HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

fantasy Q's

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
featherhawk

vCash: 500
fantasy Q's

Hey bolts fans, I have two fantasy related q's...

1) how has Tanguay looked, obviously he is not putting points up on the board but from your GDT's of late it seems he is playing a bit better...Also is there a RW on the farm that they may tryout with him and vinny??

2) how is smith, I saw the jolt that he took a few days ago and saw blood coming from his head, I know he tweaked his back but I am concerned that he may have another head injury...any word as to what smitty's health is?

thanks

Old
10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Shadeslayer813

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbearcats View Post
Hey bolts fans, I have two fantasy related q's...

1) how has Tanguay looked, obviously he is not putting points up on the board but from your GDT's of late it seems he is playing a bit better...Also is there a RW on the farm that they may tryout with him and vinny??

2) how is smith, I saw the jolt that he took a few days ago and saw blood coming from his head, I know he tweaked his back but I am concerned that he may have another head injury...any word as to what smitty's health is?

thanks
1)only of matter of time before Tanguay starts putting up points even though he hasnt been giving it 100% it seems

2) Havent really said to much about Smitty other than it was Nitty turn to start in net. I think they are just being cautious about Smitty.

Old
10-13-2009, 01:07 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeslayer813 View Post
1)only of matter of time before Tanguay starts putting up points even though he hasnt been giving it 100% it seems

2) Havent really said to much about Smitty other than it was Nitty turn to start in net. I think they are just being cautious about Smitty.
I think Tanguay will score a ton once Vinny awakens. As for Smitty, not sure...

Old
10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
CurtisLoew

Smaby

I drafted this guy in my STHS league years ago and have been expecting him to break into the NHL full time for the past two years. What's his deal, should I cut my losses and trade him or can he develop into a #4/5 guy?

Old
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
SmittyBolt

last year i believe he lead the team in minutes the second half of the year. He was brought up way to quick in my opinion but they didn't have any other option. I think he will be good for the Lightning, but just not this year. Lightning are stacked at D, night and day better then last year. one thing they dont need right now is another big defender, once Foster is back into action Smaby will be 3rd again to be brought up, he is in Norfolk right now.

that's my opinion.

Old
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I see Smaby as a guy who'll take a while to reach his second pairing potential. He doesn't have an enormously high ceiling, but he should quietly be a presence down the road.

As for him in Norfolk, that's not an entirely accurate picture. He's technically on a conditioning assignment from "injury". He's got a few days left until he has to return, meanwhile Lawton is looking to make a trade of either Krajicek or Hale. (probably)

I can't really recommend dropping someone because I don't know how large your reserve list is. But he's going to have to fight for ice time all season, or at least until injuries make their mark.

Old
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Smaby will be back soon.

Old
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
CurtisLoew

I'm not worried about the roster spot he takes up, more worried he will never crack the NHL and is a waste of an asset. By the sound of your guys post though you still expect him to be a "second pairing" defenseman. As great as that would be my defensive prospect depth has me only hoping for him to be a good bottom pairing guy so I figure I should keep a hold of him for at least another season before looking for a trade.

Old
10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Gabe27

Hang on to Smaby. If he were playing for any other team right now ... he would be in the lineup every night. He has been jacked around by this organization this year - too many guys - 9 on the roster - 3 on the bench - that is why Smaby is "conditioning" in Norfolk.

Old
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe27 View Post
Hang on to Smaby. If he were playing for any other team right now ... he would be in the lineup every night. He has been jacked around by this organization this year - too many guys - 9 on the roster - 3 on the bench - that is why Smaby is "conditioning" in Norfolk.
Bingo.

Old
10-13-2009, 06:46 PM
HumphreyBrogart

Question:

Mike Smith is up for grabs in my league and I need another goalie. I was thinking of picking him up while I have Franzen on IR for the next few months. Will Smith get a lot of starts? How do you think he will do? Nittymaki is also up for grabs. Should I grab one of the two for a temporary run?

Old
10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
SmittyBolt

i think they are going to ride Nitty til he slows down might as well ride him, but i got a feeling Smitty will play Saturday in Pitts. Tocchett said in the paper today Smitty is going to play a ton so he shouldnt worry. I have him on my fantasy team but might switch to Nitty after thursday. Smitty will pick it up soon i got a feeling.
i really like Nitty and Smitty as our goalies, i think smitty will realize he wont have to be the backbone.

Closed Thread