HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs and Rangers

Old
10-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
From a hockey standpoint I can't really comment on the above proposal since it really depends where the Habs 1st rounder ends up. If it's a top 10, the Habs lose. If it's in the 20's the Rangers lose. The Habs are one of those teams that are very difficult to handicap in terms of where they might end up in the standings.

In addition, there is no way the Habs can add Redden's contract. It may work for this season because of Markov being out longterm, but next season and beyond it's pretty unworkable.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 10-14-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Makes no sense for either team.

Montreal needs to keep their pick because this is our chance to draft in the top 10.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Typical Ranger fan response.

Dubinsky is not worth a lot more than Plekanec.

Right now Dubinsky is slightly better but I like Plekanec's long-term potential.
I hate to break the news to you, but I'm not a Rangers fan. I live in Montreal and I hear these crap proposals every day.

Don't forget you're talking about the same GM who trade your top prospect and Higgins for an overpaid Gomez.

AEKaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
From a hockey standpoint I can't really comment on the above proposal since it really depends where the Habs 1st rounder ends up. If it's a top 10, the Habs lose. If it's in the 20's the Rangers lose. The Habs are one of those teams that are very difficult to handicap in terms of where they might end up in the standings.

In addition, there is no way the Habs can add Redden's contract. It may work for this season because of Markov being out longterm, but next season and beyond it's pretty unworkable.

What he said.

The only way the Rangers consider this is if they want to clear out cap space (Redden contract) and if the Habs pick is top 20. Plekanec has potential, so did/does Higgins.

AEKaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
No way the Rangers trade Dubinsky just to dump Redden. Stupid stupid trade. Oh and Redden has been quite good so far.
As much as I'd love Dubinsky in a Habs unifor I have to agree...

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah because the last time the Habs dealt with the Rangers it worked out so well for the Habs.

LEAVE GAINEY ALOONE.
You mean that great Kovalev trade right?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Sather has no motivation to make such a deal at this time. The season is early, far too early for most kinds of knee-jerk reactions. Yet it is never too early to respect a winning streak. The Rangers are hot; Redden and Dubinsky are part of that mojo right now. GMs of teams that are 5-1 don't make trades that significantly change the complexion of the club.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
SomE

So Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky along with Rozsival for Heatley... But he would totally be down with Dubinsky and Redden for one year of Plek and a mid 1st.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
HAHA I think the Rangers would make this deal to save cap space. Montreal gets seriously burned here. Redden isn't the man we thought he was. That was proven when Chara left his side. Without a big nasty d-man next to him who'll put the fear of God into others, he's easily to control.

Rangers would do this deal and then pull another shortly after to get a puck moving defenseman, and that wouldn't be hard to do.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:14 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
HAHA I think the Rangers would make this deal to save cap space. Montreal gets seriously burned here. Redden isn't the man we thought he was. That was proven when Chara left his side. Without a big nasty d-man next to him who'll put the fear of God into others, he's easily to control.

Rangers would do this deal and then pull another shortly after to get a puck moving defenseman, and that wouldn't be hard to do.
Nope. They wouldn't do this deal. Redden is playing great and so is Dubinsky.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

The Rangers would not do this deal. And I guess you haven't been paying attention, but we've got a couple rookies that are doing pretty well in the PMD department.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Redden is starting to get back to his best again.
No
He still doesn't look like he's worth $6.5M

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
So Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky along with Rozsival for Heatley... But he would totally be down with Dubinsky and Redden for one year of Plek and a mid 1st.
Stop with the logical posts, a posters's head is going to explode.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:22 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
No
He still doesn't look like he's worth $6.5M
No one said that. But he has looked his best in a Rangers uni since the beginning of the season. He has been, in my opinion, the best Rangers defenseman... period, so far.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Typical Ranger fan response.

Dubinsky is not worth a lot more than Plekanec.

Right now Dubinsky is slightly better but I like Plekanec's long-term potential.
We didn't draft Dubinsky to be a whining ***** like Plek. Dubi swallowed the knife, came to camp and showed he belonged. Dubinsky will never be an 80 point player. He will be a heart-and-soul player who will in all likelihood be a career Ranger because the organization needs guys like him and Callahan and vice versa. Plek is not a team player and would suffocate and die under a real coach.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
We didn't draft Dubinsky to be a whining ***** like Plek. Dubi swallowed the knife, came to camp and showed he belonged. Dubinsky will never be an 80 point player. He will be a heart-and-soul player who will in all likelihood be a career Ranger because the organization needs guys like him and Callahan and vice versa. Plek is not a team player and would suffocate and die under a real coach.
What makes you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Makes no sense for either team.

Montreal needs to keep their pick because this is our chance to draft in the top 10.

Not really, they are struggling without Markov but that is understandable. They are very capable of contending for a playoff spot especially when the injured players return.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6.5M Cap space > Wade Redden

All your arguments are void now.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEKaki View Post
I hate to break the news to you, but I'm not a Rangers fan. I live in Montreal and I hear these crap proposals every day.

Don't forget you're talking about the same GM who trade your top prospect and Higgins for an overpaid Gomez.
Get your facts straight.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Its really no argument, he's a #6 dman.
Watch a game, please.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
6.5M Cap space > Wade Redden

All your arguments are void now.
Only on HFboards.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post

I won't comment on Dubinsky but your comments regarding Plekanec couldn't be more wrong.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 07:58 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Only on HFboards.
WTH are you talking about. NO ONE WANTS THAT CONTRACT!!! I take the cap space every single day of the week!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Plek is older but has shown 69 points in 2007-8. Did 39 in 2008-9 which was horrible for him.
Dubinsky best season are 40 and 41.
So up to now, an horrible season for Plekanec is about the same as Dubinsky best season.

From what I see, Plekanec is back to his 2007-8 level.
We can expect at least 60 points from him, may be more.
As for Brandon, he still has to reach 42 points. Good season start though.

Now Dubinsky is bigger.
Plekanec has played bigger this season.

Now this is just based on numbers.
Based on that I would not exchange Plekanec for Dubinsky.

Rangers will be in Montreal for two games in the next two weeks.
So let's see. Dubinsky is having a vey good season start.
You may be right but not now. Not yet.
Plekanec is 4 years older and has not played on a team NEARLY as offensively handicaped as the Rangers last year.

Dubinsky put up 40 points playing with Jagr, and 41 without the Jagr the next year, so same point totals without playing with one of the top 20 players to EVER step on the ice. One more point, not playing with Homomir Gaygr? Yeah he had a good sophomore year.

So far 6 points in 7 games.

Dubinsky 23 years old - .49 ppg.

Plekanec 26 (turns 27 in 2 weeks)- .59 ppg

Ooohhh Plekanec is just oozing with potential being 4 years older and having .1 more ppg!

Psh. **** Plekanec. I wouldnt trade Dubinsky for him even if it meant dumping Michael Blowitzall or Way Deadend. Another horribly over rated player by a horribly over rated habs team.

If Plek strung back to back 60 point seasons, id say then Plekanec>Dubi would be a valid arguement. But Dubinsky as a 23 year old put up a better season on a team with less than ZERO offense (25th in the NHL) then a 26 year old plekanec on a team with an average offense.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Black Tank

Redden is paired with Gilroy who has been very impressive as the highly touted rookie. Redden is also playing his best hockey in a Rangers uniform and if traded, the Rangers would need another veteran defenseman who they would hope would have the same chemistry with Gilroy. Unless it's a blockbuster of an offer, I doubt they move Redden right now.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
WTH are you talking about. NO ONE WANTS THAT CONTRACT!!! I take the cap space every single day of the week!
Same was said about Gomez's contract. Sather not only found a GM stupid enough to take it, but pay a hefty price for it as well.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote