HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Get Matt Duchene a winger

Old
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
PeterTheGreat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erzon View Post
I heard Peter Forsberg plays the wing quite well.
Wouldn't have to give up anything (except salary) to get him either.

He would look awesome on Matty's wing.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzon View Post
I heard Peter Forsberg plays the wing quite well.
Wouldn't have to give up anything (except salary) to get him either.
i don't even want to dare to hope...

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Skelator 786*

michael grabner

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 10:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

pick a winger from the leafs. You got a taste of how great they are tonight.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Paladin2799

I'm not sure what colorado would want to give up for them. But I definitely see poni or hagman fitting the need for colorado.

Hannan would be an interesting pickup for toronto. maybe

Hagman
Finger

for
Hannan

The price would match up, finger can play a solid top4 role while being defensively sound, col gets their 2nd line leftwinger, and fill the defensive gap.

And with the emergence of stalberg hagman is expendable, and hannan might stabilize the defense.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
I'm not sure what colorado would want to give up for them. But I definitely see poni or hagman fitting the need for colorado.

Hannan would be an interesting pickup for toronto. maybe

Hagman
Finger

for
Hannan

The price would match up, finger can play a solid top4 role while being defensively sound, col gets their 2nd line leftwinger, and fill the defensive gap.

And with the emergence of stalberg hagman is expendable, and hannan might stabilize the defense.
good try, but you forget we know Finger all too well. Decent player when he was being paid 600k, but 3,5m is a nutty price tag. No to that.

What about something around Svatos for Hagman? Svatos is young, talented, cheap, and on an expiring deal.

Old
10-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
good try, but you forget we know Finger all too well. Decent player when he was being paid 600k, but 3,5m is a nutty price tag. No to that.

What about something around Svatos for Hagman? Svatos is young, talented, cheap, and on an expiring deal.
svatos is exactly what we have too much of, small semi talented 2nd-3rd line players, id rather try to stabilize the defense or a gamebreaking forward. Or a stud goaltender which you dont have.

and im sure that my trade works as a basis, im sure minor prospects/picks could be swapped to balance it.

If finger isnt a good option for you, add in your first and you can take MVR and white instead of finger. we can add something to balance it out.

Taking white would make a great young addition to your teams defensive core and a replacement for liles for a trade.

Last edited by Paladin2799: 10-13-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old
10-13-2009, 11:48 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
svatos is exactly what we have too much of, small semi talented 2nd-3rd line players, id rather try to stabilize the defense or a gamebreaking forward. Or a stud goaltender which you dont have.

and im sure that my trade works as a basis, im sure minor prospects/picks could be swapped to balance it.
Don't think it works if Hannan is the key piece you want. We don't have enough of his sort already.

But the point about Svatos is well taken. Stewart is possibly available, I guess, but he's a serious prospect too. Not sure Hagman alone is worth him, not to mention the cap balancing that the deal would need.

and in response to your edit, we'll keep our 1st, thanks, unless you're offering Schenn. White is exactly what WE have too much of, tiny defenders.

Old
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Don't think it works if Hannan is the key piece you want. We don't have enough of his sort already.

But the point about Svatos is well taken. Stewart is possibly available, I guess, but he's a serious prospect too. Not sure Hagman alone is worth him, not to mention the cap balancing that the deal would need.

and in response to your edit, we'll keep our 1st, thanks, unless you're offering Schenn. White is exactly what WE have too much of, tiny defenders.
If white isnt who you are looking for, maybe XLB he provides a cheap ufa tough physical presence.

Who is Stewart, if hes not a PWF probably not interested.

Old
10-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Something centering around David Clarkson for Liles?

Last edited by Ol Dirty Bstrd: 10-14-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Pure

Quote:
If white isnt who you are looking for, maybe XLB he provides a cheap ufa tough physical presence.

Who is Stewart, if hes not a PWF probably not interested.
Stewart was our 1st round pick from 2006 and is a potential power forward. Kid is struggling right now and not playing with the same energy he had from last year, but no way we're going to trade him to the leafs unless we get back another young piece. I can see Stewart for Tlusty or Kulemin. Not interested in white at all since we have shattenkirk, cohen, barrie, elliott as potential offensive top 4 puck movers.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Stewart was our 1st round pick from 2006 and is a potential power forward. Kid is struggling right now and not playing with the same energy he had from last year, but no way we're going to trade him to the leafs unless we get back another young piece. I can see Stewart for Tlusty or Kulemin. Not interested in white at all since we have shattenkirk, cohen, barrie, elliott as potential offensive top 4 puck movers.
I'm definately not against trading kulemin or tlusty, just not for stewart straight up. It would have to be part of a bigger trade. something like hagman, tlusty, stajan/stemp for stewart, 1st

I dont know if Colorado would prefer the top6 center, or the top6 right winger.

