HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Higgins Opinion

Old
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
If you have to pick a forward that's playing below expectation on the team right now, it would be him.

That being said, the entire team is playing so well that his sub par play stands out more it normaly would, if that makes any sense.

Personally I think he is doing fine. Has had some chances but he will break out.

It only takes one.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
I'm not worried at all about Higgins. He will adjust well just give him time.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
NYR Viper

People saying he is under performing are only looking at his stats. If you watch the games you would realize he is playing well and creating chances. Stop over-analyzing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
ocarina

I think the people saying Kotalik is better then Higgins simply haven't seen Higgins when he is scoring and Kotalik when he isn't.

I like Kotalik, but I remember a big issue with him in Buffalo was that he would go through periods where he would look almost useless. He is inconsistent.

At least Higgins when he isn't scoring provides good energy and some grit. Kotalik is more of a pure offensive player, if he isn't scoring and contributing offensively, he is kind of useless.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
bettercallstaal
Stepan Stepan Stepan

Higgins is doing okay... He'll score his points this season. He just seems way too hesitant right now. I don't think he's quite comfortable just yet... It is a new team and he's playing back home now... Think he's putting too much pressure on himself. If he goes out and just plays and stops thinking so much he'll be just fine.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would much rather see Kotalik cut loose.
The guy whos booming slapshot from the point has helped to give us the first decent power play we have seen in how many years?

And let lisin go to?

Replace them with the ever so talented Aaron I cant stay on my skates Voros, and Grachev whos barely dipped his feet in playing in the AHL let alone the NHL?

Reaaallly smart for a team that started 5-1 and is leading the league in scoring.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
broadwayblue

Some of you guys are hilarious. How about we let the team play even 10 or 20 games before we start talking about cutting guys loose? We've played 6 games for crying out loud...and we're 5-1.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:18 PM
NYRamonte10

Drury,Callahan, and higgins are in my opinion the most "ranger" line on the team

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
Drury,Callahan, and higgins are in my opinion the most "ranger" line on the team
Agreed. I love the hard-nosed blue-collar this team has. Makes them so easy to root for from bottom to top.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Higgins has been fine IMO.

Hes been on the puck every night and has made some really great plays to get to the net. I think he does alot of little things for that line that go unnoticed. Tortorella has mentioned the same thing.

Quote:
I talked to Higgy at the end of last nights game, Tortorella said. I think he has done everything for this team at a high pace, a high temp. Hes been a really good player for us except for scoring a goal. Do I think hes pressing? You might have to ask him that. In our talk, I told him I just want him to continue doing what hes doing and the goals will come in bunches. Hes been very under the radar because he hasnt been scoring goals. Hes done a lot of good things on both sides of the puck.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ments/a_theme/

I think he had him out on that last PP against the Leafs to try and get him going, even with the score 7-2. I would love to see him score because hes the type of guy that gets them in bunches. It'll come.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM
tjs252

He's skating really well and he's never someone you look at and find out of position, but, to me at least, it takes a little extra effort to find him on the ice.

I'm sure he'll pot one and then go on a nice little tear.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Still have him pegged for second highest goal total at the end of the year. Behind Gaborik.

Between 27-32.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM
DM23BK30

To me, he basically is a hustler and a grinder who is versatile. He hasnt put up points, but it seems like he's more unlucky than anything else. I like what he brings, but he needs to start scoring and finding open ice

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:16 PM
DutchShamrock

I like his game actually. I think he's doing the little things away from the puck, maybe thinking a little too much with the puck.

Wasn't the report on him that he is streaky. I think that some confidence will lead to a spurt in scoring. I the 2nd will be a good line this season.

DutchShamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Higgins and Callahan are guys that are integral to team success because they are willing to do anything to win. Higgins has offensive talent in line with Callahan so I wouldn't be too worried about him scoring right now, it will come.

Also Jonathan you are on crack sir, Kotalik is very important to this team on the PP, he may not be as good as Higgins overall (debatable) but he is part of the straw that stirs the drink.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would much rather see Kotalik cut loose.
He is signed for 3/9. He won't be going anywhere. Grachev will replace Higgins or Prospal next year.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Scooter17

Higgins has to start producing sooner or later. Right now it doesn't matter that much because we are winning, but eventually he has to start chipping in offensively. We are 8 games into the season now and he has nothing to show. We need him to put up top 6 forward-like numbers. Hopefully this scoreless drought doesn't go much longer...I'm sure its already messing with his head.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Higgins played well tonight, his time will come I think.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Scooter17

I wasn't able to watch the game because it was blacked out in upstate NY. Good to hear that Higgins played well...but sooner or later he needs to start scoring. I think we are going to need 20+ goals out of him. We can't expect guys like Prospal and Del Zotto to keep producing at their current rate.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Lex444

He seems to just float around the ice out there

Lex444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 09:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex444 View Post
He seems to just float around the ice out there
Agreed, I don't think that common opinion of "he's been good, the points will come" is true at all. He looks totally uninvolved.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:17 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

The problem is neither Drury or Callahan are going to set him up, so instead he tries to do things for himself, but he just isn't good enough to do that against most NHL defense. He tries these nifty moves almost every game to beat guys on his own but he doesn't succeed. He needs a playmaker.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:21 PM
NYR MacTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
The problem is neither Drury or Callahan are going to set him up, so instead he tries to do things for himself, but he just isn't good enough to do that against most NHL defense. He tries these nifty moves almost every game to beat guys on his own but he doesn't succeed. He needs a playmaker.
exactly but i wouldnt want to mess with the lines just yet until we cool off. But what i would suggest is Higgins to first line LW, prospal to Center, Dubi to 2nd line Center and Drury to LW. This is once we cool down of course.

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:22 PM
TheHotRock

he certainly hasn't been playing poorly, but he hasn't done anything noteworthy enough to say he's been playing well. i like that line, but they need a playmaker.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post

I think the idea of this line was that they have all created there ow offense in the past, all 3 work the boards hard & crash the net. If anything the line is set up fpr the defensemen to pinch Grab lose pucks & score.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote