Notices

Cormier...Hmmmm?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
thrashtoast

vCash: 500
Cormier...Hmmmm?

He's been suspended by the QMJHL. Does this mean he can't play in the NHL this year?

If we believe he will play for us next year, assuming things don't go well the next few months, might be bring him up?

Or what about moving him to Chicago?

Old
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
The Sneak

I think we should honor the original ruling and keep the kid cooling his jets.

Old
02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
netminder17

He won't play for us this season. He'll have a chance to make the team next year at camp.

Old
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

DW said he wont play until his Q team is out of the playoffs. you may see him in chicago for a few games at the end of the year

Old
02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Patrice Cormier.... he's French Canadian right? Not to many of those in the league... bet Habs fans love him lol.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
TasteofFlames

I could see him playing with Chicago when his junior team is out of the playoffs. By all accounts he damn near made the Devils this year. I'm thinking he finishes out Chicago's season and then challenges Machachek for a roster spot in camp.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Some people on the AJC blog are pissed that we got him. They call him a thug and hate that we would ever think of playing him.

Seriously! Every Thrasher fan was all about welcoming Heatley back with open arms after his "incident" and before the "trade request."

Slava Kozlov had a similar situation in Europe and no one held that over his head when he came here.

Why are there any questions about how to deal with Cormier??? He committed a stupid penalty inside the game. Absolutely stupid play.
Give it a rest folks. If Cormier is our version of Avery, Alex Burrows, Downie, Darcy Tucker, etc., we will cheer him on wildly. And you all know it, and most can't wait!

I want him and Klingberg on the same line!

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 02-05-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Some people on the AJC blog are pissed that we got him. They call him a thug and hate that we would ever think of playing him.

Seriously! Every Thrasher fan was all about welcoming Heatley back with open arms after his "incident" and before the "trade request."

Slava Kozlov had a similar situation in Europe and no one held that over his head when he came here.

Why are there any questions about how to deal with Cormier??? He committed a stupid penalty inside the game. Absolutely stupid play but how about the shot that Enstrom took in the World Championships last summer? No one even knows the country, much less the name of the guy that hit him.

Give it a rest folks. If Cormier is our version of Avery, Alex Burrows, Downie, Darcy Tucker, etc., we will cheer him on wildly. And you all know it, and most can't wait!

Old
02-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Federko

Canadian here and I come in peace... Cormier is going to dominate at the NHL level...kids unreal and is all heart. A big part of your future moving forward. Cormier and Kane are going to be a one two punch (wjc team canada style) that is going to be unreal for the Thrashers. You should all be stoked about obtaining him.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:30 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

LOL. How many football fans look the other way when Mark Richt, Urban Meyer, or any other college coach have to explain away police incidents with their "fine young men?"

Another way to look at it.... Little, Bogosian, Kane, Cormier, Esposito, Bergfors, Moran, Klingberg .... we have a regular World Juniors Reunion in the making. How many other teams have as many alumni as us?

(my mistake if I'm wrong about Bogo and Bergfors).

Old
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Federko

Quote:

Why are there any questions about how to deal with Cormier??? He committed a stupid penalty inside the game. Absolutely stupid play.

Cormier is way better than Tucker (this coming from a Leafs fan who's watched Tucker for a decade), Avery, and he hits hard because he's all heart. He's not a pest. He's a leader. He was team canada's captain in the juniors. He's widely respected. The hit was unfortunate but just understand that you have actually acquired a future top 3 forward here moving forward...

Old
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Tristelune

Quote:

Theres a difference between "accident" and "injury with purpose of punishing the oppenent".

A more valid comparaison would be during the FA period not so long ago, where I saw some Thrashers fan thinking about taking a chance on Bertuzzi. However, unlike Bert, Cormier is much more younger, therefore have a chance of reform. But there is also a possibility that the incident might affect his Psyche in which, might turn him into Bert no.2 which of course would be ungoood.

For I, I think Cormier is the type of player that you would like to have in your team but hate to play against. if he end up having a career similar to Claude Lemieux, I would be very please with this pick.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristelune View Post
Theres a difference between "accident" and "injury with purpose of punishing the oppenent".
I am not trying to be smarmy, I promise, but there is a difference between life and death. OUCH! Please, don't flame me!

But I do think it would be awesome if he turns out to play 6 or more good years in ATL. as a Lemieux or Bertuzzi type. We need nasty and it's a direct influence of Dudley being the guy to choose him.

I bet we could have had Tedenby but that guy is small and quick. We have too many of those already. I like big and nasty for once!

Old
02-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Shameus

My take.

He is a 19 yr old kid. He got angry/tunnel vision/whatever and lost it. He acted out his aggression and is getting punished for it. Now if the kid is contrite and comes in to camp saying all the right things about proving that's not him and wanting to put it behind him.....why not give him the benefit of the doubt. Branding a kid for life for a stupid decision, I am not willing to do. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves this is the norm and not the exception of his behavior.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Heck, the only people in Atlanta that even know he exists are probably the 25 that post over here.

To everyone else, even if they cared in the least bit, he's no different than any one of the dozens of SEC football players that have been in bar fights or credit card schemes. He's coming to the perfect hiding place to play!

Old
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Tristelune

Good. Keep applying pressure in Washington zone!

Old
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Tristelune

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!! Toby Enstrom!!!!

Old
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

LOL....game day thread????

Old
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Tumsh

Not directly a Thrashers fan, but it's a team I like for different reasons. In particular (but not only) I am Swedish and I really like Enstrom. With the recent influx of Swedish players, it's become even more interesting for me. Though don't get me wrong, I like the style of hockey they play, and I also like other guys like Kane and Antropov.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I really hope they make a psychological assessment of Cormier. There might be other issues beneath which triggered the elbow. Just dismissing it as some kid who got a little too competitive seems irresponsible (by the NHL) to me. What if there's some chemical imbalance, or he has anger management issues, or something else? Then letting him out there again is like letting a ticking bomb out there. They need to make sure that whatever help he can get to prevent this from happening again is given to him. If these precautions are taken, I don't have a problem with him being in the NHL.

PS. If it's already done and I'm just not aware of it, please point me in the right direction

Old
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
LOL....game day thread????
Yeah, currently at work, typing in between work and watching the video feed haha!

Old
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Well i guess i don't want Lapierre anymore... we have our own version...

Old
02-06-2010, 02:16 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
LOL. How many football fans look the other way when Mark Richt, Urban Meyer, or any other college coach have to explain away police incidents with their "fine young men?"

Another way to look at it.... Little, Bogosian, Kane, Cormier, Esposito, Bergfors, Moran, Klingberg .... we have a regular World Juniors Reunion in the making. How many other teams have as many alumni as us?

(my mistake if I'm wrong about Bogo and Bergfors).
And LASU.

Old
02-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Nordic*

Trading for a disgusting human being like that, is enough for me to never ever cheer for Atlanta.

Old
02-06-2010, 06:54 AM
XParise9X

Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Quote:
Thank you! As a Devils fan I'd been saying that for weeks. He's a kid for goodness sake who did something REALLLLY retarded. Anyone with a 18-19 year old brother knows they do ALOT of stupid things without thinking about the consequences, and hes a teenager!!!! He's being punished, now let it go. Good luck with him, I was sad to see him go (but I have to admit i'd rather him then the original rumors of Tedenby, Clarkson or Palmieri) He will definatly bring a new element to any team if he starts using his aggression better

Old
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Trading for a disgusting human being like that, is enough for me to never ever cheer for Atlanta.
yeah, 19 yr olds cant change

i hope the league mandated some anger management/therapy for the kid during his suspension, you'd think they would.

EVERYONE deserves a 2nd chance.

Closed Thread