HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Sergei Kostitsyn finish this season in the Canadiens organization?

View Poll Results: Sergei Kostitsyn...Habs?
Yes 96 70.59%
No 40 29.41%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Does Sergei Kostitsyn finish this season in the Canadiens organization?

Simple yes or no.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I believe so. If sergei is smart, he will realize that pacioretty and dagostini are struggling. They are filling roles that sergei has successfully filled in the past.

So if Sergei keeps his mouth shut and put in his time, then the habs will look to him for secondary scoring help. There's not much else on the farm to consider, so sergei must make the most of this opportunity.

If Sergei didnt make a big fuss in the first place, I think we would have seen him up for the home opener, but thats his fault.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
I don't know... all depends on his attitude check, I hope he wake up and changes his piss-poor temper and work ethic, cause he has the feistiness and skill to be productive in the NHL.

I'd say yes, if only for Guy Boucher in Hamilton, the way he communicates with the players...

L4br3cqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
FuriousBob

I hope so because the way Patch/D'ags/A.Kost and lat are playing, if he can't do the job either we don't have a second line.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
BakerNator

I hope no, but I think he will stay.

BakerNator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I hope so. Only the absolute upper crust of prospects have market value that comes close to their upside value to an organization. And SK isn't in that crust. So if he doesn't finish the season in Montreal, it probably means we got squat for him. And I would hate for that to happen, since I still think he has good 2nd-line potential if he can get his act sorted out.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Bullsmith

We need a top six winger, Sergei seems to be the only guy in the organization who could fill this hole.

If you look at it that way, SK could well finish the season in Montreal. Personally I wish I could believe SK was a solution to the top 6 problem, but he's not. He's made damn sure he's a problem not a solution.

Hell if you're going to pin your hopes on a guy with less than 30 career NHL goals, why stop dreaming at Sergei? Why not buy Enqvist's contract his year and bring him over? Better yet Perezhogin would look good right now. So would Korneev. Emelin. Valentko for the ugly teams. Come on Molsons, open the bank, the KHL teams will sell the rights for the right price. Plenty of cap room till Markove comes back. Demote or trade AK if the signing works out.

And there's my real worry about the Habs new ownership. Do they really have the pockets to throw 5 million or more at a player who they'll dump and/or demote when Markov comes back. Because if they did that would be awesome. The way to really maximize the Habs brand value is to get beyond the concept of a french national team and focus on winning. There's far more money to be made in building a national and international fanbase than in appeasing a few linguistic purists who will never be appeased for long anyway.

Last edited by Bullsmith: 10-11-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
We need a top six winger, Sergei seems to be the only guy in the organization who could fill this hole.

If you look at it that way, SK could well finish the season in Montreal. Personally I wish I could believe SK was a solution to the top 6 problem, but he's not. He's made damn sure he's a problem not a solution.

Hell if you're going to pin your hopes on a guy with less than 30 career NHL goals, why stop dreaming at Sergei? Why not buy Enqvist's contract his year and bring him over? Better yet Perezhogin would look good right now. So would Korneev. Emelin. Valentko for the ugly teams. Come on Molsons, open the bank, the KHL teams will sell the rights for the right price. Plenty of cap room till Markove comes back. Demote or trade AK if the signing works out.

And there's my real worry about the Habs new ownership. Do they really have the pockets to throw 5 million or more at a player who they'll dump and/or demote when Markov comes back. Because if they did that would be awesome. The way to really maximize the Habs brand value is to get beyond the concept of a french national team and focus on winning. There's far more money to be made in building a national and international fanbase than in appeasing a few linguistic purists who will never be appeased for long anyway.
It's amazing how in this, re-tool, a lot of organizational depth went out the window. Whereas the team was overflowing with good players just a year ago, now the cupboard is so barren we are desperate to have Sergei Kostitsyn fill a top 6 role.

Remember this depth chart?

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn-Lang-Latendresse
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Begin-Laraque
Maxwell-Chipchura-D'Agostini

A year later, and we're praying that Sergei can fill a top 6 role.
The team, overall, just doesn't seem as deep, and a lot of the problem is the amount of money spent on certain players.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post
It's amazing how in this, re-tool, a lot of organizational depth went out the window. Whereas the team was overflowing with good players just a year ago, now the cupboard is so barren we are desperate to have Sergei Kostitsyn fill a top 6 role.

