HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders 10/12/09

Old
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i'm not so sure it is.
The way the Rangers, Detroit and Quick are playing, I would actually put Quick in against the Rangers and Ersberg against Detroit.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Imagine this team with Gaborik....just sayin'.
We're not done yet.

Imagine this team with Kovalchuk....just sayin'.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
The way the Rangers, Detroit and Quick are playing, I would actually put Quick in against the Rangers and Ersberg against Detroit.
as would i... not to mention the fact that you're looking to catch a tired Rangers playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.

wabwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:16 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
as would i... not to mention the fact that you're looking to catch a tired Rangers playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.
Maybe that's Murray's thinking? That Detroit will be rested, and the Rags will be too tired to give Ersberg much trouble.

Old
10-12-2009, 08:27 PM
123slam

Quote:
Maybe that's Murray's thinking? That Detroit will be rested, and the Rags will be too tired to give Ersberg much trouble.
Makes the most sense.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Kings need to get a lot traffic in front of Lundqvist. The Kings will need more than two goals to beat the Rangers.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Not long term they don't. Lombardi offered Gaborik 3 years and he didn't accept, time to move on.
Where did you hear it was three years? Lombardi himself as well as Hextall both said we were only interested in one year deals with Gaborik or Havlat.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Where did you hear it was three years? Lombardi himself as well as Hextall both said we were only interested in one year deals with Gaborik or Havlat.
Everything I've read on here as well as LGK was a 3 year deal worth 7.5 per.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Everything I've read on here as well as LGK was a 3 year deal worth 7.5 per.
I remember Lombardi saying 1 as well.

Research time!

That was quick.

He said both:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi
``We were prepared to look at Gaborik, but we were not prepared for a Hossa-type deal. We were talking first about a one(-year contract), then a two or three for Gaborik.
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...-1-quotes.html

Old
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
I remember Lombardi saying 1 as well.

Research time!
i remember both terms being in print with quotes from Lombardi so either he miss-lied or one article miss-slanted it...

sweatypickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I see. Oh well, either way he would have taken the Rangers deal so I guess it doesn't matter, I am happy with Smyth anyway

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Kings need to get a lot traffic in front of Lundqvist. The Kings will need more than two goals to beat the Rangers.
The kings will need more than 2 goals just to beat Gaborik.....

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:26 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Interesting Stat...

w/o O'Donnell: 5.00 GAA
W/ O'Donnell: 1.67 GAA

Is this a telling figure? Or just a coincidence?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:34 PM
T2M

Quote:
Maybe Quick's a little tired and Murray doesn't want to burn him out? If Quick's playing 55-60 games this year, that means Ersberg's playing 22-27.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:37 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
w/o O'Donnell: 5.00 GAA
W/ O'Donnell: 1.67 GAA

Is this a telling figure? Or just a coincidence?
Very telling.

O'Donnell is more than just O'Donnell, until he matures more he is also Doughty.

Old
10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
Maybe Quick's a little tired and Murray doesn't want to burn him out? If Quick's playing 55-60 games this year, that means Ersberg's playing 22-27.
And I hope Ersberg does get a good chunk of games.

I'm not really opposed at all to Ersberg playing against the Rags, it's just not my first inclination.

Old
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

so, got home after a long day and watched the game. overall, i thought it was well-played by both sides. neither team had very many really glaring errors. i'd give the kings an edge in possession of maybe 55-45, but the islanders certainly had their chances. i thought the handzus line had another strong game, as did purcell. it was a very satisfying win, particularly as the way the islanders play, it really demanded discipline and careful play from the kings, and by and large they provided that.

the player i'm really NOT impressed with at the moment is jason williams. sure, he's picked up some points, but he doesn't really seem to be contributing to that line. he's scoring by diffusion through his proximity to kopitar and smyth. what i find surprising about watching him is his lack of quickness in his shots, which is why they're constantly getting blocked, and the real unsteadiness that he seems to have when he gets the puck. he's constantly bobbling or flubbing passes or missing shots. people have commented lately that he's doing the "little things," and i guess that's true. he is playing with a lot of energy. i'm not saying trade him this instant, but ultimately, he does not look like a top-line scoring threat to me. am i alone on this? is he going to get better? does he belong on the top line?

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
so, got home after a long day and watched the game. overall, i thought it was well-played by both sides. neither team had very many really glaring errors. i'd give the kings an edge in possession of maybe 55-45, but the islanders certainly had their chances. i thought the handzus line had another strong game, as did purcell. it was a very satisfying win, particularly as the way the islanders play, it really demanded discipline and careful play from the kings, and by and large they provided that.

the player i'm really NOT impressed with at the moment is jason williams. sure, he's picked up some points, but he doesn't really seem to be contributing to that line. he's scoring by diffusion through his proximity to kopitar and smyth. what i find surprising about watching him is his lack of quickness in his shots, which is why they're constantly getting blocked, and the real unsteadiness that he seems to have when he gets the puck. he's constantly bobbling or flubbing passes or missing shots. people have commented lately that he's doing the "little things," and i guess that's true. he is playing with a lot of energy. i'm not saying trade him this instant, but ultimately, he does not look like a top-line scoring threat to me. am i alone on this? is he going to get better? does he belong on the top line?
Jason Williams is a Red Wing.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post

Well based on the other 3 games the Kings won he looked actually pretty good IMO. Today his puckwork didn't seem to work. I would still like to see Brown try out on that first line, or even Purcell who had a very good game today. But it is still early..who knows what could happen..

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:17 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Williams has been great out there.

and no, no you do NOT want to see Dustin Brown on that line.

wabwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:28 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Williams has been great out there.

and no, no you do NOT want to see Dustin Brown on that line.

Williams has been better than great... he's been super duper great.

Dustin needs to remind himself what makes him so effective and start doing more of it.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
And I hope Ersberg does get a good chunk of games.

I'm not really opposed at all to Ersberg playing against the Rags, it's just not my first inclination.
We need to come out of those two games with 2 of 4 points. No matter which goalie you put in there, that's probably the end result that's realistic any way you go about it.

Given that NY is playing 3 in 4, playing Quick gives LA a way better than average chance at 2 points in that game, but I also think that Quick has something to prove playing against Detroit and he may shine there. Ersberg is going to play his pads off in either game he starts. He's looking for a #1 gig somewhere and I'm sure he realizes by now it's probably not going to be in LA.

I don't think TM can really go wrong either way... unless they don't get 2 of 4 points.

- T

Old
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
We need to come out of those two games with 2 of 4 points. No matter which goalie you put in there, that's probably the end result that's realistic any way you go about it.

Given that NY is playing 3 in 4, playing Quick gives LA a way better than average chance at 2 points in that game, but I also think that Quick has something to prove playing against Detroit and he may shine there. Ersberg is going to play his pads off in either game he starts. He's looking for a #1 gig somewhere and I'm sure he realizes by now it's probably not going to be in LA.

I don't think TM can really go wrong either way... unless they don't get 2 of 4 points.

- T
Saying you want 2 out of 4 is giving up one game before you even play it.

Every game should be played to win.

4 out of 4. Nothing less.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Saying you want 2 out of 4 is giving up one game before you even play it.

Every game should be played to win.

4 out of 4. Nothing less.
I'm sober. You're not.

Old
10-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Dustin Brown trying to play above his means is a line-killer. Dustin Brown simplifying his game and cracking heads is the one we've grown to love. I'm sure he'll come around soon enough.

Side note--does anyone have any clue what pissed Ivanans and Reichlich (sp) off so much? They were yapping for a good 5 minutes, and it looked like Ivanans was about to rub his nose on the ground...

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote