HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal

Old
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Dubinsky has 6 points in 7 games. Hes also clearing a ton of space for Prospal and Gaborik with his gritty style.

Drury has 4 points in 7 games...on pace for his typical 50+ point season of good two-way hockey.

Higgins is the only one I'd be "worried" about, but its only a matter of time before he pots one...hes certainly getting his chances.

I'm of the same mindset here.

Dubinsky has played well regardless of the lack of goals. They will come as long as he continues to do what he has been doing.

Drury on pace for an average year while playing a very solid all around game. This is the role that he's perfect in. I would expect to see him get hot very soon.

Higgins does concern me a bit, but since he's not hurting us, allowing him the time needed to find his way is fine by me.

When the lack of secondary scoring becomes a problem, I will be concerned, but as it is, we are getting secondary scoring from different areas and the fact that these guys have yet to chip in in a significant way actually has me more encouraged than concerned.

This is a good problem to have really.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
prospal has been a brilliant signing so far. hes simply been one of the best players on the ice every night so far this season.

that said, he needs to be moved off that first line and center the second line asap.

our lack of scoring balance will start to hurt us soon. that 2nd line is more like a 3rd line. we cannot afford those guys to have zero goals every night much longer. keep i mind, the 2nd line has scored exactly 2 even strength goals in 6 games. thats um........ not good.

they lack a playmaker and puck distributor and that what prospal is.

he needs to center the 2nd line. period.
Very much disagree. It would be a grave error to mess around with the first line given that Prospal is the reason there is chemistry and balance on that line.

But they do need to address the play making issue on that second line and I'm pretty sure it won't be long before Avery bumps Higgins off that line.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I have no idea what you're saying, so I'll respond with my opinion of Prospal.

This guy is what we all wished Zherdev would become. A playmaking winger that can play the body, can play defense, and shows a lot of heart and intensity. It's a shame he probably won't be back next season because he's already become one of my favorites.
I have no idea what ur talking about either, i mean who would compare those two players. Prospal is much more dynamic and brings it every night. All zherdev had was natural skill, but that doesent mean much without applying yourself.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Very much disagree. It would be a grave error to mess around with the first line given that Prospal is the reason there is chemistry and balance on that line.

But they do need to address the play making issue on that second line and I'm pretty sure it won't be long before Avery bumps Higgins off that line.
fair enough. when put that way, we agree.

so then, when does dubi get rotated out?

prospal centers gaborik and dubi centers the line of higgins and cally.

avery to the 1st line then ? or perhaps my boy lisin even. and what to do with capt cash?

makes sense ?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post

I agree that second line is a little weak, but what else makes sense. Also besides the game last night, higgins has been great player, just lacking the scoring touch, but has good chemistry with cally. If anybodey is hurting that line it is Drury, u kno it and i kno it, but where else could he be moved that would make sense. I dont like to pick on someoen when there winning but his skill has not changed. I mean i would not mine to see Dubi with cally and higgins, but than that leaves Gaborik with prospal and drury, or prospal playing center and putting someone else on that line like Kotalik and having drury play 4th line but that probably wont happen. Hey to me Drury does not serve much purpose on this team and any chance we can to move him, it must be done.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
fair enough. when put that way, we agree.

so then, when does dubi get rotated out?

prospal centers gaborik and dubi centers the line of higgins and cally.

avery to the 1st line then ? or perhaps my boy lisin even. and what to do with capt cash?

makes sense ?
Dubinsky isn't scoring goals but is still productive and provides a physical element along the boards and in front of the net. HOWEVER, his effort has decreased considerably over the last couple games. He is starting to float back to where he thinks he is an ultra skilled player and not the nasty power forward (which is his only hope to ever be a genuinely legit top 2 line center). He is starting to do the things he promised he won't do at the beginning of the season. That pattern will undoubtedly get him off the top line sooner rather than later. BUT given that Torts has expressed his enthusiasm in dealing with these issues with Dubinsky, I expect there to be more patience with him on the first line intermittent with hard messages being sent to him. Like temporarily throwing him on the third or fourth line. But mostly as a part of the "process" as opposed to permanently adjusting lines. Unless of course the offense just starts to tank and the chemistry all goes to hell. Then all bets are off. Now is not close to that time.

