Notices

Lehtonen...

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2009, 01:59 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
ArVeeDee... You haven't watched the Thrashers in the past? Or do you have memory loss problems? I can remember multiple times where Kari played 5 amazing shut it down games in a row. Even last year he had a string of 5 unbelievable games including one of the best goalie performances i ever seen in my life against the Capitals, back in March of this year.

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-18-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
crabcz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
This is one thing the Thrashers cannot not do. They cannot trade him. Atleast not until we see him in action again. Our luck he will get traded and go on to have a monster injury free career and it will bite us. If his injury is truely over with, he will be this teams starting goalie for years and Pavs will be bye bye that is a fact.

I actually really want to see Kari back in action. I have a feeling that he is going to be dominant. When is he due back? He will probably go to Chicago a few games right? I hope he can come back by the time the Olympic break ends.

If Lehtonen proves to stay injury free when he returns, he will be on this team next year i can guarentee and his deal will be cheap probably a 1 year 1.5 mil so he can prove himself again.. All the haters will be in tears because he is definitly better than Pavelec and he will re gain his starting job. In my eyes he is the teams starter and he has it when he comes back.

I'm done believing in Pavelec until he can prove to me he can play a string of 3 good games.
it's not like Kari's first full season was that impresive.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...52006&view=log

Old
12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Georgia Dawg

He has started skating.

Old
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
ArVeeDee... You haven't watched the Thrashers in the past? Or do you have memory loss problems? I can remember multiple times where Kari played 5 amazing shut it down games in a row. Even last year he had a string of 5 unbelievable games including one of the best goalie performances i ever seen in my life against the Capitals, back in March of this year.
You are kidding me, right?

Lehtonen is the model of inconsistency. He gives up tons of soft goals. He folds under the slightest amount of pressure. And he has the back of a 80 year old.

He has talent, that is for sure. He doesn't appear to be able or willing to do what it takes to turn that talent into anything more than potential though.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
You are kidding me, right?

Lehtonen is the model of inconsistency. He gives up tons of soft goals. He folds under the slightest amount of pressure. And he has the back of a 80 year old.

He has talent, that is for sure. He doesn't appear to be able or willing to do what it takes to turn that talent into anything more than potential though.
... Lehtonen has had so many streaks of mazing games..

He is not inconsistent, really he never had a defense in front of him. I can name a ton of games where the defense just completely let him down, like they did Pavelec against Jersey. One of the games that sticks out is when we were up like 4-1 over Tampa i think and with like 5 mins left they scored 4 goals and won... I remember something like that happening against Washington too. He pulled a fit and actually let his defense hear it after the game.

It's no different this year, the defense is as worse as ever. So even if he does come back he will be making 50 save games than letting up 4 goals on 30 shots... It's this horrid defense. I'd LOVE to see Brodeur play here.

Lehtonen is still this teams best goalie by a long shot. He could probably take 5 years off and come back and have the guarenteed starting job...

Oh boy i cannot wait to him back though... I have this feeling he is finally through his injuries and will perform like the superstar, all star, vezina calibur goalie that he is.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
... Lehtonen has had so many streaks of mazing games..
His most consistent streaks are missing 2-3 months a season with injuries.

Old
12-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Yeah like Kari is going to change something.

Last edited by Juzmo: 12-22-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old
12-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Keep this bum away from the team. He is the model of inconsistency. Trade him as soon as he is taken off the IR.

Old
12-22-2009, 06:07 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
You're all aware that when Lehtonen returns, that he's going to have to play a bunch of games for him to have any trade value at all, right?

Old
12-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Boognish

Funny how this board is down on Kari for missing parts of seasons but more than willing to overpay Marian Gaborik.

Old
12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Funny how this board is down on Kari for missing parts of seasons but more than willing to overpay Marian Gaborik.
Huh?

Old
12-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Double huh?

Parts of seasons? Huge chunks of seasons. Including this entire one so far.

Old
12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Viv this morning:

Quote:
Kari Lehtonen, in full pads, was on the ice before practice. He spent some time skating and a lot of time stretching. He took a few shots from Jim Slater or Boris Valabik as players reported to the ice. He left just before practice started and signed autographs for fans in attendance.

Old
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg View Post
Double huh?

Parts of seasons? Huge chunks of seasons. Including this entire one so far.
You're not really good at anything past grunting and pointing so I'll try to keep this simple.

They've played just about the same amount of games over the last 4 years (from the first full season Lehtonen was in the league).

Lehtonen has averaged 40/yr

Gaborik has averaged 41/yr.

Considering that goalies typically play around 60 games a year instead of 82, I'd say those numbers are pretty comparable.

Last edited by Boognish: 12-22-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clarity
Old
12-22-2009, 11:51 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Lol he took shots from Slater and Valabik... does that mean he just stood in net and took sips from his water bottle while they shot the pucks into the boards?

Old
12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
Lol he took shots from Slater and Valabik... does that mean he just stood in net and took sips from his water bottle while they shot the pucks into the boards?
sounds dangerous taking shots from Slater. Ok, so he doesn't have to worry about the puck, but Slater falling and sliding means Kari had to be agile enough to avoid him.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
You're not really good at anything past grunting and pointing so I'll try to keep this simple.

They've played just about the same amount of games over the last 4 years (from the first full season Lehtonen was in the league).

Considering that goalies typically play around 60 games a year instead of 82, I'd say those numbers are pretty comparable.
Thanks for the simplicity. Your kindness is much appreciated.

I do not understand the Gaborik statement. I thought you were talking about Thrasher fans wanting to overpay for Gaborik. I do not really remember anyone wanting to sign him b/c of the same reasons of being hurt.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
You know I did Bravo!

Old
12-22-2009, 01:36 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Gaborik is amazing when he's healthy, top 10 player.

Lehtonen is a top 10 goalie when healthy.

Don't hate.

Old
12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
hydromel

Quote:

....and Kari made less than half of the $ per game that Gabby was paid over that span. I suppose that further reinforces whatever point you were trying to make, but the number of games they have each played over the last 4 seasons is really all that is comparable here, as it is very difficult to compare the value of a goalie v a goal scorer. Although some may have lamely attempted to argue Gaboriks worth at $7.5M, would they have really argued Gaborik instead of Lehtonen? What was your point again? Just generalized bashing of "this board"?

Old
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Hanson Brothers

Don't write Kari off just yet. Guy is the most talented goalie in the system and IF he can keep himself healthy he will provide another aspect for ATL that Moose or Pavs can't provide.

Funny how people are ready to throw him off the team so quickly. Well, BUF fans were ready to do it with Afinogenov and look how that turned out.

Old
12-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Brothers View Post
Don't write Kari off just yet. Guy is the most talented goalie in the system and IF he can keep himself healthy he will provide another aspect for ATL that Moose or Pavs can't provide.

Funny how people are ready to throw him off the team so quickly. Well, BUF fans were ready to do it with Afinogenov and look how that turned out.
I'm not sure about quickly. He do get injured a LOT. Even as a hardcore Kari's fan, I start to have my faith in him shaken. However, there is n debate that he is the best goalie Thrashers ever have. And he is still very young and not yet at his prime yet. I would say that trading him or Pavalec would be a big mistake and a step back for this young franchise. I do find solace that he is getting slowy into rehab. A fresh Kari might be exactly what we need to solidify the playoff position.

Old
12-22-2009, 04:14 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Lehtonen is by far the best goalie this team has ever had. We're past reasoning and opinions when it comes to that.

He is by far superior to these so called soft goalies we have right now. Trade Pavelec to philly while we can. Maybe we can get something good. Because in 2 years when he turns out to be just a bench rider, we would have regretted that we didn't trade him now while teams think he is a good young talent.

Lehtonen will easily come back and retain his #1 spot.

As soon as that happens, we will be set at the goalie spot for years. Than we would need to just hope Kovy's situation is sorted out by than. No more distractions when Kari returns. I set my own little deadline here.

moose is playing good but he's too old. We need our past, present, and future star, Kari Lehtonen back on the ice.

and i dont want people to think im a Ondrej hater becuase i am not. I just know that Lehtonen is better and i want the best goalie in net for us.

Lehtonen please come back and save us!

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old
12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
GetPucksDeep

A healthy Lehtonen is better than a healthy Pavelec.

There's just no reason to believe he has any durability. He has athletic talents in a non-athletic body, if that makes any sense. I'd still like to have him for the second half of the season (and dare I say playoffs?) this year before he breaks down again.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
ThrashersInHamburg

Quote:
Lehtonen is by far the best goalie this team has ever had. We're past reasoning and opinions when it comes to that.

He is by far superior to these so called soft goalies we have right now. Trade Pavelec to philly while we can. Maybe we can get something good. Because in 2 years when he turns out to be just a bench rider, we would have regretted that we didn't trade him now while teams think he is a good young talent.

Lehtonen will easily come back and retain his #1 spot.

As soon as that happens, we will be set at the goalie spot for years. Than we would need to just hope Kovy's situation is sorted out by than. No more distractions when Kari returns. I set my own little deadline here.

moose is playing good but he's too old. We need our past, present, and future star, Kari Lehtonen back on the ice.

and i dont want people to think im a Ondrej hater becuase i am not. I just know that Lehtonen is better and i want the best goalie in net for us.

Lehtonen please come back and save us!

My opinion is just the same, we need Kari in a big way!

Closed Thread