HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre-game 2: Predators @ Wings l 04/10/04

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Pre-game 2: Predators @ Wings l 04/10/04

talk away...

Keep it clean....

Old
04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
I believe the Wings will actually play a full 60 mins this time. Hopefully they'll set the tone early and we won't have to have so many faceoffs ;o

Old
04-08-2004, 11:30 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
I believe the Wings will actually play a full 60 mins this time. Hopefully they'll set the tone early and we won't have to have so many faceoffs ;o
The extra day off (thank you, morons at NHL scheduling) should be a godsend for the Predators.
The Wings really stole the momentum in the third, and that extra day off should slow things down a bit.
Plus Nashville has a few guys who suffered injuries (McKenzie, Zidliky, Timonen).

Anyway, Nashville at some point must win a road game. Saturday would be the day to do it. If the Wings roll over the Preds, the Preds won't have enough time to get pumped up for their home game the following afternoon (than you, morons at NHL Scheduling).

Anyway, I think Detroit will come out stronger in Game 2. But Nashville will play hard. In the end, I think Detroit wins this game 4-3. The Wings will win one of two in Nashville and wrap it up at home in Game 5.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
The extra day off (thank you, morons at NHL scheduling) should be a godsend for the Predators.
The Wings really stole the momentum in the third, and that extra day off should slow things down a bit.
No offense...but I fail to see the logic in this. Both teams get the extra day off right? I dont think it benefits either team more than the other. Zidlicky gets an extra day to recover, but thats about it. The Wings momentum is taken away because of an extra day off?

Old
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
detredWINgs

I think this whole schedule is messed up. Why is there 2 days off between games and then 2 back to back in which we have to travel 4 states? This makes no sense whatsoever. I think theres something like 23 hours between starts. If you figure each game takes about 2.5 hours, that means that both teams have roughly 20 hours between when the first game ends and the second one BEGINS. Its always nice to have at least 24 hours between games. Thanks morons at NHL.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
I think this whole schedule is messed up. Why is there 2 days off between games and then 2 back to back in which we have to travel 4 states? This makes no sense whatsoever. I think theres something like 23 hours between starts. If you figure each game takes about 2.5 hours, that means that both teams have roughly 20 hours between when the first game ends and the second one BEGINS. Its always nice to have at least 24 hours between games. Thanks morons at NHL.
Its all about money. ABC has to have the Wings on Saturday. Which is fine, but why not start the series on Thursday then? Its alwasy screwed up like this.

But atleast the travel isnt all that bad. Its only an hour flight from Detroit to Nashville. Thats a piece of cake. Be thankful that Edmonton didnt make it in. Travel-wise, it could be alot worse for the Wings.

Old
04-09-2004, 04:09 AM
stu the grim reaper

im not convinced the wings will come out stronger this game

playing only one period of game 1 and still winning decisively doesnt seem like it would do anything to reduce complacency ie shanahan will not play hard this game and it will be up to the grind line and the 2 kids once again

Old
04-09-2004, 01:04 PM
19 for president

Both teams better hope that there isn't any OT in game 2 in Detroit or its gonna a long day especially if its a triple or double OT.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Blueski

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
No offense...but I fail to see the logic in this. Both teams get the extra day off right? I dont think it benefits either team more than the other. Zidlicky gets an extra day to recover, but thats about it. The Wings momentum is taken away because of an extra day off?
I think I see the logic in it. Detroit really grabbed a lot of momentum in that 3rd period (much to this Blues fan's dismay ) Had the game been played today, then Detroit would have most likely been running that momentum through the game...trying to keep Nashville back on their heels. With that extra day, they have to slow it down so that they recharge.

That extra day just slows the whole series down. Watch the games tonight. Especially ones that had momentum changes in the 3rd. See if that team doesn't have the better of the play tonight.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:12 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Wings stole the momentum in a series. Momentum needs to be fed. The longer period between games, the liklier it is that momentum disappears.

Ask the Mighty Ducks, who waited forever to start the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:14 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
I think I see the logic in it. Detroit really grabbed a lot of momentum in that 3rd period (much to this Blues fan's dismay ) Had the game been played today, then Detroit would have most likely been running that momentum through the game...trying to keep Nashville back on their heels. With that extra day, they have to slow it down so that they recharge.

That extra day just slows the whole series down. Watch the games tonight. Especially ones that had momentum changes in the 3rd. See if that team doesn't have the better of the play tonight.
Exactly.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Boomhower

Update:

Legace was hit in the head with a puck and left practice today. Results of precautionary tests probably won't be known until later tonight or early tommorow.

With the way things have gone in recent weeks, I'm guessing it was Whitney who shot the puck.

Old
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski

Both teams have the extra day. It doesnt benefit either team. Its funny how people are always talking about how OLD the Wings are. Well then, using that rationale, wouldnt the extra day off benefit the old, decrepit Red Wings?

I just dont think it matters. Not at all.

Old
04-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Wings stole the momentum in a series. Momentum needs to be fed. The longer period between games, the liklier it is that momentum disappears.

Ask the Mighty Ducks, who waited forever to start the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

The Wings stole the momentum in ONE GAME. If this happened later in the series, I could probably see some of your point.

Old
04-09-2004, 05:03 PM
X8oD

Zdlicky is out for Game 2. The guy took a pass from behind his net and did a 180 with his head down. BIG mistake in the NHL. Everything ive heard\read implies that he likely has a concussion.

Kind of a rookie Mistake. never take a pass with your head down, especially when a forechecker is coming hard. And while i dont know if he saw it coming, the goalie, or the guy who fed the pass should of yelled. Ive heard it done on the ice, and its VERY common for picks in the NBA for a teamate to tell a guy to get his head up.

Old
04-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
Zdlicky is out for Game 2. The guy took a pass from behind his net and did a 180 with his head down. BIG mistake in the NHL. Everything ive heard\read implies that he likely has a concussion.

Kind of a rookie Mistake. never take a pass with your head down, especially when a forechecker is coming hard. And while i dont know if he saw it coming, the goalie, or the guy who fed the pass should of yelled. Ive heard it done on the ice, and its VERY common for picks in the NBA for a teamate to tell a guy to get his head up.
Not quite a suicide pass but someone on the Predators (in particular the guy that passed the puck) should have said he was going to get hit. but the game happens so fast you don't always have enough time to warn a teammate.

Old
04-09-2004, 06:51 PM
shveik

"We think he (Zidlicky) is going to play in this series," Poile said. "The opposition has been known to go after a guy any way to get an advantage, and we don't want to put Marek at risk."

Woo, we are the big bad Red Wings now.

Old
04-09-2004, 10:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shveik
"We think he (Zidlicky) is going to play in this series," Poile said. "The opposition has been known to go after a guy any way to get an advantage, and we don't want to put Marek at risk."

Woo, we are the big bad Red Wings now.

i think he was referring to a general opponent, not like...'we've scouted the wings,a nd they're dirty'

i don't think it's a concussion, because originally, he WAS going to play, and today they said they want to keep him out one more game. it's not a HUGE loss, as losing timonen would be. hamhuis can take his spot on the point.

Old
04-10-2004, 09:08 AM
shelovesshanny

I hope Detroit comes out flying. Shes thinkin its gonna be a Wings win 4-2

Detroit - Whitney , Shanahan , Datsyuk , Hatcher
Nashville - Erat, Hamhuis

Old
04-10-2004, 01:16 PM
MotownMadman

I agree with the feeling that two days off and then two (afternoon) games in a row is stupid. Not sure who that benefits. The Preds are younger, but the Wings also showed greater stamina in their series versus the Canes two years ago.

We got a good rest. Hope Manny's shaken off that puck to the head and continues his magic in net. I was impressed by Dats playing physical- backchecking and throwing a couple checks. Makes me think that he's learned since last year that when you are a star, you garner a lot of focus in the playoffs. I hope that he's rewarded for his hard work. Zetterburg too.

LET'S KEEP THE BIG RED MACHINE ROLLING! GO WINGS!!!

Closed Thread