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Stewart-Begin-Laraque

The team, overall, just doesn't seem as deep, and a lot of the problem is the amount of money spent on certain players.
It's true. A year ago, the organizational depth was wingers, now we're profoundly short. Who decided that the Kostitsyn brothers, Pacioretty,Latendresse and Matt D'Agostini (who I have no faith in whatsoever) were the players to keep? Why not trade AKost and keep Higgins, at least?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Habskrieg

No, he only came back to give himself value on the market. He wants out. He is even ignoring the press. IMO, he only has one thing in mind, going to another team where he feels more free to do what he wants...

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I hope so, but I think he'll be traded at some point during this season.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerNator View Post
I hope no, but I think he will stay.
I'm thinking the opposite, I can't see him get traded, can't see him staying.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Axeshun

Honestly, as a Sergei Kostitsyn fan.. I hope he'll be kept in Montreal but realistically I don't think he will.

Axeshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Adam91

Yes, he'll be on the 2nd line within two weeks.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Stewart-Begin-Laraque

AS OF NOW, it seems to me how Gainey is 1 year in advance and not for the good reasons. Gave Price the net, 1 year too soon. Gave a 4th spot to O'Byrne 1 year too soon. Gives some top 6 or top 9 roles to D'Agostini and MaxPac probably 1 year too soon. Sergei still not having play 1 full season in the NHL and he's already in the doghouse....1 year too soon if you ask me.

Which then makes me believe that especially as far as rookies are concerned, we would have sent O'Byrne packing last year and now is a loss is a terrible one. Same could happen to the others. I just don't understand how people can just forget how we've let so many young talents go to see them flourish elsewhere. Aren't you tired of that or do you just love to say the "They would not have done it here" phrase we all love and cherish?

By the way, I feel ackward to look at that lineup....it almost makes me feel as if I miss it....Though knowing what I know now, I would have hated not to have Gionta on board....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-11-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Jigger77

My gut feeling tells me yes. But seeing as my gut feeling is usually wrong, I will say this.

I think both of them are probably on the trading block and it's likely every GM in the league knows this right now. Hello Chicago.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Erika

Sergei Kostitsyn deserves better than Montreal, so I hope that he leaves.

Here are the teams that I like and follow alot and that I hope he gets traded to:

To Ottawa: Sergei Kostitsyn + Mathieu Carle

To Montreal: Ilya Zubov + Christoph Schubert + 6th round pick

To Chicago: Sergei Kostitsyn + Ryan White

To Montreal: Jack Skille + Adam Burish

To Edmonton: Sergei Kostitsyn + Shawn Belle

To Montreal: Marc-Antoine Pouliot + Mathieu Roy

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 12:34 AM
JrHockeyFan

I don't think he will be around the whole year. He will eventually be called up but will be dealt for help on the blue line. It's the best thing for all involved.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 01:53 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

trade erika to chicago.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 02:10 AM
morgan_mtl

I hope he stays but if we trade him i kinda hope his bro goes with him. Like them both a lot but I think AK play is highly affected by what going on with his brothers situation with the Habs.

morgan_mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn deserves better than Montreal, so I hope that he leaves.

Here are the teams that I like and follow alot and that I hope he gets traded to:

To Ottawa: Sergei Kostitsyn + Mathieu Carle

To Montreal: Ilya Zubov + Christoph Schubert + 6th round pick

To Chicago: Sergei Kostitsyn + Ryan White

To Montreal: Jack Skille + Adam Burish

To Edmonton: Sergei Kostitsyn + Shawn Belle

To Montreal: Marc-Antoine Pouliot + Mathieu Roy

as nonsensical as your post is, schubert was picked up off waivers by atlanta

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 03:35 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

so...it...it was really tonight? tonight, was the darker darkest day in habs history?

Old
10-12-2009, 07:38 AM
TheCH*

I think he will. The farm system is pretty depleted, they need to do what they can to keep their best prospect.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Pascal

he might play a bit with the team but BG will look to trade him asap.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i agree. unless!!! unless he's a new man and starts playing like crazy. then we can have our ribeiro and get over it.