But there aren't many playmaker solutions to that second line. You can put Avery on there. He isn't an ideal but he does posses playmaking ability and an ability to open ice for scorers and he also tends to generate activity around the net. And that's a line with a couple guys that gravitate to the net looking to bang pucks in. That's the best move at present given that you do not want to screw around with a line that is flying high. Never f*#@k around with what's winning you games. Never!

At this point all you can tweak is the bottom three lines. The problem with Avery onto the second line is that you'll create the same problem on the third line. Avery is the reason that line has picked it up and why Anisimov looks like he getting more and more comfortable. Avery is creating space and giving Anisimov a bit of extra time to digest things in the offensive zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Also besides the game last night, higgins has been great player, just lacking the scoring touch, but has good chemistry with cally.
I can certainly see why it looks that way. But the argument can also be made that they are redundant on that line. Basically you have the same type of player. And speed/aggression looks very good next to speed/aggression. But you need balance on a line. And that line has none. You basically have three similar players without any playmaking ability.

Eventually, it will make sense to put Dubinsky at center there and try Drury on one of the wings. But you don't make drastic changes while a team is winning. And in the mean time the issue may correct itself. The lack of playmaking pizazz on that second line could end up being substituted to a large extent by the players becoming more and more familiar with one another's tendencies. This happens all the time in hockey. Three players adding up to more than the sum of line's parts.

But never ever f*#@k with what's winning you games.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
DontStaal

Prospal deserves the second A

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
Prospal deserves the second A
Agreed... He knows what Torts wants and will preach that aspect of everything. he busts his ass out there and has a lot of skill.

I think giving him the A would make him play even better too considering he'll feel a lot of loyalty to the Rangers and Torts.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

just ordered my prospal jersey, love they way he plays and with all the emotion..great guy, great player

this is my contribution to #20!!

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Fan View Post
just ordered my prospal jersey, love they way he plays and with all the emotion..great guy, great player

this is my contribution to #20!!
Hope the team has some money to re-sign him because we aren't getting him at what he's being paid now.

Hopefully we don't have to pay him a fortune, but it should be a reasonable amount and he should be brought back.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 03:52 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
He reminds me of Rucinsky when we had him ... putting in a solid, honest effort each night.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
FLYLine24*

I love this guy. Plays every game hard, uses the body, has a little edge to him and he is very good offense and defensivly....how old is he again..34? If he plays anywhere near like he has for the rest of the season, i would say lock him up for at least another 2 years after this.

This has pleasantly been a very, very surprising signing. I knew he would likely be a solid player, but I didnt think he would be this good as an all around player.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:05 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Speaking of Prospal, what happened to his face shield? He used to have the biggest, most intense shield in the league... now he has none at all!

He was Robocop.

His shield:

Now on the Rangers:

What's the deal?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

He sacked up.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I guess Vinny finally realized that he wore the ugliest shield in the league.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
LyNX27

Prospal is the bomb. He brings it every night, has intensity, loves to play, and generally makes the right play.

Not sure if Torts is going to want to give him a letter. Maybe he doesn't want to be showing favoritism even though Prospal has earned it. Maybe Prospal is too much of a joker with the rest of the guys to be taken as a leader.

Either way, him at 1 mill was a no brainer.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
He reminds me a lot of Straka.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
He reminds me a lot of Straka.
A much slower Straka. He reminds me a bit more of Rucinsky

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
A much slower Straka. He reminds me a bit more of Rucinsky
Yeah I kind of forgot about Straka's speed but I like how they have a similar work ethic, also Straka wasn't as much of a shooter if I remember right.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote