Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Viv's blog:

Quote:
Waddell said the team will not carry three goaltenders. It’s too many, he said, to get everyone enough practice time. So expect a move, preferably a trade, Waddell said. One of the three – Lehtonen, Johan Hedberg or Ondrej Pavelec will be on the block.

Old
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I hope Waddell doesn't pull another idiotic move. If he trades Lehtonen, and does not get fired afterwards, than it's clear to me he will be GM for life and this team will be basemen tteam for life.

If anything get rid of Moose. People will ***** at me for saying trade Pavelec, but that should happen. He's too over rated young goalie. We sohuld be able to rip someone off and get a 1st rounder for him.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Sabreality

i really think Moose has the most 'value' in a trade, he's an ideal backup/spot starter, thats proven...you know what youre getting from him in a stretch run.

Kari is a crapshoot for any team making a play for him, who knows how he'll perform down the stretch and he'd need to be re-signed next year (injury concerns, true value?)

Giving up on Pavs this soon is absurd...absolutely the wrong move..he's 22..thats infancy when we're talking goalies, he has the skills and all reports show he's a competitor...even the great Ryan Miller, is just now, at 29 putting it ALL together...goalies take time and throwing Pavs away, even for a 1st rounder (that may not help for years) is a big mistake imo.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:51 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
i really think Moose has the most 'value' in a trade, he's an ideal backup/spot starter, thats proven...you know what youre getting from him in a stretch run.

Kari is a crapshoot for any team making a play for him, who knows how he'll perform down the stretch and he'd need to be re-signed next year (injury concerns, true value?)

Giving up on Pavs this soon is absurd...absolutely the wrong move..he's 22..thats infancy when we're talking goalies, he has the skills and all reports show he's a competitor...even the great Ryan Miller, is just now, at 29 putting it ALL together...goalies take time and throwing Pavs away, even for a 1st rounder (that may not help for years) is a big mistake imo.
Nice post, totally agree with all of this.

Old
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

trade moose before anyone else. he's a veteran journeyman, he'll understand. we need the rest of the season to see if lehtonen can carry the team or if pavelec is the future. if we decide to trade either of them we could just re-sign hedberg in the offseason

Old
01-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Tristelune

On a side note, Lehtonen made 25 saves out of 27 on a 5-2 win for the Wolves.

Old
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
thrashtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
Nice post, totally agree with all of this.
Quote:

The problem with this is that by the time he's coming around, he'll be a free agent. Right now, he's probably the worst starting goalie in the league or close to it. I don't think lateral movement is something that he will learn anytime soon. I think he's the guy to trade, but of course, it all depends on the return.

Old
01-28-2010, 09:48 AM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristelune View Post
On a side note, Lehtonen made 25 saves out of 27 on a 5-2 win for the Wolves.
Nice job Kari.

I'm not sure who I would trade. Hedberg is the best option, but probably brings back the least because of his age. He's been great this year though, so it'll be tough to see him go.

Pav's has looked phenomenal at times, and very pedestrian at other points. I wouldn't trade him quite yet though, as someone else said he's 22 - he should be inconsistent. If you were expecting more you probably had your sights set too high.

Kari is the best of the three talent wise, but as always his injuries make him a huge question mark. It's great seeing him back on the ice though.

Old
01-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

a Kari/Pavs tandem is our best shot at winning long term. you can always move one of them next year. trading someone this year has to be Moose imo

Old
01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashtoast View Post
The problem with this is that by the time he's coming around, he'll be a free agent. Right now, he's probably the worst starting goalie in the league or close to it. I don't think lateral movement is something that he will learn anytime soon. I think he's the guy to trade, but of course, it all depends on the return.
Agreed, if Waddell *really* wants to trade a goalie just to be trading a goalie then I'd move Pavelec

Old
01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Agreed, if Waddell *really* wants to trade a goalie just to be trading a goalie then I'd move Pavelec
Wait, what? Pavelec is a long-term asset, if anything. He's essentially a rookie, for heaven's sake. If you're looking to trade a goalie just to trade a goalie, then the answer is Moose. He's 37, UFA at the end of the season, and unlikely to return next year, anyway.

I'm not sure why this is even a question.

Old
01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Wait, what? Pavelec is a long-term asset, if anything. He's essentially a rookie, for heaven's sake. If you're looking to trade a goalie just to trade a goalie, then the answer is Moose. He's 37, UFA at the end of the season, and unlikely to return next year, anyway.

I'm not sure why this is even a question.
Wow, for some reason I thought he was 33 or 34, that makes things a little different...

Old
01-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Ashe

You have to remember according to the CBA PAv's can still get sent to the minors without going through waivers. (As you need to appear in 69 games, Pav's is at 53 or something) So thats always an option and give pav's a few more weeks doing daily practicing and skill working.

Old
01-28-2010, 03:54 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

is Pavs immature? Didn't he cry and complain last year saying he wanted to stay up or be traded.

Old
01-29-2010, 02:38 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I'm up extra late and i was thinking, can't we carry 3 goalies? Why is Waddell being an idiot and not wanting to carry 3. I love the Mooooooseeeee. A perfect example was in tonights game he just gives it his all every game and hes a great guy. He's funny too! I'm gonna miss him if we decide to get rid of him.

Old
01-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
I'm up extra late and i was thinking, can't we carry 3 goalies? Why is Waddell being an idiot and not wanting to carry 3. I love the Mooooooseeeee. A perfect example was in tonights game he just gives it his all every game and hes a great guy. He's funny too! I'm gonna miss him if we decide to get rid of him.
i wouldnt be against it...Moose is a team player, and even if he sat in the pressbox for a week, i dont think he'd mind. it all comes down to whether we're still in the playoff mix at deadline..if we arent, its pointless to keep 3 and dumb to not try and get at least draft picks for Moose/Kari going forward.

Old
01-29-2010, 08:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
i wouldnt be against it...Moose is a team player, and even if he sat in the pressbox for a week, i dont think he'd mind. it all comes down to whether we're still in the playoff mix at deadline..if we arent, its pointless to keep 3 and dumb to not try and get at least draft picks for Moose/Kari going forward.
I agree with carrying three. The only reason I can think of is that Wads wants a big return for Kovy. Maybe he wants the extra roster spot for one of the players?

Old
01-29-2010, 08:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Moose + White for Carter and SIIHB?

01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Moose + White for Carter and SIIHB?
hahaha...instant karmas gonna get hew

Old
01-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Ashe

He doesnt want to carry 3 because finding practice time for three is difficult. I still think pav's heads to the AHL due to being able to not hit waivers

Old
01-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Aaronxxx

i don't think moose will be traded. everyone on the team likes moose, every fan likes moose. i think trading moose would have a similar effect as trading kovalchuk would. i'd say he has at least the backup job on this team until he retires.

Last edited by Aaronxxx: 01-29-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old
01-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
hahaha...instant karmas gonna get hew

Worlds collide

Old
01-29-2010, 12:40 PM
KevFist
is best pony

let Kari work out the year in the A, keep Moose and pavs in ATL. moose retires, fire weeks, hedberg is new goal coach. Let Kari and Pavs battle it out next season.

Old
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
let Kari work out the year in the A, keep Moose and pavs in ATL. moose retires, fire weeks, hedberg is new goal coach. Let Kari and Pavs battle it out next season.
we cant put Kari in the AHL for more then 2 weeks unless he clears waivers...not happening

Old
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post

I like it but we cannot keep Kari in Chicago without putting him through waivers. He can only stay down there for his 2 week conditioning stint.

Closed Thread