HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you have digital cable?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
  #1
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Do you have digital cable?

If you do, check your sports subscription channels. Although I did not subscribe to center ice this season, I'm getting the Leafs game on IO (Cabvlevision) channel 420!!!!!!

Let's Go Leafs!!!!!

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:57 PM
  #2
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If you do, check your sports subscription channels. Although I did not subscribe to center ice this season, I'm getting the Leafs game on IO (Cabvlevision) channel 420!!!!!!

Let's Go Leafs!!!!!
im getting it (the leaf game)
but for some reason the flyer-devil game on msg is not on? is it blacked out because of comcast or what?

Janerixon is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 06:58 PM
  #3
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
im getting it (the leaf game)
but for some reason the flyer-devil game on msg is not on? is it blacked out because of comcast or what?
Me too. I got some pre-game "thoughts" from Chico, then it switched to some black-and-white movie about dancing.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
  #4
Fitzlax99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If you do, check your sports subscription channels. Although I did not subscribe to center ice this season, I'm getting the Leafs game on IO (Cabvlevision) channel 420!!!!!!

Let's Go Leafs!!!!!
A most excellent call Melrose!

For those of you with Time Warner, its channel 441. We also have the Flyers-Devs game on MSG.

Fitzlax99 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:39 PM
  #5
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzlax99
We also have the Flyers-Devs game on MSG.
Cablevision blacked out the 1st period of NJD/PHI, but it came back on during the first intermission and has remained on since. Weird.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:40 PM
  #6
NYR2
Registered User
 
NYR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
I think we're going to be switching to digital tomorrow, I just don't know if I'd be able to get the games like you guys are. Man, if I do, I will cry tears of joy. I'm listening to the Leafs/Sens online and it's killing me, I hate listening to games.

NYR2 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 07:49 PM
  #7
Fitzlax99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Cablevision blacked out the 1st period of NJD/PHI, but it came back on during the first intermission and has remained on since. Weird.
I had to deal with Cablevision through college, and it was torture. They blacked out so many games, sometimes going in and out, it used to drive me up the wall.

On an unrelated topic, these Canadian commercials are cracking me up.

Fitzlax99 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 09:06 PM
  #8
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
I think its a preview week. They did this last year, too, IIRC. Its a way to get ya hooked.

Skroob* is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 11:07 PM
  #9
Firefly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mohawk Valley
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
tonight was a pleasant surprise. i didnt expect the nj/phi game to be on MSG, and i didnt expect the ott/tor game to be on the "canadian channel" that we get here, CKWS. but they both were.

Firefly is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 02:28 AM
  #10
Burberry Manning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Summit NJ-The Elite
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Operation Barnaby is going quite well here in Colorado.

Burberry Manning is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 08:48 AM
  #11
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If you do, check your sports subscription channels. Although I did not subscribe to center ice this season, I'm getting the Leafs game on IO (Cabvlevision) channel 420!!!!!!

Let's Go Leafs!!!!!
I have both the dish and digital cable.Don't ask it's a long story.

I am dumping the dish as soon as the conference finals begin when they move exclusively to ESPN.I have Center Ice on the dish but not on iO.

I noticed the Center Ice channels-starting at 420 were open on Monday.

Sports indemand is running the MLB promotion until 4/11 but they also opened up the Center Ice channels.

They are running another promotion for hockey-$149 for the entire first two rounds and next season.Not a bad deal.

I called the Cablevision morons yesterday and they had no idea why the hockey games have been made available to every iO subscriber.If you can get anyone on the phone who speaks english it would be an achievement.

Go Sens Go!!!

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-09-2004, 03:30 PM
  #12
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
I have both the dish and digital cable.Don't ask it's a long story.

I am dumping the dish as soon as the conference finals begin when they move exclusively to ESPN.I have Center Ice on the dish but not on iO.

I noticed the Center Ice channels-starting at 420 were open on Monday.

Sports indemand is running the MLB promotion until 4/11 but they also opened up the Center Ice channels.

They are running another promotion for hockey-$149 for the entire first two rounds and next season.Not a bad deal.

I called the Cablevision morons yesterday and they had no idea why the hockey games have been made available to every iO subscriber.If you can get anyone on the phone who speaks english it would be an achievement.

Go Sens Go!!!
I have iO, but I dont get the preview either because sports packages are available in my area.

I live in Stratford, CT (06614)

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
04-10-2004, 12:03 AM
  #13
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
i checked this out on cablevision a few nights ago, and it was just showing the menu...so i guess we dont get it. cablevision:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
Operation Barnaby is going quite well here in Colorado.
both colorado games have been on espn so far.
you can really tell how much the espn crew hates the rangers when they give someone who is now an av ****.

on a related note Potvin(sucks) was the color man tonight for the colorado/dallas game. the chant is true on so many levels.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 04:12 PM
  #14
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,435
vCash: 500
i'm watching hockey on ABC and i notice...

john and barry are still tools. they aren't addressing the audience, instead they are just chatting with each other. maybe that's cool on nhl 2night but on network, they look so unprofessional. if i knew nothing about hockey, these guys would look like clowns. very very bad ones. they were saying how jordan tootoo plays like barnaby and tucker. we know what that means but apparently the NHL wants to appeal to non-fans and expand their market. they should show how these guys play. and the adds they have, especially the belushi ones, are just as asanine. I like TSN's presentation. if it was americanized a bit, it would be much better.

n8 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 04:25 PM
  #15
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
i'm watching hockey on ABC and i notice...

john and barry are still tools. they aren't addressing the audience, instead they are just chatting with each other. maybe that's cool on nhl 2night but on network, they look so unprofessional. if i knew nothing about hockey, these guys would look like clowns. very very bad ones. they were saying how jordan tootoo plays like barnaby and tucker. we know what that means but apparently the NHL wants to appeal to non-fans and expand their market. they should show how these guys play. and the adds they have, especially the belushi ones, are just as asanine. I like TSN's presentation. if it was americanized a bit, it would be much better.
Nothing's worse than those "NHL on ESPN: Made in America" commercials. Who the hell are they trying to fool?!

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:58 PM
  #16
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
awesome. it worked on cablevision tonight. i wonder if its just the weekend, or the whole week.
tonights leafs/sens game was awesome. high speed, hard hitting. leetchy had an assist and played well defensivly. took a dumb penalty in the third, but they killed it off(even after it turned into a 5-3).

rickyrod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.