Old
10-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Sitch

Quote:
I'm definately not against trading kulemin or tlusty, just not for stewart straight up. It would have to be part of a bigger trade. something like hagman, tlusty, stajan/stemp for stewart, 1st

I dont know if Colorado would prefer the top6 center, or the top6 right winger.
We don't need centers. We're not trading our first.

Sitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:28 AM
shadow1

A guy I would be interested in (other than Forsberg...) would be Trent Hunter if he's available.

Good worker, good goal scorer, bad beard.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bunsen View Post
I've got a couple wingers for Duchene, Andrei Kostitsyn and Mike Cammalleri.

Now you need someone to play the second line with Plekanec.
Subban + Weber + Latendresse + Pacioretty for Duchene?

Yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:40 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
Something around Brunnstrom for Liles?

Iunno.
That might actually be possible...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
versteeg and huet for anderson
Any Avs fans like this? We'll even throw in a steak dinner for Duchene.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Sure thing. Send him over to the Kings and he can play with Brown.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:45 AM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Ponikarovsky for a 2nd.

BoldMcNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Burke would probably do Stewart for Tlusty, maybe a late draft pick to even it out.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Ponikarovsky for a 2nd.
decent player, but I don't think he's an upgrade over Tucker/Stewart/Jones/Svatos either.

Old
10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawkBodam View Post
Any Avs fans like this? We'll even throw in a steak dinner for Duchene.
no, we don't want your overpriced, crappy goalie in exchange for our cheap and awesome one.

Old
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Stazz21

Conditional Trade with Conditional Picks!

Yes, the Avs desperately need to get Duchene a winger....so I'm going to shoot for the stars. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but hey, I don't think I've posted one of these before.... There are some conditions on this trade happening however.

IF at the deadline, the Avs are in the same or similar position to what they are now: near the top of the conference/division, looking to be in the playoffs...maybe making a run.

and IF Atlanta has not been able to re-sign Kovalchuk and is looking like they need to sell.

If those two ifs are satisfied, what would y'all think of this:

To Colorado

Ilya Kovalchuk

To Atlanta

Chris Stewart
TJ Hensick
Cameran Gaunce
2nd 2010
Conditional 1st 2011 (if he stays with the Avs)

It's obvious what the Avs get. The Thrashers get two young, potential top6 guys, a power forward in Stew and a skill guy in Hensick. They also get Gaunce, who is one of the best defensemen in the OHL. And a pick or two. I would've made the conditional first a 2010, but I guess there's no stopping Colorado from waiting to ink him until after the draft. lol

So, what do you think? Is that a package worthy of Kovy? Overpayment? I was trying to go loosely off of what the Pens paid to get Hossa, though Kovy is worth more.

Stazz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazz21 View Post
Yes, the Avs desperately need to get Duchene a winger....so I'm going to shoot for the stars. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but hey, I don't think I've posted one of these before.... There are some conditions on this trade happening however.

IF at the deadline, the Avs are in the same or similar position to what they are now: near the top of the conference/division, looking to be in the playoffs...maybe making a run.

and IF Atlanta has not been able to re-sign Kovalchuk and is looking like they need to sell.

If those two ifs are satisfied, what would y'all think of this:

To Colorado

Ilya Kovalchuk

To Atlanta

Chris Stewart
TJ Hensick
Cameran Gaunce
2nd 2010
Conditional 1st 2011 (if he stays with the Avs)

It's obvious what the Avs get. The Thrashers get two young, potential top6 guys, a power forward in Stew and a skill guy in Hensick. They also get Gaunce, who is one of the best defensemen in the OHL. And a pick or two. I would've made the conditional first a 2010, but I guess there's no stopping Colorado from waiting to ink him until after the draft. lol

So, what do you think? Is that a package worthy of Kovy? Overpayment? I was trying to go loosely off of what the Pens paid to get Hossa, though Kovy is worth more.
Right Division....wrong team

To Aves:

Olesz/Stillman
Matthias
1st

To Fla:
Duchene

Then Duchene gets his winger...his name is Frolik

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

While the subject at hand in this thread doesn't have much merit to begin with, the whole "trade Duchene to us to play with our wingers" thing was old the first time it was posted. No need to keep repeating the same old lame bit sarcasm with your team substituted in.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote