he did.

Jagr=Forsberg in the postseason.

Old
10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Where do people get this from? Jagr always dominated in the playoffs. The only difference was that any time peter was in the playoffs it was on a spectacular team. Jagr was in the playoffs with tons and tons of mediocre teams and as a result couldn't go as far as Forsberg had the oppurtunity to go as many times as he did.

Jagr=Forsberg in the postseason.
Yeah, whereas Forsberg stepped up in the postseason, Jagr was already at that level.

Jagr > Forsberg in the regular season.

Jagr = Forsberg in the postseason.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Forever27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
As I said in the other Forsberg thread, the guy is hugely overrated.

Forsberg won one Art Ross, in 2003, with 106 points. He beat Markus Naslund by two points and Joe Thornton by five.

Today, over 50% of HF thinks he would run away with the Art Ross, with over 120 points, at least 7 more than the league leader last year, a guy with some scoring ability of his own named Evgeni Malkin.

And don't talk about 95-96. Sure, he had 116 points, but he lost the Art Ross by 45 points to a guy who played 12 fewer games, finishing 5th in scoring.

A healthy, peak Forsberg would probably compete with the Big 3, but he wouldn't blow them away, and I'm not convinced he's win an Art Ross in this era.
Such overwhelming rationality has no place at HFBoards. You're on the wrong forum.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote