HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

On Jessiman

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
  #1
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
On Jessiman

Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron. If you haven't noticed the Devils are getting destroyed by Philly because they are small. The games should not have been close if it wasn't for about 3 minutes where Philly lost focus.

Parise was a total non factor in the final game vs. Canada. He was invisible once they hit him a few times and under no circumstances should be been the MVP of the event. Dawes or O'Sullivan were without question the best 2 players in the tournament.

Players like Parise rarely make an impact in the NHL. They are small and weak and are easy targets. The very, very, short player who is stocky like Fleury was and St. Louis is, stand a much better chance to succeed in the NHL because they are so hard to hit being fast and low to the ground.

Parise reminds me a lot of Lundmark. I doubt he will play big in big games. Gomez is a loser in the playoffs and crawls under a rock vs. physical teams. I suspect Parise will be the same. Dawes much like St. Louis and Fleury probably has had to fight his entire life to play well against bigger players so I think he stands a better chance to be a good NHL player then Parise does

Jessiman has already bulked up to 220. If you have a chance to get a monster at 6'5 230-240 who has great skills and hands you simply don't pass that up to take a moron like Parise who is 5'10 185 and will be destroyed by any legit NHL defenseman.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:14 PM
  #2
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
We can do without the name calling.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:16 PM
  #3
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
"Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron."

This is not name calling. It's stating a fact. Obviously you are probably one of many who actually buy that load of crap that Parise is going to be a top NHL player when in reality he will do nothing

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
  #4
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpsathernow
"Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron."

This is not name calling. It's stating a fact. Obviously you are probably one of many who actually buy that load of crap that Parise is going to be a top NHL player when in reality he will do nothing

That is not a fact. That is your opinion. Make your point without resorting to name calling.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:22 PM
  #5
maxfischer1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Another EXPERT opinion who cant post without sounding like a 12 yo, ANGRY MUCH?

maxfischer1313 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:22 PM
  #6
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpsathernow
"Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron."

This is not name calling. It's stating a fact. Obviously you are probably one of many who actually buy that load of crap that Parise is going to be a top NHL player when in reality he will do nothing
Anybody who thinks that Jessiman is a better prospect than Parise is a moron. How about that for stating a fact. ( ) Anyhow, you have a guy who was the MVP at the WJC's, awesome at the U-18's a few years ago, on a top collegiate program, a hobey baker finalist as a sophomore and is now signed to a pro contract versus a guy who plays for a mediocre collegiate team and couldn't even make the USA WJC team. I have no idea how you are basing your argument, or maybe you are simply keen to be a troll because in no way has Jessiman done anything to rival Parise, except for the fact he happens to be a big guy. Unbelievable.


Last edited by AJ1982: 04-11-2004 at 12:41 PM.
AJ1982 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:24 PM
  #7
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
The point is this: a person who prefers Jessiman to Parise is not a moron and a person who prefers Parise to Jessiman is a moron. Let's leave it at that.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
  #8
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
How about we be patient on Jessiman. We knew when we drafted him that he was a project. He'll either bust or be an impact 1st/2nd line player, but it will take a few years. Settle down and wait.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
  #9
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The point is this: a person who prefers Jessiman to Parise is not a moron and a person who prefers Parise to Jessiman is a moron. Let's leave it at that.
You can't argue that Jessiman is a better prospect than Parise right now, there's no way to do it. The only thing Jessiman has over Parise is potential and that's why I qualify it with a "right now". Anyhow, i shouldn't bother feeding the trolls but it's hard to ignore a statement like that.

AJ1982 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:32 PM
  #10
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
Clearly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982
Anybody who thinks that Jessiman is a better prospect than Parise is a moron. How about that for stating a fact. You have a guy who was the MVP at the WJC's, awesome at the U-18's a few years ago, on a top collegiate program, a hobey baker finalist as a sophomore and is now signed to a pro contract versus a guy who plays for a mediocre collegiate team and couldn't even make the USA WJC team. I have no idea how you are basing your argument, or maybe you are simply keen to be a troll because in no way has Jessiman done anything to rival Parise, except for the fact he happens to be a big guy. Unbelievable.
Parise is the more developed prospect at this point. The question is, do you want a player at his worst who is in the Mike York/Scott Gomez mold, both of which a team can win with, or do you want to take a chance on aplayer, who at his full develop, could be the equivalent of Bertuzzi/Shanahan/LeClair in their prime, but, who still has a ways to go in his development and, quite possibly might not ever reach that stage of development. To be honest, the selection of Jessiman fits in better with the future of the Rangers than it did last year, especially with the possibility of a Rob Schremp being available when they pick this year. With the solid, but, less-than-dazzling array of prospects that Sather/Maloney picked up at the deadline, a possible home run pick like Jessiman becomes more important in the grand rebuilding scheme.

jas is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:37 PM
  #11
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982
You can't argue that Jessiman is a better prospect than Parise right now, there's no way to do it. The only thing Jessiman has over Parise is potential and that's why I qualify it with a "right now". Anyhow, i shouldn't bother feeding the trolls but it's hard to ignore a statement like that.
The bottom line is this: if someone does not agree with you it does not make that person a moron. And that is all I am trying to say here.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:38 PM
  #12
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Parise is the more developed prospect at this point. The question is, do you want a player at his worst who is in the Mike York/Scott Gomez mold, both of which a team can win with, or do you want to take a chance on aplayer, who at his full develop, could be the equivalent of Bertuzzi/Shanahan/LeClair in their prime, but, who still has a ways to go in his development and, quite possibly might not ever reach that stage of development. To be honest, the selection of Jessiman fits in better with the future of the Rangers than it did last year, especially with the possibility of a Rob Schremp being available when they pick this year. With the solid, but, less-than-dazzling array of prospects that Sather/Maloney picked up at the deadline, a possible home run pick like Jessiman becomes more important in the grand rebuilding scheme.
See I disagree with the concept that Parise has limited potential due to his size, that he is just the safer pick and does not have great upside. He is every bit as talented as St. Louis was at this age. Parise to me is the safer pick with great upside himself, he has star potential, there's no question about it in my eyes. Jessiman is more of the project by a large amount and, imo, his upside is only considered to be better than Parise's due to the size differential.

Glad we turned a thread with such a bad start into something worthwhile.

AJ1982 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
  #13
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The bottom line is this: if someone does not agree with you it does not make that person a moron. And that is all I am trying to say here.
That was my point, guess the sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

edited it so it more reflects that lol

AJ1982 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 12:42 PM
  #14
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
My point was not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982
See I disagree with the concept that Parise has limited potential due to his size, that he is just the safer pick and does not have great upside. He is every bit as talented as St. Louis was at this age. Parise to me is the safer pick with great upside himself, he has star potential, there's no question about it in my eyes. Jessiman is more of the project by a large amount and, imo, his upside is only considered to be better than Parise's due to the size differential.

Glad we turned a thread with such a bad start into something worthwhile.
that Parise had limited potential. Rather, yes, he is the safer pick. Jessiman came out of nowhere last year. He will take time. Parise, at his worst, could be at least Gomez/York territory. However, the Sather/Renney/Maloney plan is putting emphasis on a combination of size/skill/skating ability.

jas is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 01:10 PM
  #15
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
what a ridiculous thread no dought made by someone thats never seen either play.. even more off base are the comparisons, st louis and fluery are much shorter then parise so they need their aggression, which is allowed given their stocky build, to succeed

in the hall is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 01:41 PM
  #16
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpsathernow
Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron. If you haven't noticed the Devils are getting destroyed by Philly because they are small. The games should not have been close if it wasn't for about 3 minutes where Philly lost focus.

Parise was a total non factor in the final game vs. Canada. He was invisible once they hit him a few times and under no circumstances should be been the MVP of the event. Dawes or O'Sullivan were without question the best 2 players in the tournament.

Players like Parise rarely make an impact in the NHL. They are small and weak and are easy targets. The very, very, short player who is stocky like Fleury was and St. Louis is, stand a much better chance to succeed in the NHL because they are so hard to hit being fast and low to the ground.

Parise reminds me a lot of Lundmark. I doubt he will play big in big games. Gomez is a loser in the playoffs and crawls under a rock vs. physical teams. I suspect Parise will be the same. Dawes much like St. Louis and Fleury probably has had to fight his entire life to play well against bigger players so I think he stands a better chance to be a good NHL player then Parise does

Jessiman has already bulked up to 220. If you have a chance to get a monster at 6'5 230-240 who has great skills and hands you simply don't pass that up to take a moron like Parise who is 5'10 185 and will be destroyed by any legit NHL defenseman.
Talk to us when your age or post count hits 10. Thanks pal

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 02:47 PM
  #17
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Rather, yes, he is the safer pick. Jessiman came out of nowhere last year. He will take time. Parise, at his worst, could be at least Gomez/York territory. However, the Sather/Renney/Maloney plan is putting emphasis on a combination of size/skill/skating ability.
This is true indeed. Certainly Jessiman is not a bad prospect, he has tremendous upside. In 5 years we could have a monster of a power forward on hour hands, with an incredible offensive arsenal. I do hope that happens obviously!

AJ1982 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 04:06 PM
  #18
NYR2
Registered User
 
NYR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
I really wanted the Rangers to pick Parise, but it didn't happen so oh well. What bugs me about them not picking him is that the Devils got him, I HATE that freakin team lol. I'm just going to hope Hugh turns out to be what the Rangers think he will. If he does, hey, good for us.

To change the subject just a little, what do you guys think Hugh will do next season? Do you think he'll go back to school or sign?

NYR2 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 04:42 PM
  #19
Burberry Manning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Summit NJ-The Elite
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
that Parise had limited potential. Rather, yes, he is the safer pick. Jessiman came out of nowhere last year. He will take time. Parise, at his worst, could be at least Gomez/York territory. However, the Sather/Renney/Maloney plan is putting emphasis on a combination of size/skill/skating ability.
I disagree with that. What has Parise done to show you that at worst he will be a york/gomez guy? When has he produced in the NHL? College and U-18 and all that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so there is no way that you can say Parise is at "Worst" York or Gomez. Thats just an insult to the accomplishment of both players. I can go the other way and say at best he is a gomez/york type guy and there would be no way for you to refute that, it's just assinine to be pegging guys and predicting their NHL careers and NHL success.

I am extremely satisfied with Jessiman and truth be told I would be in favor of picking him in front of Parise again. I just think that he is the type of prospect that we need. Whether or not he develops does not matter at this point, he was a player that fit the mold of what we are trying to achieve. Bigger, stronger, faster. Yep, Parise was a nice player as well but our organization felt that Jessiman was better. Hey, you can call out all the stat comparisons and favorable accomplishment that Parise has over Hugh, but in the end we come back to the most important accomplishment that Jessiman has over Parise;Hugh was drafted higher. Thats really all that matters at this point. The NHL officials of multiple teams felt that Jessiman was worth more than Parise. We can moan and complain all we want about how Parise is sick and is the second coming of York but its not going to help our current situation at all. For all this talk and comparison of Parise and York we must not forget that Yorkie was a mid-round pick, and some people want to castrate Sather and Maloney for not picking one kid over another. Come on, we have Jessiman so lets support him and hope that in 5 years he is plowing Parise into the Ranger's bench with a 3-0 lead.

Burberry Manning is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 05:46 PM
  #20
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
Come on, we have Jessiman so lets support him and hope that in 5 years he is plowing Parise into the Ranger's bench with a 3-0 lead.
We can certainly all agree on this!!

AJ1982 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.